LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
BrianBoitano
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:05 pm
Thanks guys, I think I’ve gotten over my loneliness and frustration now. For a while there I was doubting whether or not I should stay on this forum d'oh!.
Now I’m better, so let’s work on the other articles! TheFirst has an interesting one up, check it out Wink
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:47 pm
whoo! It’s always a problem getting people to get on here. If you’;re worried about volume, I’ll get firing again after a little while. I do have marching band for a while, though, and that’s a 30-hour week additional to school all fall. (and 9 to 9 camp for two weeks before school!)
The First
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:19 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Well, that’s really the only advice I can give to you if you want to improve your deck. For casual play it is looking very decent.

I often build casual decks but they don’t last for a long time if they don’t win at least some games. I do not mean by this that your deck is awful (not at all) I really love those synergies but it is hard to improve your deck. It seems very well balanced. And especially for those decks, to improve them, they need to be rebuild from scratch (unless they are working fine the way they are).

I often base my casual decks around the kiss principle. Having casual combos in a consistent and simple deck, tend to improve the overall performance of casual decks. In a later stadium, I make them more complex if the first version seems to be running smoothly and provide me with enough wins or fun to outweight the effort put into the deck.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:19 am
Felipe Musco wrote:
I just don’t like the idea of using Savra, I think she’s kind of weak. Maybe you could switch her out for Fallen Angel or Nantuko Husk.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
OF COURSE!!! Now I see the answer. Savra is nice with all the sacrificing, but there’s an answer along the lines you’re going down, but one that works in perfect harmony with the rest of the deck. It also fits with you’re notes on lots of mana.

So here is my big finisher, hopefully in time for all of you guys to vote:
-2 Savra, Queen of the Golgari
+2 Void Maw Twisted Evil

We got beefy, we got win condition, we got synergy all around!!!
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:28 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Now THAT sounds more like a finisher! Twisted Evil I LOVED this guy the minute I saw him on the spoiler! (btw, still no sign of the Pre-Release here... heh, what one can do, right?)
I don't like YOU.
The First
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:31 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
How does Void Maw work in perfect harmony with the rest of the deck???

If nullifies your Germination. It doesn’t really work that well with the March.

A 4/5 trample for 6 mana... I’ve seen better.

It is a real beast in limited but I do have my doubts for constructed. I’d rather put him in the sb.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:22 pm
Void Maw is a much better fit in the deck than Savra ever was. Savra was there to sweeten the deal for all of your sacrificing abilities (STE, Thoughtpicker Witch, Plagued Rusalka, Wild Cantor), to provide a finisher for when you get your combo out, and to act semi-control.

Void Maw doesn’t interfere with any of the other cards except Germination. It actually improves Bloodbond March, as it becomes less symmetrical (you can hold up your opponent’s creatures).

You’re not taking into account the theme of the deck when you say "I’ve seen better". Of course there are better stand-alone cards as finishers, but in this deck Void Maw is the best choice. This deck can do what Ghost Husk can do in terms of sacrificing, and Void Maw is a better choice here since it works so well with March, it curves out better, and it tramples.

Sorry, Felipe, about your lack of pre-release Sad. I hope it’s a good event when those customs guys get their act together!
"Not again" -Hans
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:48 pm
Those Brazilian customs agents tick me off. Mad Laughing

Nice article, sorry it went unreviewed for so long. I’ll be starting a thread soon about how to get more activity going around here...
Last edited by Cobra on Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:03 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, they can be a pain, just hope they don’t get in the way of my first order from Cobra Cards, it’s gonna be frustrating... Sad
I hope I at least WIN the Pre-Release, I mean, a sealed booster box from a new edition for very little cost is a sweet deal! Plus the 5 boosters I’ll get just for playing, and the foil Allosaurus Rider! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest