LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:34 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
PW is perfectly right, EVERY Card Game is a STRATEGY game. Be it how you assign the minions or archery wounds, be it the order in which you resolve the skirmishes. But this alone is not enough, a deck that has no goal (other than the will to win, of course) will be crushed. See, you want to use Gandalf with Sent Back, that’ll be our strategy for now. First, you’ll need 4 copies of Sent Back, and 4 copies of Gandalf. Then, you’ll need some possessions so that your Gandalf can win some skirmishes (Glamdring, Foe-Hammer fits nicely). Then, you’ll need a better Gandalf in your starting Fellowship. If you want to move a lot, Gandalf, Mithrandir sounds nice (you could also start playing The Prancing Pony, to fetch Aragorn, King in Exile, so that you diminish the drawback on Gandalf). Then, Wielder of the Flame comes to mind, and so does Gandalf’s Staff. You can explore this combo and move like crazy, while choking the twilight pool, since spells will give away very little twilight. Add in some Fireworks, so you can get Sent Back, well, BACK in the deck, so you can use it over and over again. Use Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir (see next), and some pumps/ Power According to His Stature. Some possessions for him might be nice, too. Add in Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, Bilbo Baggins, Retired Adventurer and Hugin, Emissary from Laketown, and you’ve got a choking deck which is pretty good at cycling, AND has a goal/strategy... Also, check my tips on the Grimbeorn deck, here at the deck clinic, to see what else you can add (like Servant of the Secret Fire...).
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:56 pm
felipe, you should write up an article on a deck like this. it seems like you enjoy that sort of combo. although, i must admit that deck might not be the best, it would be fun, and probably as good as you could make a deck focusing round sent back.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:41 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You’d be surprised with what I can do with this combo... Twisted Evil
As a matter of fact, I AM working on some sort of fellowship ’round it, in an article style, but it’ll take some time before I can post it... Think
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:19 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
BTW, I’d advise you to do a little bit of deck formatting. Some of your cards are missing commas, so they aren’t linking. Try a format like this:
Free Peoples (X Cards)
Ring and Ringbearer

Starting Fellowship (X Cards)

Companions (X Cards)

Possessions (X Cards)

Events (X Cards)

Conditions (X Cards)

Shadow (X Cards)
Minions (X Cards)

Possessions (X Cards)

Events (X Cards

Conditions (X Cards)

And then stick your cards under the headers. If you don’t have any possessions, conditions, etc. in your deck, just eliminate that part from the decklist.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:37 pm
thanks fot=r he advice FP

pipeweed yes you do need strategy

GC instead of pionting out my MINOR errors you could give me more tips

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you i just love this smiley
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:01 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
TheHobbit13 wrote:

GC instead of pionting out my MINOR errors you could give me more tips

First off I think you mean CG.
BUt you should listen to him.
It is much, much easier to review a deck if it is orderly and has spaces so one can figure it out.

I would take his advice.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
bobtheorc wrote:
It is much, much easier to review a deck if it is orderly and has spaces so one can figure it out.

Right, that’s what I was getting at. Once the decklist is a little more orderly, and everything’s linking properly, it’s a lot easier to look over.

At first glance, you’ve got too many different cards. It’s not Highlander, so don’t be afraid to cut out some cards and put in 3x or 4x of others.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded