LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

Total Votes : 6
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:11 pm
lingering shadow against an ent deck equals instant corruption! when i use this card in my nazzie decks i always love it when im playin an ent deckl, they think theyre all that when their ents are soakin up all the wounds, but then you slap down those lingering shadows and they cant heal their stupid ents w/o corrupting their gandalf. that card is AWESOME! Mr. Green
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:49 pm
I just played this deck, and boy does it work! Corrupted at site 5.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Cobra
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:41 am
I like this concept quite a bit -- you have some sweet combos going like Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow pulling back those key events, assignment manipulation making Sense of Obligation really hurt, and the Sauron splash adding some extra burdens.

As Merrick_Hale observed, the problems are that the deck is quite expensive (vulnerable to choke decks) and also quite combo-oriented (vulnerable to bad draws). It also seems that Gandalf with the right accessories (Foehammer and Pallando) will give you a hard time.

I don’t doubt that this corruption deck has performed very well in your meta, but for a more general audience, I think these are significant issues that should be addressed in your article. Cool You may also consider a brief discussion of how to integrate this Shadow into a full deck -- should the Free Peoples have any specific task like card-cycling or site manipulation? Should it run? Choke? Just stay alive? What might the site path look like?
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
orian
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:16 am
see you opponents play his starting fellowship:

frodo, bilbo, sam, smeagol

concede the game
I love this deck
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:08 pm
I was pulled in by the description, but I don’t think the deck is that good, I liked the other wraith article better. I would give you a 3.5, but I’ll give you a 3.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest