LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
legolamb
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:13 pm
My starting Fellowship is Aragorn, Strider, Faramir, Captain of Gondor, Ranger of Ithilien and Frodo, Resoloute Hobbit, with The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles. My Companians are Elendil, The Tall, 2 Ranger of Ithilien, Mablung, soldier of Gondor, and Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver(That is not counting the Starting Fellowship).
My Possessions are 4 Ithilien blade 1 Ranger’s Sword, Blade of Aragorn 1 Hobbit Sword 1 Gondorian Blade 1 Knife of the Galadhrim 1 Flaming Brand 1 Bow of Minas Tirith 1 Faramir’s Cloak 2 Ranger’s Cloak 4 Ranger’s Bow and 1 Aragorn’s Bow(Promo)
My Conditions are 4 Ancient Roads And 1 Boromir My Brother
My Events are 4 Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom 2 While We Yet Live and 4 War and Valor

This deck has virtually no strategy other than to get out all 4 Ancient Roads, all the Rangers of ithilien’s Possessions and Faramir’s possessions, and give Mablung a Ranger’s Bow. Please post on strategy and cards to enhance the deck. Thank you.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:17 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I suggest you take a closer look on the structure in which we post decks (Article session or Deck Clinic), except PeterPot.
It’s more organized, and easier to review. After you edit your post, I’ll get to reviewing it, I played a deck like this, really nice one!
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:18 pm
First of all, never say your deck has basically no strategy. That just starts things off on a bad note. The description tags are for a description of the deck to be shown in the deck design archives, so put a brief summary in the tags and write the rest outside the tags. At least look at one of the other posts on this forum and please format your decklist like the rest of us... it just makes things more convienient, sorry if im sounding nitpicky.

For good advice on any deck, check out the deck design archives.

Your deck seems all over the place... I don’t really know what to say. It probably wouldn’t hurt to cut some companions and put in more frodo defense.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
legolamb
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:24 pm
Thanks for the tips Homage
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:34 pm
Don’t bow to me, I don’t deserve it. If you were bowing to Felipe, go ahead, I’ll join right in! Homage

Some cards for healing would be helpful. Also, I find that a deck focused around both wounding and strength tends to be too spread out. Go for one or the other, in my opinion. Not saying that having strong companions like Faramir and Aragorn are bad, its just that a some wounding and some strength works a lot worse, IMO, than a lot of wounding or a lot of strength seperate from each other.

Id go with wounding, personally. Add in some banner of westernesse for healing, arrows thick in the air is also a nice card, stand to arms isn’t bad either.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
fingolfin
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:37 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
OK Homage that was to me.

I like the structure., Cool
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:54 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:
Don’t bow to me, I don’t deserve it. If you were bowing to Felipe, go ahead, I’ll join right in! Homage

Why should someone bow to me?!?!? Shocked
I didn’t even give any advice to the deck, yet! Eh?
I don't like YOU.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:46 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
THis is how it should look:

My starting Fellowship
Frodo, Resoloute Hobbit, with The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles. Aragorn, Strider,
Faramir, Captain of Gondor,
Ranger of Ithilien

My other Companians
Elendil, The Tall,
2x Ranger of Ithilien,
Mablung, soldier of Gondor,
and Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver

My Possessions
4x Ithilien blade
Ranger’s Sword, Blade of Aragorn
Hobbit Sword
Gondorian Blade
Knife of the Galadhrim
Flaming Brand
Bow of Minas Tirith
Faramir’s Cloak
2x Ranger’s Cloak
4x Ranger’s Bow
and Aragorn’s Bow(Promo)

My Conditions
4 Ancient Roads
And Boromir My Brother

My Events
4x Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom
2x While We Yet Live
and 4x War and Valor
Hope this helps.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
legolamb
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:09 pm
hey i’m new and I havn’t seen Decipher’s strutchure for a long tttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legolamb wrote:
hey i’m new and I havn’t seen Decipher’s strutchure for a long tttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee

yeah you could edit your post you know but Ok.

i would focus on strength personally
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded