LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
22%
  [ 2 ]  22%

77%
  [ 7 ]  77%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 9
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:28 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yes, you could re-write it, discussing strategies, like: always take phases step by step, so you don’t forget anything. Don’t rush opponents. Pay attention and ALWAYS call a judge if there seems to be some rules disagreement, READ your opponents’ cards when you’re not familiar with what they do (don’t just simply ask them), and so forth.
I don't like YOU.
hblika
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:30 pm
Good article Pipeweed!

Nice to see someone posting something a bit different than a decklist with a strategy Smile A solid 4 from me too.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:57 pm
Thanks everyone. I thought it might be nice to see something different Smile

PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Now, this month’s voting’s going to be a close call!
Let’s see the standings:

1st - "The Dark Lord’s Gang": 4.38 points
2nd - "Tournaments 101: Preparing For Your First Sanctioned Event": 4.33 points
3rd - "Nine Minions on Thirteen Twilight?!?- The Uruk Swarm/Bomb": 4.25 points

Vote now, people, before it’s too late! Too bad that "The Time of Corruption" is not going to place Top 2, I like corruption decks!
PS: Sorry guys, just wanted to stir up the Contest, since I actually voted for it this month! Razz
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:24 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Too bad that "The Time of Corruption" is not going to place Top 2, I like corruption decks!

Thanks for the sentiment, Felipe. I love corruption decks, too! Now that I’ve got the formating and such figured out, I just need to find a killer topic...

It was great to see an article break the mold around here. I greatly enjoyed this, and it would be a great read for anyone preparring to join a tourney.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:57 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Yes, you could re-write it, discussing strategies, like: always take phases step by step, so you don’t forget anything. Don’t rush opponents. Pay attention and ALWAYS call a judge if there seems to be some rules disagreement, READ your opponents’ cards when you’re not familiar with what they do (don’t just simply ask them), and so forth.

Yes, i cant agree more with what Felipe is saying here. In GenCon, i played this guy who was using rohan (weird i know) and he was moving to site nine with my 4 trolls already out on the field, then he played a companion during the regroup phase and discarded one of my porter trolls. I lost that game because of that and when i looked back on it, i realized that the companion he played could only be played in the skirmish phase and it said you could exhaust a minion when you played it, not discard one. Lesson is, always read your opponents cards when they play a big move like that.

PS: if i had caught that during the game, i would have made it to day 2 of worlds Sad
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:45 pm
Thanks PT Very Happy
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest