LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

75%
  [ 6 ]  75%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
exarrkun
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:36 pm
--- description ---
Ideas for using the old Hobbit Farmer to abuse the post-Shadows site path. (Not tournament-legal.)
--- end description ---

Do you remember it? the good old times of "the fellowship of the ring"?
and do you remember that silly hobbit ally: "hobbit farmer"?

let me refresh your mind: "while you can spot your site one, this ally has the same game text of that site + fellowship: exert him to replace opponent’s site one"

with the old site system he wasn’t quite impressive...
but with the new system he opens a lot of possibilities!!!
do you have a favorite site with your fellowship??
let’s take "caras caladhon" : with a hobbit farmer on the table, the enemy will not be able to swarm you for the entire game!!!

lets make a list:

gondor:
The Prancing Pony:
if you need to play rangers fast and you are not afraid of burdens, this is a very good combo. just beware for corruption...
Window on the West:
want to make every gondor man defender +4? (this isn’t so good, just funny. if you want safety from swarming, just use caras caladhon)

dwarves:
barazinbar:
with one farmer in play, you can exert at each start of the fellowship phase to play a possession from your draw deck!!! with four farmers...
Chamber of Mazarbul:
transfer every possession with no twilight cost
Moria Stairway: four farmers=four extra lord of moria’s (handy with honed)
Trollshaw Forest:
this is a ubercombo with almost every deck, but with dwarves... just imagine! "i play one ring...i may draw 1-4 cards!!!"
Starkhorn:
if you need cycling and if you win a lot, this is the card for you!!
Fords of Isen:
Twisted Evil this is it... Twisted Evil i have built a dwarf deck with this combo with a lot of cycling and if your farmers stay on the table, you are invincible against strength and swarming. my durin is strength 46 and my gimli strength 40!!!

smeagol:
Dammed Gate-stream:
imagine...with four farmers...every turn you may play four smeagol cards from your draw deck!!!
Mere of Dead Faces:
this is very good because it pervents the enemy from playing Anduin Confluence

rohan:
Flats of Rohan:
with four farmers, you are strength +12 if you are defender +1!!!
Harrowdale:
no fierce minions for the entire game!!!
Stables:
need mounts??? just don’t exert too much...

hobbits:
Green Dragon Inn:
if you don’t pull companions...

gandalf:
Heights of Isengard:
one of my favorites...if your wizard wins with four farmers on the table...(fe:beyebeye four senses of obligation!!)
Pinnacle of Zirakzigil:
gandalf died? no problem! just revive him next turn

elves:
Old Forest Road:
heal 8 elves every turn? no problem!!

good for any culture:
caras caladhon:
don’t get swarmed.
Cavern Entrance:
may turn against you, but if you don’t play with skirmish events...
Ettenmoors:
be careful with this. may turn against you because the enemy may do this too. but if you have a lot of vitality...
Helm’s Gate:
again, be careful, the enemy may have weapons too...
North Undeep:
against evil archery...
Pelennor Flat:
this may look stupid but if you play a deck that needs cycling it can be very handy (just make sure you don’t play more than two farmers...)
Wold Battlefield:
once again, beware... minions can exert too
Redhorn Pass:
if you don’t play with tokens, this can be deadly against the new southron archers!!! (and corsairs Twisted Evil )

but, ofcourse, this is just the nice side of it.
these combo’s can be blocked with these shadow sides:

-site control: if your home site is controlled, your ally is discarted...
-ally wounding/discarting: there are few decks of these but if you come against them, you may say goodbeye against your farmers
-and the site of doom against this deck: Anduin Confluence

but you can prevent this with:
-site manipulation against Anduin Confluence (and also to switch your own site one if you need another combo)
-site liberation against site control (most sites are controlled during the regroup and need to spot a minion so if you don’t let any minions survive with fe:fords of Isen, you may not even need site liberation)
-run run run to site nine against ally wounding/discarting!!!

this is it! my first article!
i know my english is bad but could you be a little merciful??
it’s my third language (i live in belgium Rolling Eyes ) and i’m only 16 so i’m still teaching it

Very Happy any other comments are welcome Very Happy
a story that has a happy ending is a story that isn't over yet...
exarrkun
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:57 pm
are you guys sleeping right now? Very Happy
Pipsqueak
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:31 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Um, well, for starters, Hobbit Farmer is illegal ’cause he’s from the first block.
Second, Moria Stairway is 1) also from the first block, and 2) site 4. So, Hobbit Farmer’s game text won’t work.
Long live the southern bros. Homage
Beyo
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:23 pm
Properly work only card what refers to "any site (number) " in expanded or standard environment.
Time in the universe may be eternal..our patience is not
ingold55
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:50 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
liked the article. Very Happy
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Cobra
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:26 pm
Pipsqueak --
Cards from earlier blocks are still legal in Expanded play. "Moria Stairway" was reprinted in Shadows, making it legal for all formats, and playable as the first site.

Exarrkun --
Some good thoughts behind this article, but unfortunately the combo of Hobbit Farmer + new sites simply doesn’t work. Cards that refer to "Site 1" are specifically referring to the Fellowship Block site path; there’s just no Fellowship site symbol because they hadn’t fully developed LOTR TCG’s site path mechanic at that stage of the game.

Cards meant to work for all blocks will say "any" before the site number. For example, Anduril, Flame of the West’s ability triggers when your fellowship is at "any site 2 or any site 5."
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
exarrkun
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:20 am
Cobra wrote:
Pipsqueak --
Cards from earlier blocks are still legal in Expanded play. "Moria Stairway" was reprinted in Shadows, making it legal for all formats, and playable as the first site.

Exarrkun --
Some good thoughts behind this article, but unfortunately the combo of Hobbit Farmer + new sites simply doesn’t work. Cards that refer to "Site 1" are specifically referring to the Fellowship Block site path; there’s just no Fellowship site symbol because they hadn’t fully developed LOTR TCG’s site path mechanic at that stage of the game.

Cards meant to work for all blocks will say "any" before the site number. For example, Anduril, Flame of the West’s ability triggers when your fellowship is at "any site 2 or any site 5."

woops! Embarassed
didn’t knew that sorry
Sad that makes my article pretty useless doens’t it, Crying or Very sad
Cobra
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:59 am
Hey, it was a good attempt -- find a combo like this that the rules allow, and you’ll have a top-notch article! Laughing Hope to hear more from you.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Hazael
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:39 pm
My jaw dropped. lol
You almost had me looking at the prices on Hobbit Farmer.

But cobra is right. It wouldnt work.... whew!

If you would have written it as an idea ...not as a possibility, I might have given it 4 maybe 5. Cool

just a comment for your next article...
You should look at using Bold Italics and Underline to make it nicer looking and much easier to read.

-english was very good for your 3rd language Wink
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest