LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:40 pm
Coorect me if I’m wrong, but you plan to kill people with biorhythym. So why aren’t there four copies? I understand you don’t want to draw two, but think about it! What’s so bad about having a dead card when they die? As long as you don’t cut important things, you’re fine. Perhaps Elders should go for another rhythym, another Meloku, another howler, and another KoTnT?
ure_d_best
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:37 pm
4 Biorhythm is too many and we need the Sakura-Tribe Elder for acceleration and early blockers against aggro.

Just noticed Smile , the lands don’t have white mana anymore and we have now 2 Glare of Subdual. We need to cut 1 land to have plain and another option is to cut 1 llanowar elves for birds of paradise.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:54 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Definitly Birds over Llanowars, sinde the deck is two-colored anyway! Specially being three-colored!!! Other than that, I’d have to go with Grail, you have few deck thinners, and Caryatid isn’t that great an accelerator, so either you should go with 4 copies of Biorhythm (wich I don’t think would be THAT good), or go with things like Compulsive Research (since you don’t need that much lands later on) or Tidings (’cause you have a lot of accelerators). What do you think about this:
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:59 pm
I guess my point with bops is I almost never swing with llanowar elves, and on the rare occasions I do, it’s totally inconsequential. I’d rather have the extra flying power and the chance to grab that extra for something like evacuation (requiring double blue).

I like the idea of compulsive research a lot, but I do believe caryatid can be useful in the given format. another thing that I really, really love to death is a little bit of utility bounce. this is because Ghost Husk is the power deck right now, and there are very limited ways to mess with him, namely bounce him just before damage is stacked (after they sac. all their stuff).
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:19 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I didn’t mean to drp Caryatid, but maybe Glare of Subdual (not exactly a handful or creatures to use it, and it kinds of get in the way to strategy), since the deck already has Meloku to stall massive attacks. Of course, Meloku AND Glare work wonderfully together, but it may be easier to speed up things than to try to stall the early game, waiting for the right cards to come by. It could easily replace Sensei’s Divining Top, at least.
I don't like YOU.
ure_d_best
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:33 am
I also like the Compulsive Research idea. I think digging more cards in your deck will help find your Biorhythm pieces. With Carven Caryatid, this really helps against aggro.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:55 pm
Nice rogue deck. Not really a combo deck per se, just a lot of good synergy. I wouldn’t mind losing to this deck, because you’d at least know the person playing it didn’t get the idea from some T8 or anything like that.
r2d2quino
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:20 pm
Nice idea, very original!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest