LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

50%
  [ 3 ]  50%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Ilvaldi
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:18 pm
I do know the philosophy of fire is an article written by mike flores. Heck, that’s where my burn deck originated from. Second of all, it is possible to achieve 3 damage per card, but barely. In my statement, I mentioned that my BURN is 3+, not all of my cards.

Grail did not fare so well at regionals because his matchups were control. I saw some of his plays and during playtesting, he may very small ounces of play mistakes.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:02 pm
Anonymous wrote:
... read the philosophy of fire. it’s 2 percard.

how can you attend regionals without knowing about the most basic principles of magic?

Okay. Let’s say it’s two per card. On turn five, you’ll have about 4-5 land and about seven burn spells. They are now at 14 and you have nbo cards with which to kill them. Think about it.

P.S. I got beaten at Regionals by getting my only auto-loss matchup twice in the first four rounds- ghost dad against Zoo. Why I said agro got killed, which it did, is the amount of ghost dad, Wrath of God, and other anti-agro (such as pyroclasm) that were running rampant around regionals.

To the best of my knowledge, Inresponse, nobody has banned your old account, least of all me, despite the fact that you so enjoy trying to flame me.
Cobra
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:10 pm
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
Okay. Let’s say it’s two per card. On turn five, you’ll have about 4-5 land and about seven burn spells. They are now at 14 and you have no cards with which to kill them.

I think you mean to say they’re at 6, since 7 spells @ 2 damage each = 14 damage dealt.

It was mentioned that the "Philosophy of Fire" argues that your entire deck, including land, should average 2 damage per card. Newsflash: if your deck is 1/3 land, that’s the same as saying the actual spells should average 3 damage.

And as Ilvaldi said, "The real philosophy is to play the most efficient burn possible." It hardly matters what rhetoric you use, if your deck gets the job done, right?

Therefore, I humbly suggest that the current debate is entirely devoid of substance, and that we move on to other issues. Cool

-- Cobra
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:52 pm
Okay, I don’t count lands when analyzing excluding mana base analysis, my bad. I count cards that do something other than just tap for mana as the only ones when I analyze things like mana curve and power level.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:24 pm
tap ur lands to deal damage to urself w/ mana burn!!! Very Happy ...LOL!

Sorry, I just felt like being a newb.
r2d2quino
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:42 pm
Very good deck indeed, although Surging Flame might be better than Guerilla Tactics. Other than that (which was not around when this article was up), coll build.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:06 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
May, is this article old news or what? Hey, Grail, did you ever get around to adding Demonfire to it? Laughing
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
May, is this article old news or what? Hey, Grail, did you ever get around to adding Demonfire to it? Laughing

No and I don’t intend to.

This deck won’t pull more than 5 land (22/60 = 11/30 and I won’t reach half of thirty until 8th turn on the draw or 9th on the play for about 5.5 lands. Because I’d like more like a 7 turn game, or preferably 6, I won’t ever really pull more than 5 outside a mana flood). So, I think it’s kind of silly to play demonfire for four. I like demonfire in decks with mana acceleration or control decks, but this is raw burn.

And yeah, usually people don’t post on all these old articles... they are old news.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:51 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’m just kidding, I didn’t think you’d have done that. I finally got around to understanding your way of thinking, and I’ve been learning quite a few tricks here and there, so yep, it’s stupid to use it in this build. And I’m also not sure if Surging Flame will work, either.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest