LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
taipan
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:40 pm
Hi, I’m trying (keep this word in mind) to make a Knight deck a little different, more based on wounds.
My other knight deck is like all others, and I’m trying (remember?) do somenthing new (at least to me)

Companions:

Frodo, Protected by Many
The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles

1x Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon (S)
1x Turgon, Man of Belfalas (S)
1x Boromir, hero of Osgiliath
1x Elendil, High-king of Gondor
1x Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth
1x Pippin, Guard of Minas Tirith

Conditions:

4x Fourth Level
4x Fifth Level
1x Sixth Level
1x Rally Point
1x Garrison of Osgiliath
1x Hardy Garrison
2x Heirs of Gondor

Possessions:

1x Brego, Loyal Steed
2x Banner of Westernesse
2x Gondor Bow
1x Sting Weapon of Heritage
1x Phial of Galadriel, The Light of Earendil

Events:

2x Men of Numenor
2x Every little is a Gain
2x Great Gate
2x Guarded City

Basically the difference is Pippin and the events. I use Pippin/hardy Garrison, Imharil with Great Gate and Fifth level with Turgon and Every little is a Gain on manuver to avoid the minion’s archery and reduce the number (whem possible) of minions that will reach the skirmish phase. I’m was thinking about Gondor Still Stands and Catapult, but I don’t have room.

Please review, and tell me what do you think

thanks,

Very Happy
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:09 pm
Needs more sixth level. Pulling fourth and fifth levels will be essential here. Add two more Gondor Bow, they should be one of your main wounding engines. I like the banner of westernese splash. Looks like a pretty good deck.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
taipan
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:04 pm
I thinking about add 1 Sixth Level (only have one more) and take off Rally Point.
Maybe I use ths deck with a mix of Uruks (old and new culture) beatdown.
I use only 2 bows, cause I only have two Embarassed
Cycles well too and have good healing.
TheShyzle
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:03 pm
The tough thing about running a maneuver event knight deck is that all your fortifications transfer in the skirmish phase. So you have to move twice for those cards to even work. Most knight decks can wipe the table in the skirmish phase but that is with the gondor bow fourth level combo. I think the deck needs a little help but if you don’t have the cards it’s not much help is it? PM me your address and I will send you a Gondor Bow or 2 if I have 2 to spare for free. Also where is Aragorn the knight and gondorian steed. They work well in here. Anyways PM me.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
taipan
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:44 am
TheShyzle wrote:
The tough thing about running a maneuver event knight deck is that all your fortifications transfer in the skirmish phase. So you have to move twice for those cards to even work. Most knight decks can wipe the table in the skirmish phase but that is with the gondor bow fourth level combo. I think the deck needs a little help but if you don’t have the cards it’s not much help is it? PM me your address and I will send you a Gondor Bow or 2 if I have 2 to spare for free. Also where is Aragorn the knight and gondorian steed. They work well in here. Anyways PM me.

I can transfer fifth level in the manuver phase and then use those events and Turgon if I need.
I thought to put Aragorn and Ring of Barahir for more healing but as I said I’m trying to change a little my old Knight deck.
Ah, and about the gondorian steed, I just don’t have room.

Thanks!!! Laughing
Pegasus
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:06 pm
I think there are very few companions here.
What about starting with Denethor Lord of Minas tirith just to take key cards you need and then kill him?
taipan
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:07 am
Pegasus wrote:
I think there are very few companions here.
What about starting with Denethor Lord of Minas tirith just to take key cards you need and then kill him?

I was playing with a little diferent knight deck with Denethor, Lord of Minas tirith and Ingold in starting fellowship, very helpfull to set freeps side on the table, but I was getting tired with my focus and I started to looking for new things to do with knights.
Pegasus
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:05 am
Ok good point.
However, perhaps you have problems to put the three knights early in the game...I think iyou have to put more companions or more copies of your companions
taipan
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:51 am
I don’t use this deck yet but maybe you’re right about my companions. Maybe I’ll put one Aragorn knight with ring of Barahir.
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:26 pm
Those Elendil, High king of gondors,are really hard to find.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded