LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:28 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yes, you can.
I don't like YOU.
alehaak
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:38 am
Felipe, what do u think about remove companions ?

if i remove Aegnor the ability of aragorn will help me... but this deck dont deppends of aegnor to survive... and will give less shadows...

shadow between will help a lot !

obs: sorry for the bad english =/
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:53 am
I’d stick with 5 companions, at most, due to the large number of "rule of 5" hate. Just picture if, after about 3 sites of heavy exerting and discarding for archery, your opponent slaps down Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul, which he uses as a splash in his Swarms deck. What’ll happen to your fellowship then? Greenleaf and Aragorn will most likely be dead, and you’ll have a bunch of dead cards in your deck.
I don't like YOU.
alehaak
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:26 pm
then what i have to do!? :S
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:33 pm
As I said, just try to keep it under 6 companions. You CAN have 2-3 "generic" elves, since you’ll have Galadriel, Arwen, Legolas and Aragorn out, you could use a fifth companion and have replacements for it, should you need to kill one. If you have threat removal, you could use the new Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow, and still use Gondor Bowmen for some archery with Aragorn. If not, you could use Aragorn’s Bow, and use a Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith (which heals itself at no cost with Aragorn, Heir to the White City) to use Gondor Bowmen, and loose "replacement" companions. The rest should be Conditions, Possessions and Events.
I don't like YOU.
alehaak
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:15 pm
like elf lvr said i can put Into The West to remove threats... is this the only elvish card that remove threats?! =/

and i WILL use Gil-Galad... he is very stronger and will be hard to kill him Razz ill use some copies of him ! ^^

question: can i use 2 diferent tales at same time?
and 2 tales that arent unique ?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:22 pm
Yes, Tales refer to in-game terms, like "search your draw deck for an Elven Tale...", etc. What count is the card’s name. So, you can use as many different tales as you want, and even multiple copies of the smae one, unless it’s unique. However, keep in mind that Tales like The Last Alliance of Elves and Man have limits (1 per bearer, etc). If you want to use another companion, like Gil-Galad, unless he’s CRUCIAL to your strategy, it’s no use packing multiple copies. One is enough. You should concentrate on other companions that can shoot some arrows and be sacrificed, until Gil-Galad hits the board.
I don't like YOU.
alehaak
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:44 pm
hmm

im this case ill use only 1 copy of gil-galad and put how much copies of greenleaf? 4?! he is CRUCIAL A LOT for my strategy ;p

2 or 3 copies of Aragorn cuz ill use the gondor bow...
1 copy of galadriel
2 copies of arwen? or just 1 ?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:26 pm
You see, you use multiple copies of important companions because you have to draw them. Legolas and Arwen are bot in your starting Fellowship, and Galadriel is your Ring-bearer, so you won’t need to draw them. 1 copy is enough. Aragorn SHOULD be used in a larger number, but The Prancing Pony lets you get him at site 1, 3 tops (if you go second), so you only need 1, also. THEN you start considering other companions and quantities.
I don't like YOU.
alehaak
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:39 pm
but i can use a copy to heal the companion that is already in the game?

or is this stupid?!

if i do wat u said... my companions will be:

1 greenleaf
1 galadriel
1 arwen
1 Aragorn
2 gil-galad

will i use Aegnor to be an "sponge" ? but in this case ill use 6 companions...
i dunno what to do! =/

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded