LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:21 pm
Solo Galadriel... can it be done? Is Galadriel a powerful force on her own?

I’m just searching for ideas for a new Freeps side, and a Solo Galadriel deck sounded interesting. Mr. Green

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
taipan
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:30 pm
I love Galadriel, she’s one of the best freeps card, almost any version. But I don’t think that is possible, without elves comp. she’s easilly corrupted.
But you should try. Do you alread have somenthing in mind?
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:35 pm
I did try to do a Gandalf solo once and it failed miserably. I did however kind of do a Gimli solo and an Isildur solo. I can get you the main basis of thsoe decks if you want. Out of the two of those Gimli was the stronger. I hope I helped a bit.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you could maybe use a Pippin HOSI engine with her but then that wouldn’t be solo.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
taipan
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:13 pm
Songs of the Blessed Realm and Elf-song for sure, but what else? Even if you put 4 copies of those cards, there’s no garanties...
Maybe Phial of Galadriel Confused from FOTR block.
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:25 pm
I’m not sure if thats possible, it would take a ton of skirmish events though! Very Happy
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Corruption, with a 6 Resistance RB, would be a pain. The upside of Solo Galadriel, however, is that she doesn’t have a "start of skirmish" trigger. With all the other ARBs that have these triggers (except Boromir, Bearer of Council), you’re forced to add burdens in a Solo situation.

Solo Smeagol is really the best suited towards a Solo deck, because he’s able to choke, wound, and win skirmishes all on his own. But a Solo Galadriel deck...that would be cool.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:22 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if you had phial and RoR and could choke your resistance should be fine constant archery could hurt.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
taipan
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:54 am
Against archery you could use 4x Hosts of the Last Alliance. Maybe you could put an bow on her, fill with archery events, choke and see what’s happen. Very Happy
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:39 pm
I think she is really quite weak, and if you are using her as a solo companion, her resistance would be very low, because you would not have any other elves to boost her resistance!!

Great idea though.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion