LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Shadows
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:05 pm
--- description ---
Props to Gate Troll for the original idea in the articles,this is my variation.
--- end description ---

Shadow:32

Minions:
4x Mordor Veteran
4x Mordor Regular
4x Mordor Trooper
4x Mordor Soldier
2x Army of Udun
1x Gollum, Vile Creature
Events:
4x Captured by the Ring
Conditions:
4x Fires Raged Unchecked
2x Rally the Host
2x Legions of Morgul
1x Fat One Wants It

Strategy:
Use gollum and the mordor regular to add threats. play a few orcs,then use the soldiers, troopers and veterans to boost my orcs. fires raged unchecked makes my orcs big.

rally the host recycles things, usually army of udun, which is a great utility minion. legions of morgul is for emergency threat adding, and fat one wants it / captured by the ring are for extra threats.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:17 pm
If you’re using Gollum, use plotting instead of legions, it’s only two more twilight, and could (potentially) add a ton of threats. Load up on threats with your minions, then drop a bomb of threat-removal minions, next site, drop plotting and another bomb. Just how I would play it, though. Why no breached? It is fun in a deck like this. Again, though, just the way I would play it.

Looks like a solid deck. It would be good to throw in some Final Strike for IB defense.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Shadows
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 pm
Wasn’t sure if breached was worth it, as I don’t often have 4 threats left by regroup, and to be honest those four threats are better used on overwhelming someone, or bringing things back with rally the host.

I’ll drop the two legions of morgul for 2 plotting though.

how does it look apart from that?
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:12 pm
Very good. Cool Looks like a pretty solid and balanced deck.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
orian
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:20 am
difficult... not enough minions to kill effectively when there are no threats left. but should be solid enough to slow down a lot of fellowships
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
Shadows
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:21 pm
It’s not really supposed to make a shadow kill, it uses the threats to kill as many companions as possible and make them stop.

It’s paired with a noble leaders token fellowship, which can run easily, so a shadow kill isn’t necessary.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:08 am
Do you usually overwhelm companions to trigger the threats?

Looks like an interesting deck.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Shadows
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:24 am
Well yeah it uses the threats to overwhelm companions, so it generally doesn’t have any left to trigger, but either way it aims to kill companions off slowly, and bring them to a stop.
orian
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:05 am
there is something that doesn’t seem logical to me so I will give my 2 cents on it and maybe you will show me why I am wrong

I see here a deck that uses threats to overwhelm comps
so when the first skirmish is over , you have killed one companion and there are no threats left

so logically all your other minions will lose, and against a lot of decks will be killed (overwhelmed themselves, damages +x...)

so you have made one death and you have 0 threats and 1 minion or maybe 2 or 3 out ... and you don’t have any drawing capacity to be a real danger when you draw to replace your cards.

doesn’t seem to me that it is the way you make your opponent stop

in my opinion, to pair a running fellowship, you want to use a shadow side which leaves minions out every turn even if they are not able to kill any companions, that is what I would call a stopping strategy
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard