LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Beyo
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:30 pm
I want to ask about precedense of the action.
Let’s assume we have situation: there are some treaths and and exerted companions..my Nazgul ends its skirmish phase and it overhelm companion.
i have Mind And Body on my hand and play it as a response.
So..what next?
what is priority: threat wounding or response wounding. It is important because you may win a game with such maneuver.
Time in the universe may be eternal..our patience is not
taipan
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:35 pm
Mandatory always came first. I think since threat wounds is mandatory, you must put those threats wound first.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:59 pm
You are correct in saying that Taipan. Even when Ninja Gollum was heavy the threats had to trigger before you could use You’re a liar and a thief to kill other companions
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:24 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Think about it this way, to make it easier:
The very, very, very same moment a companion dies, BAM, threat-bomb explodes! So, the Free Peoples player has to wound a bunch of people. It happens just like that, at light-speed, you can’t even think in-between.
THEN, time pace returns to normal, and you can respond to having won the skirmish, either with Response events, or with "each time this minion wins a skirmish" abilities, or such.
Easier?
I don't like YOU.
corvus
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:33 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
And one more thing: threat wounds, and the wound from losing the skirmish are both mandatory, so the fpp chooses himself in what order those 2 are primarily done, and then both players proceed to optional actions (like mind and body or sudden fury) consecutively performing each his own.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:54 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Felipe Musco wrote:
Think about it this way, to make it easier:
The very, very, very same moment a companion dies, BAM, threat-bomb explodes! So, the Free Peoples player has to wound a bunch of people. It happens just like that, at light-speed, you can’t even think in-between.
THEN, time pace returns to normal, and you can respond to having won the skirmish, either with Response events, or with "each time this minion wins a skirmish" abilities, or such.
Easier?

Not completely accurate, though, because the threat wounds are placed one at a time, just like all wounds. This becomes important when dealing with Promise Keeping. You get to exert when those threat wounds trigger.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:01 pm
Right, forgot to mention that, thanks, CG! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:22 pm
So if I’ve got it right, it goes like this:

1. Companion loses a skirmish, place wounds and overwhelm companions.
2. Immediate Effects (threat wounds)
3. Skirmish resolution abilities (Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs).
4. Each time actions
5. Response Actions

Is that all right? I had to guess on some.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
corvus
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:52 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
wrong.
1 is a mandatory action
2 as well
3,4 and 5 depend on the wording. Optional actions are usually recognised by the word "may".

Mandatory action happen fist in an order defined by the fpp.

THEN optional actions happen in action taking order (just like maneuver or archery). The fpp activates one, then the shadow player, then the fpp and so on.

Elf lvr, if your raider minion wins a skirmish and you got southron assassin and howl of harad, (multiple sudden fury in to widen the example) here is what happens:

-wound of the skirmish
-maybe threat activation

-activation of one sudden fury

-southron assassin
-howl of harad ( one of those two activated by the fpp)

and the last 2 steps carry on until you run of su. furies as a fpp or twilight as the shadow player.

The only difference between each time and response actions, is that the first only activates once, while the latter multiple times as long as you can pay the cost (just like howl of harad before the erratum)

Hope that helped...
Last edited by corvus on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in totalClick here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:01 pm
Sorry, corvus, but I see you insist on what I think is a void argument. Yeah, skirmish wounds are mandatory, and yeah, threat wounds are mandatory, but YOU CANNOT PLACE THREAT WOUNDS UNLESS SOMEONE DIES, and since skirmishes ARE resolved ONE AT A TIME, it DOES happen like this:
1- Place wounds/overwhelm in a skirmish
2- If the companion died, place threat wounds
3- Move to another skirmish
Or am I terribly mistaken?
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions