LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Red-Alert2
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:57 am
Hey,

Just thought I’d post a deck that I made, and enter it in the contest, cool thing you have going here Conor! Smile

I’ve been play testing what I call my "Crazy Ninja Shelob Deck" (8 legs trumps only 4 human ninjas appendages) and it just hasn’t been working well so I thought I’d hone it down some and have been testing it without the Shelob and Gollum Combo. I’m kinda sad to be departing from my old Strat. but this is just a slight variation. But here it is in all its Corrupting Glory:

Shadow (35):

Minions (22):

Enquea, TotO x4
Attea, Wraith on WIngs x2
Attea, Second of the Nine Riders x2
Cantea, Black Assassin x2
Cantea, TotO x2
Toldea, TotO x1
Toldea, Black Shadow x2
Entrapping Orc x4
Mouth of Sauron, LoBD x2
Morgul Vanguard x2

Conditions/Events (and an Artifact) (12):

Between Nazgul and it’s food x4
Sense of Obligation x4
Out of Sight and Shot x1
Drawn to its Power x2
Ithil Stone x1

There you have it, it’s pretty much your average Sense of Obligation deck, of course I never based it off of anybody elses Deck. So it’s sort of Original.
Basiclly what it does is Work with the Senses, one or more minions that can asign themselves (which is easy cause almost every minion in this deck has an assignment action), if the opponnt has lots of Companions you could risk playing all 4 Senses and with BNaP+Enquea+4 Senses out you could add 6 burdens in one site. And that’s with only one minion. It works fairly well, it’s most obvious weaknesses would have to be Condition removal, Elves, and Ring bound based decks. Although even without the SoO’s out it still does a good job of adding burdens with just Minion cards. It’s not perfect, but every deck has its weaknesses, and even though in my meta this deck doesn’t work out so well (A lot of decks are teched specifically against Nazgul) it’s still quite fun to play. Not many people I’ve played with knowhow Sense of Obligation works so it’s kinda funny to see their faces when reading the card and being shown how I can assign minions and add lots of burdens. Twisted Evil Smile

~R-A2~
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:06 am
Cool, thanks for the deck Red-Alert! (I moved it into its own post so that others can see it more easily.) I personally don't have any experience with the Sense of Obligation deck, but from the number of Senses people are buying I know it must be pretty powerful. Smile

Since you mentioned the Gollum/Shelob deck as well, you might be interested in the Ninja Gollum shadow side I posted a couple days ago. You have to dedicate the whole deck to the combo for it to be reliable, but it's worked pretty well for me.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
dexterngo
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:29 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
This shadow deck is a Negative Play Experience in Exanded Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

i'm speaking from experience
Do or do not, there is no try
Red-Alert2
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:27 am
Cobra wrote:
Cool, thanks for the deck Red-Alert! (I moved it into its own post so that others can see it more easily.) I personally don't have any experience with the Sense of Obligation deck, but from the number of Senses people are buying I know it must be pretty powerful. Smile

Since you mentioned the Gollum/Shelob deck as well, you might be interested in the Ninja Gollum shadow side I posted a couple days ago. You have to dedicate the whole deck to the combo for it to be reliable, but it's worked pretty well for me.

Thank you, lol yeah you're where I got my Senses from, so it's poetic justice (in a good sense) that I posted it here! Smile
Hmm, I've always wanted to make a dedicated Ninja Gollum deck, I'll check it out! My previous build had Gollum Stinkers, and Shelob her Ladyships to help with the non-assigning of the Bearer of the Sense. Course it was kinda expensive, and it didn't always work. Razz

Quote:
This shadow deck is a Negative Play Experience in Exanded

i'm speaking from experience

LOL, what did the Expanded one you played against look like? Did it have Morgul Gates and stuff? Razz Luckily this one is Standard so you don't have to worry too much here fella'. Smile

~R-A2~

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard