LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
michael knight
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:55 am
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Fellowship

Frodo, Resolute Hobbit w/ Answer to all Riddles
Sam, Great Elf Warrior (starting)
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (starting)
Merry, Swordthain (starting)
Smeagol, Always Helps (starting)
1 Salt From the Shire
2 Sting, Weapon of Heritage
4 Hobbit Sword
1 Bilbo, Aged Ring-Bearer
1 Frodo Gamgee
1 Daddy Twofoot
1 The Gaffer, Master Gardener
4 Shadowplay
4 Birthday Present
3 Sudden Fury
4 Home and Hearth
4 DOn’t Look at them
3 Unheeded
1 9 Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom
2 One good turn deserves another

Shadow

2 Tyrannical Uruk
3 Uruk Zealot
3 Suppressing Uruk
4 Intimidating Uruk
4 Invincible Uruk
4 Squad of Uruk-Hai
4 Overpowering Uruk
3 Orc Skulker
4 Our Foes are Weak
4 Isengard Sword
3 Shingle in a Storm
3 Broken in Defeat

Sites

Coutryard Parapet (0)
Emyn Muil (0)
Hill of Sight (1)
Neekerbreeker’s Bog (1)
Hobbiton Market (2)
Westemnent Village (2)
Green Dragon Inn (3)
The Prancing Pony (3)
Valley of the Siverlode(3)

Strategy

Fellowship

You should only fight the minions that you want to fight. Birthday Present to get back 3 Unheeded and 1 one fingered frodo each turn. Use shadow play and unheeded to kill the important minions as they are played. be sure to exert Frodo for shadowplay and the unbounds for unheeded. When you transfer Daddy 2foot get another unheeded if you need it. Use smeagol’s assigment action and that unheeded to kill another minion if needed, then you can still use his assignment action again and kill yet another minion with Dont lookat them. You can kill 4 minion before the skirmishes start, and then one with DOn’t look at them. You should pull Bilbo quickly with Green Dragon, because you want to be able to keep merry and pippin from fighting. If they do need to fight you might be in trouble. Normally you will survive though. Nex tturn, which should be a dwelling thanks to One good turn, replay your two hobbits to heal the Ringbearer and remove any burdens. This fellowship can rearely run, so you will want to bid high and go first, since you will control the sitepath anyway with One Good Turn.

Shadow

Resistance Uruks. With a twist. Look at broken in Defeat and Orc Skulker. Now that is crowd control! Instantly overwhelm any companion in a big fellowship...except that stupid no skirmish Faramir!!! Everything else should be stright forward. Kill a companion, then later drop Supressing Uruk and Uruk Zealot in the same turn. Maybe you can drop another Urul or two if you can get the twilight. Actually, you will find that many times people will get frustrated with the fellowship and will run when they shouldn’t run because they don’t think they can get to the fellowship. When that happens, you need to be ready to put them down.
One Man Can Make A Difference
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:36 pm
How do you plan to keep Bilbo alive through skirmish.If he dies all burdens from Birthday Present and Followers,and One good turn will corrupt you,or you won’t use them.
Hazael
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:00 pm
He does not need to worry about corruption LOL

Bilbo, home and hearths will have no problem handling it.
especially with merry and pippin.
...but i dont see any Rohan possesions or any way of making minions roaming.

I just dont think that your fellowship would be able to handle most minion cultures. It doesnt seem to have enough wounding or strength abilities.
I think you might need to exchange some burden removal cards for some more pumps.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
michael knight
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:58 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
There are no Rohan posession or any way to make minions roaming. Thier abilities are simply to get them back into hand to replay them next turn to trigger home and hearth. I do all right against minions. Lurker swarm has trouble because I just kill the Rallying Orc as soon as it lands and that stops the demoralized from going off. I can kill 4 minions before I even have to skirmish. Smeagol can shoot one with dont look at them, and then whatever is left can be dealt with via followers and sudden fury. If Bilbo dies then he dies. He is good times, but it isn’t a huge issue if he bites it. Besides, if Frodo dies I make Sam the ringbearer...dosen’t that mean I win? (j/k)
After all, Sam not only saved Frodo, but he also saved Jack Bauer!!
To be honest, the main problem I have had is I can’t draw enough shadow and I get ran all over. Since the fellowship really dosent run much, one double move can make or break the game.
One Man Can Make A Difference
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:24 pm
Then try with Narrow Escape.
In fact I would drop 1 Sting, 1 Hobbit sword 1 for Narrow Escape and Phial of Galadriel,Light of Earendil for muster.You could even put Safe Passage in for some choke and leave one Fury out.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard