LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
michael knight
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Fellowship

Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets w/ RIng of Rings
Faramir, Captain of Gondor (starting)
Ranger of Ithilien (starting)

4 There’s Another Way
2 Still Far Ahead
4 Not Listening
4 Where Shall We go
1 One Good Turn Deserves Another
2 Follow Smeagol
4 Nasty
4 DOn’t Look at them
4 Poor Wretch
4 Naked Waste
1 Clever Hobbits
1 Secret Paths
3 Defend it and Hope
4 Hardy Garrison
1 Heavy Chain

Shadow

4 Orc Spear
4 Retribution
4 Spurred to Battle
4 Goblin Hordes
4 Scurrying Goblin
3 Orkish Smith
4 Scavenging Goblins
4 Orc Miscreant
3 Frenzied Orc
1 Orc Artisan
3 Mocking Goblin
2 Champion Orc
4 Beastly Olog Hai

Strategy

Fellowship

Use Faramir and the Ranger to protect Smeagol until het gets set up, then kill them off if needed. Make sure that you get Hardy Garrison down first. Once you get set up you want to limit the pool as much as possible. Smeagol has plenty of tricks to deal with the few minion he should face. Smeagol will get huge, so he should be able to win many skirmishes. Any minions he can’t beat outright can usually be wounded to death. Hardy garrison gives you a free wound each turn, because you will normally pe tossing cards to either don’t look at them or where shall we go. Safe Paths is in here to take the lead on the sitepath once you get things rolling. A timely triple move can put the game away. You have to play this before you lose faramir or the ranger, because you have to add two threats to play it.

Shadow

Use retribution and Orc Spear to add burdens. Orc Miscreant is good times, and frenzied orc helps him win so that you get extra burdens in the regroup. You are going for corruption, but if you have the chance to swarm that works as well. Nothing too fancy here, just get those burdens on faster than they can remove them.
One Man Can Make A Difference
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:02 am
Decent deck. I would point out that you may want to make you deck a little smaller. You’re going to have trouble putting in all those key cards before Smeagol winds up getting killed. Huge deck, but a great overall strategy. Smile
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
michael knight
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:57 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
I do think it is a little on large side, but it plays well for being that big. I could probably drop 7 cards or so per side, but I haven’t looked at it in a while before I posted it. Cutting 7 per side would make it is the mid 70’s, which isn’t too terrible.
One Man Can Make A Difference

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard