LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
menace64
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:40 am
Okay, so I got a few boxes today for Christmas, and those were the first LotR cards for me in a long time (over a year). So, to celebrate, I built a deck.

I wanted to do something "new", so I went with damage Dwarves and some kind of [Orc] possession deck. I’m not sure how effective it is yet, but I think it should be all right. It’s kind of on the big side (41 cards per side); after some games that number should sink a bit.

I went with expanded because I don’t believe in casual rotation.

Frodo, Courteous Halfling
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles (my favorite ring - this will not change)
Gimli, Counter of Foes
Uri, Dwarven Lord

**Note that I do not have any other Reflections dwarves (else I’d be running them), so for now that start is the best I can do**

Abandoned Mine Shaft
Barazinbar
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Chamber of Mazarbul
Helm’s Gate
Moria Guardroom
Pinnacle of Zirakzigil
Slopes of Orodruin
Starkhorn

Free Peoples (39+2)

Companions (6)
Thrarin, Smith of Erebor x3
Dwarven Warrior x3

Conditions (14)
Aggression x3
Dwarven Embassy x4
Endurance of Dwarves x4
Proud and Able x3

Events (7)
Axe Strike x3
Honed x4

Possessions (12)
Dwarven Axe x4
Dwarven Bracers x3
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Vicious Weapon
Hand Axe x4

Shadow (41)

Minions (24)
The Balrog, Terror of Flame and Shadow x2
Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace x3
Goblin Aggressor x4
Isengard Underling x4
Mordor Aggressor x3
Orc Tormentor x4
Scavenging Goblins x4

**The Balrogs are there because I didn’t really have anything else I felt like I needed to add. Plus they can’t hurt having available.**

Conditions (6)
Great Cost x2
Retribution x4

Events (3)
Armed for Battle x3

Possessions (8)
Mordor Scimitar x4
Orc Spear x4

Whatcha think?
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i think you can only have one aggression in expanded. with gimli i would try to get the vitality dwarven ring to boost him up and wound him up. if you want damage you could use axe of khazad-dum. I think you should cut obviously 2 aggression since you can only have one and with your minion side ID particularily get it is it corruption with retribution? if so more trolls, if not IDK what to do with it you could cut th balrogs and it would be a 39/39
wait GD,GH could be a good way to exert gimli maybe.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:36 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
I agree with sickofplantirs to add a vatilaty adding ring and for wounds put in a Baruk Khazad to get wounds for gimli also Battle Fury could make things intresting as well as Disquiet of Our People
NBarden
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:06 pm
My first post!

Anyway, I really like the Dwarves, and Dwarves are definitely the way to go, but I felt that the deck was missing a few things. Like a choke strategy. Sorry, but Dwarves are geared towards choking the twilight pool, and I don’t think this deck does that.

The use of Thrarin is great, but if you want a good damage deck, you need to include several copies each of Lord of Moria and Battle in Earnest. You also must get the Ring of Fury. Also, you need more possessions. The Book of Mazarbul, Dwarven Armor, and Arod, Rohirrim Steed will all add to Thrarin’s damage bonus.

I noticed your comment that you don’t have many reflections Dwarves. Your top priority should be getting a hold of Durin III. He is the best dwarf period. The Gimli Ring-Bearer (Gimli, Bearer of Grudges) allows you to get him in the starting fellowship with Uri.

The Answer to All Riddles is an awesome ring, but if you do switch the ring-bearer to Gimli, Bearer of Grudges, you would have to get the One Ring, The Ring of Rings.

As for shadow, the use of the Balrog is awesome! Get him the Whip of Many Thongs, Weapon of Flame and Shadow, and Final Cry, and he’ll be a killer! His sword would be handy to. A fierce, damage + 3 strength 21 Balrog that wounds a companion he is skirmishing twice at the end of a skirmish would be pretty nasty. (Unless you played against my friend’s Gondor Knight/Fortification deck Razz.) Also, a few copies of Fill with Fear would slaughter an elf archery deck.

Anyway, great deck! Keep working on it!

NBarden

P.S. My primary deck is a Dwarf choke deck.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded