LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Shadows
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:41 am
--- description ---
An attempt at making a standard format Shelob, Eater of Light deck...
--- end description ---

Shelob, Eater of Light is a really cool minion, and since very few fellowships now have possesion removal, I thought she would be a very powerful minion now....

Shadow:

Total:34

Minions:
4x Shelob, Eater of Light
4x Orkish Worker
4x Black Land Commander
4x Black Land Overlord
2x Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Possesions:
4x Web
2x Larder
Events:
3x Captured by the Ring
2x Sweeter Meats
2x Led Astray
Conditions:
1x Unabated in Malice
1x Incited
1x Fat one wants it

I decided to use the black land Commander as they have more than one vitality, and can hopefully get the strength up to survive against bigger companions.

The black land overlord is a nice big, cheap orc and can remove the threats gollum adds to further hurt the fellowship.

The orkish worker is good, as he has three vitality and can add twilight to make shelob cheaper, or get more orcs out.

Gollum adds threats and can exert the ring-bearer. he also lets me use led astray which means I can bugger any fellowship thats relying on the site, and also means I can get Shelob cheaper.

Shelob is just nasty once you have a few Orcs stacked on a web. Incited is a beauty once Shelob is winning as it means you can grab whatever Gollum culture card you might need.

If you play lots of IB decks it might be worth adding in a couple copies of final strike.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:31 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
my opinion,
this deck looks solid, though i think to make ti so shelob kills even if she doesn’t overwhelm, add in a couple Hidden Even From Her.
otherwise cool deck Cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:43 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
How does Hidden Even From Her help? You don’t want Gollum to be fierce. Not Yet Vanquished, on the other hand...

You should use Gollum, Skulker instead of Gollum, Dark as Darkness, because Skulker is a lurker, so Shelob gets to skirmish before him. This means you have a better chance of using Incited if Gollum’s about to get creamed in his skirmish.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Shadows
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:42 pm
Thanks, I had forgotten about that Gollum. I might play one of each, as Dark as Darkness’ twilight adding ability can help (removing the burdens hobbits add to play followers should help counter their choke.)
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:29 pm
you should maybe add a shelob her ladyship
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
How does Hidden Even From Her help? You don’t want Gollum to be fierce. Not Yet Vanquished, on the other hand...

oops sorry wrong card I meant Let Her Deal With Them. H13 the deck is based on Shelob eater of light. why would you add another one?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard