LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:19 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
3•Anduril, Borne Through Shadows Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Vitality: +1
Resistance: -1
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to transfer a Gondor follower to him; you do not have to pay that follower’s Aid cost.
18 R 58

2 Oaths to Fulfill Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, if you cannot spot a minion, discard this condition and each wraith you can spot.
Each companion bearing a Gondor follower is strength +1 and resistance -1.
18 R 59

1•Coming With You Gondor
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn is strength +1.
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn is damage +1.
18 U 60

1 The Dead Follow Gondor
Event • Fellowship
Spot 3 Gondor Men (or exert Aragorn and add two threats) to play a Gondor follower from your draw deck.
18 U 61

2 Dunadan of the North Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 9
While bearing a Gondor follower, this companion gains Captain 2.
18 C 62

1 Pale Spectre Gondor
Follower
Strength: +1
Wraith. Aid-add a threat.
When you transfer this follower to a companion, except a Gondor companion, exert bearer and add a threat.
18 C 63

1 Tide of Grey Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +2 (or +4 if that companion bears a Gondor follower.
18 C 64
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
menace64
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:29 pm
All of those cards are awesome!

Just one thing I’d change: Make The Dead Follow only exert Aragorn once (but still add a threat).
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:35 pm
Well...the reason I made it exert him twice, is because otherwise it’s just a practical copy of The Stone of Erech, Assembling-Place. Should I make it exert him once and add two threats?

And should Gondor be my other Freeps starter culture?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:10 pm
Sorry I’m new and i had one comment on this card from the last page

Quote:

2•Legolas, Companion of Aragorn
Follower
Resistance: +1
Aid-3.
While bearer is Aragorn, bearer is strength +1.
At the start of the skirmish phase, you may exert bearer and spot a Gondor wraith to exert a minion skirmshing bearer.
18 R 27

Maybe:

2•Legolas, Companion of Aragorn
Follower
Resistance: +1
Aid-3.
Each time Legolas is transfered to a companion besides Aragorn, exert bearer. Bearer is strength -1
Bearer is an archer
At the start of the skirmish phase, you may exert bearer and spot a Gondor wraith to exert a minion skirmshing bearer.
18 R 27

In other words, add an exert as the aid cost to a companion besides Aragorn and cause the companion to lose the strength bonus Legolas gives. And make bearer an archer. The elven followers do that right now. Besides, what’s Legolas without archery?
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:27 pm
okay, now for Gondor.

Quote:

3•Anduril, Borne Through Shadows
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to transfer a Gondor follower to him; you do not have to pay that follower’s Aid cost.
18 R 58

Resistance -1? Get rid of that.
Also, why does it have to be a Gondor follower? What about Legolas? I think it should be any follower.

Quote:
2 Oaths to Fulfill Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, if you cannot spot a minion, discard this condition and each wraith you can spot.
Each companion bearing a Gondor follower is strength +1 and resistance -1.
18 R 59

Each Wraith? Sorry, but my brother runs an army of the dead fellowship, and I guarantee he will hate this card. Maybe Gondor follower? Or Wraith follower? Because if someone runs this in an army of the dead deck, all someone has to do to decimate the fellowship is not play a minion.

Quote:
1•Coming With You
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn is strength +1.
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn is damage +1.
18 U 60

YES!!!! Another three hunters card! I think you should increase the cost to 2 and make Aragorn gain hunter 2.

Quote:

1 The Dead Follow
Event • Fellowship
Spot 3 Gondor Men (or exert Aragorn and add two threats) to play a Gondor follower from your draw deck.
18 U 61

Great! A little bit cheap. Maybe 2 twilight?

Quote:
2 Dunadan of the North
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Resistance: 9
While bearing a Gondor follower, this companion gains Captain 2.
18 C 62

Good. Maybe you can have a follower, like Captain of the Dead, that adds a Captain bonus to Aragorn.

Quote:
1 Pale Spectre
Follower
Wraith. Aid-add a threat.
When you transfer this follower to a companion, except a Gondor companion, exert bearer and add a threat.
18 C 63

I have a few changes I think should be made.

1 Pale Spectre
Follower • Wraith.
Aid-add two threats.
When you transfer this follower to a companion, except a Gondor companion, exert bearer.
Bearer is enduring.
18 C 63

You like the resistance -1 trait a lot. But I think you like it a little to much. And what’s a wraith without enduring?

Quote:
1 Tide of Grey Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +2 (or +4 if that companion bears a Gondor follower.
18 C 64

Great.

-NBarden
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:36 pm
Wow, I forgot about enduring! I think I might be adding that into some of the R wraiths, at least.

Anduril...I want to keep the resistance drawback, because that’s one of my Gondor wraith themes. If you’ve got the Army of the Dead at your beck and call, what’s to stop you from claiming the Ring for yourself? It also deters fellowships from putting Gondor followers on Frodo or the RB. I’m going to keep it Gondor follower, because I really just want it to focus on being able to "summon" wraiths to fight for Aragorn, nothing to do with Legolas or other followers.

Oaths to Fulfill...you’re right, this would decimate an Army of the Dead deck. But my intention was not to make these "new" Army of the Dead followers compatible with the "old" Army of the Dead companions, and this is one example.

Aragorn doesn’t need a Gondor follower to give a Captain bonus...he’s already Captain 3.

Legolas...what’s the difference between a wraith that gives a 0 Strength bonus, and +1 to Aragorn, and one that gives a +1 Strength bonus, but -1 if it’s not Aragorn? The first way is much simpler. I don’t like the idea of adding archery, because it’s "Underdwellers of Arda", and underground archery isn’t very viable. Plus, there’s Legolases out there without archer.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:47 am
yeah, enduring is definitely a big characteristic of the Gondor wraiths. Are you going to do anything with hunter? Or site control? [subliminal](SITE CONTROL RULES!!!!) [//subliminal]
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:27 am
Laughing
Yes, Uruks will probably get site control, and probably Men too. As for hunter... yeah, I’m giving Rohan some of that, along with Uruk-hai and maybe Men and Orc.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:47 am
Very Happy WOO-HOO! You get a gp.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:20 pm
Okay, I’ve decided that Gondor will be the other Free Peoples starter deck culture. So here’s the S-rarity cards!

3•Halbarad, Grey Dunadan Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Resistance: 8
Ranger. Captain 1.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may discard a Gondor card from hand and spot X companions bearing Gondor followers to make Halbarad hunter X.
18 S 65

2 Grey-Robed Ranger Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Resistance: 7
Ranger. Hunter 1.
Each time a companion bearing a Gondor follower wins a skirmish, the first Shadow player must make a minion lose hunter until the regroup phase.
18 S 66

0 Kinsmen to Aragorn Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +2 (or +4 if that companion has Resistance 5 or more).
18 S 67

1 The Grey Company Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion bearing a Gondor follower wins a skirmish, you may spot a ranger and add 3 to remove a threat.
18 S 68

4•Aragorn, Grim Warrior Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Captain 2.
At the start of each of Aragorn’s skirmishes, you may exert him and spot X rangers to make him hunter X until the regroup phase.
18 S 69

1 Arnor Blade Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
If bearer is a Captain, bearer is strength +1.
If bearer is a ranger, bearer is resistance +1.
18 S 70
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards