LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Cleston
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:25 pm
Toasted Lurker Swarm – Standard by Cléston

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
The One Ring, Ring of Rings

ADVENTURE DECK:
0 – Bridge of Khazad-dûm
0 – Fortress of Orthanc
1 – Cavern Entrance
2 – Chamber of Mazarbul
2 – Moria Stairway
2 – Window of the West
3 – Moria Guardroom
3 – Pinacle of Zirikzagil
3 – Trollshaw Forest

FELLOWSHIP: 35
1 x Derufin (START)
1 x Faramir, Son of Denethor
1 x Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
1 x Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith
1 x Elendil, the Tall
1 x Gandalf, Leader of Men (START)
1 x Gandalf, Leader of the Company
1 x Sméagol, Poor Creature (START)

1 x Andúril, Flame of the West
2 x Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
1 x Seeing Stone of Orthanc
1 x Scroll of Isildur
3 x Sapling of the White Tree

2 x Gondorian Blade
1 x Footman’s Armor (TECH!!!!!!!!!)
1 x Glamdring, Foe-Hammer

1 x Last Throw
4 x Saved From the Fire
3 x Traveled Leader
1 x Grown Suddenly Tall

1 x Citadel of the Stars
1 x Houses of Healing
1 x Noble Leaders
1 x Garrison of Osgiliath
1 x Sent Back
1 x Watch and Wait

SHADOW: 35
4 x Goblin Hordes
4 x Demoralized
1 x Great Cost
2 x Cave Troll´s Hammer

4 x Prowling Orc
4 x Orc Skulker
3 x Orc Strategist
3 x Rallying Orc (KEY)
2 x Watchful Orc
1 x Emboldened Orc
2 x Orc Smith
1 x Beastly Olog-Hai
2 x Cave Troll of Moria
1 x Desert Lord
1 x Gollum, Dark as Darkness

Strategy:

the free peoples is pretty tanked. burn a guy to grab´em all. you´ll be able to build your fellowship prewtty fast if you draw a saved at site 1. another at 2 is the best of all worlds! if you don´t draw into one in first hand do the mulligan.

you´ll survive against almost everything that lies around in meta. perhaps you´ll be in a bit of trouble against corruption, but that can be managed and your ring-bearer can take 11 burdens, while you can have 3 burden-removal companions.

try top avoid killing your own guys before geting everything set up. if you burn them right, you´ll have the following situation concerning companions:

- start 4 (gandalf, derufin, sméagol and of course isildur)
- burn derufin, grab aragorn, faramir and denethor (6 companions, 1 in dead pile)
- burn gandalf to grab another gandalf and sent back (6 companions, 2 in dead pile)
- burn denethor to get elendil or whatever is missing (6 companions, 3 in dead pile)
- as sméagol is just a chump blocker, you´ll find yourself with a tank fellowship consisting of 5 companions.

of course this is the ideal world, but when it does get to the table before site 4 nothing can really stop you.

i´m currently working on a version that plays ranger of ithilien, then you don´t have to burn derufin while playing against corsairs or dunland... Wink try to do a triple from 6 to 9... be it about ast trow or narsil, the very chance of this happening might scare your opponent, but if you can´t quite kill them, do the triple.

don´t forget to manipulate the path, with anduril and traveled leader. this is so key for the shadow to work and to counter forest nazzies.

the whole following of the fellowship isn´t just to run, but also to set up shadow hands. get your conditions early and the shadow speaks for itself! play rallying orc, then a lurker to get a exertion and then get pooooool back to the table. i just love that combo... to finish it off, play the cave troll´s hammer to exaust guys and get lots of killings! remaining pool? prowling orc! i´ve had more than 60 pool left once or twice, and that surely means that the guys who are strong or not wounded will get overwhelmed. if you kill some 3 or 4 guys at once, they won´t survive the second bomb... not to mention there´s always cave troll´s fierce skirmish... isn´t that funny that after resolving all the skirmishes of the plenty of minions in table, people just forget about cave troll´s fierce? is it because he can play for zero often? i really don´t know... Smile

i guess that´s it, this is my favorite deck at the moment. i´m working on version 2.0, but it might wait for bloodlines to arrive offline.

cheers,
Cleston.
- "If I die, your deck will crumble!"
Gandalf (any of them)
Red-Alert2
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:58 pm
Pretty neat deck you have there! I think I'll try it out on Sda if that's ok with you. Smile

-SR
Cleston
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:24 pm
Red-Alert2 wrote:
Pretty neat deck you have there! I think I'll try it out on Sda if that's ok with you. Smile

-SR

feel free dude, just give the credit Laughing

kidding, it can be way better, that´s just the first version of it...

let me know how it turns out in your hands!
- "If I die, your deck will crumble!"
Gandalf (any of them)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard