LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Who designed the best dream Guard(s)?

AnxiousChieftain  
16%
  [ 3 ]  16%

bobtheorc  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

donimator  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

fingolfin  
16%
  [ 3 ]  16%

Gate Troll  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

ingold55  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

macheteman  
11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

menace64  
27%
  [ 5 ]  27%

Mythdracon  
11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

sickofpalantirs  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

thonnas7  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Turin06  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

WitchKingBlkCapt  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
thonnas7
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:21 pm
3 Guard of the Black Fortress Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 4
Fierce.
While this minion is in a fierce skirmish, he is strength +2 and damage +1.
Mythdracon
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:07 pm
4 •Gandalf, Guard of the Red Ring Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength 7
Vitality 4
Resistance 7
When you play Gandalf (except in your starting fellowship), you may remove a burden. While Gandalf has resistance 7 or more, every other companion is resistance +1 and strength +1. When you play a tale or spell, you may exert Gandalf to heal a companion with resistance 11 or more and exert a minion.
’Not until the time came for Mithrandir to depart was it known that he had long guarded the Red Ring of Fire’

(DESIGNER NOTES: When Cirdan gave Narya to Mithrandir, he was aware of Gandalf’s wisdom and trusted he would fulfill his task. Gandalf’s way of warding off evil in Middle Earth would have involved using Narya’s particular powers. In The Silmarillion, Narya is meant to help ’rekindle hearts to the valor of old in a world that grows chill.’ The earlier ages of Middle Earth had generally more pure-hearted personages (i.e. Numenoreans and Elves), so the ’valor of old’ is here taken to mean being harder to corrupt. The tales are a further representation--inspired by the heroism of yore, this Gandalf’s companions will be more determined to defeat evil (and thus better at winning skirmishes). This particular Gandalf works excellently with Sworn Companion, G for Grand, and other resistance-reliant strength boosts. Conceptually, Gandalf exerts himself to ensure that darkness stays away from others, but is aware of his own limits corruption-wise and therefore does not have increased resistance himself. You need go no further than Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation or Too Great and Terrible to see how the designers represented this element from The Fellowship of the Ring book, where Gandalf refuses the Ring. Gameplay wise, however, Gandalf equipped with the actual Narya and his staff is a powerful companion, and can trigger his abilities more often.)

3 Guard of the Golden Wood Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
This companion may not take wounds except during the skirmish phase. Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may wound an Orc minion. Manuever: While this companion is at a river or forest site, you may exert him to make him strength +1 for every minion you can spot until the regroup phase.
’None of the Orcs will ever return out of Lorien. And there will be many Elves hidden on the northern border before another night falls’

(DESIGNER NOTES: Conceptually, this elf is immune to archery wounds since he’s on the tall outposts of the mallorn trees in Lothlorien, and also camoflagued, or ’hidden’. The hatred the Elves bore for the Orcs and their determination to slay them is represented by this companion’s gaining strength for every minion present, and also the wound that is placed when this companion wins a skirmish. Compounded with archery events, this makes for a powerful Elven companion that is well worth the 3 twilight cost.)

3 Guard of the Blue Mountains Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 4
Resistance 5
While at a mountain site, this companion is defender +1 and cannot take wounds except during the skirmish phase. Skirmish: Exert this companion and spot a Dwarven artifact in the discard pile to make another Dwarven companion defender +1 until the regroup phase. If that Dwarven companion is skirmishing an Orc minion, you may exert that Orc.
In the Blue Mountains, Dwarves fiercely defended what was left of the Dwarven riches that had lain there in honor since the First Age.

(DESIGNER NOTES: Dwarves, with their tunnels and stout defense, would not be easily felled when guarding the Blue Mountains, home to Beregost, among other fabled Dwarven cities of old. So this Dwarf guard is defender +1 and immune to archery wounds. The skirmish gametext works particularly well with the Dwarven rings, like Ring of Retribution, that are discarded after using their special skirmish ability. Of course, Dwarves share a rich appreciation and love for their artifacts and possessions, thus the defender +1 is shared with other Dwarves when they notice a precious artifact has had to be sacrificed to fend off invading Orcs. The Dwarves’ constant wars with the Orcs mean that Dwarves rush into battle against Orcs with little hesitation and much ferocity. Thus the Orcs must exert so as to ward off Dwarven wrath without dying instantly.)
Last edited by Mythdracon on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:19 pm; edited 22 times in total
macheteman
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:44 pm
yeah, great idea Cobra. i love it!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Turin has always been one of my favorite characters in LOTR. you can find him in Unfinnished Tales. I tried to make the card reflect his life.

4 • Turin Turumbar, Guard of the Black Sword Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Ranger. Damage +1.
While you can spot 3 Elven companions, Turin turumbar takes no more than 1 wound during each skirmish phase.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This Shelob is to defend against Ithilien Blade decks, and get rid of the pesky +2 twilight cast that often accompanies shelob.

6 • Shelob, Guard of the Black Tunnel Gollum
Minion • Spider
Strength: 8
Vitality: 8
Site Number: 8
Enduring. Fierce.
While you have initiative, (or can spot Gollum) Shelob is not roaming.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to make Hirgon (the gondorian man who brought the red arrow to Rohan) relate closly with the Rohan culture and the red arrow card.

3 • Hirgon, Guard of the Red Arrow Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Resistance: 5
Each time you play a Rohan companion during the assignment phase, heal a Gondor companion and a Rohan companion.
Fellowship: exert Hirgon and a Rohan companion to play The Red Arrow from your draw deck or discard pile.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I thought it would be unique to do a female Guard. so i chose Rosie.

1 • Rosie Cotton, Guard of the Golden Ale Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 2
Resistance: 8
If sam is the Ring-Bearer, he is Resistance +2
Skirmish: exert Rosie Cotton twice to cancel a skirmish involving sam.
If you cannot spot sam, the free-peoples player may not assign Rosie Cotton to a skirmish.

--------------------------------------------------------------
This is a hobbit based off the scouring of the shire.

2 • Guard of the Green Hills Shire
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
Archer.
Guard of the Green Hills is strength +1 for each Hobbit archer you can spot.
Last edited by macheteman on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
ingold55
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:30 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
I also made a guard of the red arrow, but i hadn’t seen Machetman’s card...
Is it ok if i use him, or should i edit it and delete him?

[14] • The Balrog Guard of the Black Abyss Moria
Minion Balrog
Strength 17
Vitality 5
Site 4
Damage +1 Fierce
Maneuver: While at an underground site, exert the Balrog twice, to add a threat for each wounded companion.
Regroup: Remove a threat to make the free peoples player exert a companion. (Limit 3)

3 •Hirgon Guard of the Red Arrow Gondor
Companion man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Defender +1
Discard Guard of the Red Arrow if you can spot more minions than companions.
Fellowship: Exert Guard of the Red Arrow to play a Gondor or Rohan artifact from your draw deck.
Last edited by ingold55 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in totalThere is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Gate Troll
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:00 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
0 •Frodo, Guard of the Golden Ring Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Ringed Resistance: 10
Each time Frodo is assigned
to a skirmish he is Strength +2,
and Defender +1.
"Frodo’s task was to guard the One."
R

3 Guard of the Golden Wood Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Defender +1. Each time this companion wins
a skirmish you may remove a threat.
"Silent guardians stood at the border of the Golden
Wood."
U

6 •Guard of the White Hand Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 10
Site: 5
Damage +1. Defender +1. Each time this
minion is assigned to a skirmish, reinforce a
Uruk-hai culture token. Each time this minion
wins a skirmish he is Fierce. Each time this
minion kills a companion you may take control of
a site. "Strong Uruks guarded Isengard against its
foes."
S

2 •Gimli, Guard of the Rainbow Caves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Resistance: 7
Damage +1. Each time Gimli wins a skirmish he
is Defender +1 and you may draw a card.
"Aye indeed they would pay pure gold for a brief
glance..."
P

4 Guard of the Brown Lands Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 8
Site: 4
Easterling. Fierce. Exert this minion to add
a threat.
"Fierce desert men guarded the eastern encampments."
C
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:14 am
Poll is up! Discussion is welcome.

Authors may make minor edits (aesthetics, typo fixes, wording corrections), but please don’t change the substance of your dream cards or add new cards. This way everyone will have the same voting options.

However, if you have more ideas, by all means post them in another thread. Wink
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
corvus
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:50 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
[12] • The Balrog, Guard of the Black Realm Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site number: 4
Fierce. Damage +1.
To play, spot a Moria minion and 2 moria [conditions].
When you play the balrog, you may reveal your hand. For each Moria orc revealed, discard a free peoples card from hand to draw a card.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sorry corvus but I think it is too late.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Mythdracon
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:32 am
So I guess we have multiple winners? O_o
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
so far your winning.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards