LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
michael knight
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:59 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
First off, the title is based on two thigns. First, the shadow is usually referred to as Ninja Gollum. And on the Fellowship, Bilbo will fight many skirmishes and not be hurt...like a Ninja.

Fellowship

Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Hier W/ Such a Weight to Carry
Sam, Great Elf Warrior (starting)
Bilbo, Aged Ring Bearer (starting)
1 Salt from the Shire
2 Sting Weapon of Heritage
2 Hobbit Sword
3 Bounder
2 Consorting with Wizards
4 Sudden Fury
3 Birthday Present
4 The Shite COuntryside
3 There and back again
2 Cliff of Emyn Muil
1 Tale of the Great Ring
2 Chance Observation
2 PATHS
1 Hope is Kindled
2 Frodo Gamgee
1 Daddy Twofoot

Shadow

2 So Polite
2 We must have it
4 Captured by the Ring
4 You’re a Liar and a Thief
2 Incited
2 fat one wants it
3 Hidden even from her
4 They Stole It
4 Promise Keeping
2 Plotting
2 Web
2 Shelob, Her ladyship
1 Gollum, Stinker
1 Gollum, Mad Thing
1 Gollum, Vile Creature

Sites

Crags of Emyn Muil (0)
East Road (0)
Fortress of Orthanc (0)
Anduin Confluence (1)
Slag Mounds (1)
NeekerBreeker’s Bog (1)
Caras Galadhon (2)
Osgiliath Reclaimed (2)
Westenment Vilage (2)

Strategy

Fellowship

Just stay alive. Use bilbo with consorting and a bounder to fill up sudden fury. Use Frodo’s text to heal a bounder each turn. Let frodo take the beatings. He can get healed up with Shire Countryside and Sam winning with Sting on. The only hobbit who needs to win is Sam. Oddly enough, Frodo is the first hobbit you offer up if you are forced to kill a companion. Protect Sam at all costs. Normally I get frodo up to 8 burdens or so before I let him die. The fellowship is designed to be able to lose cards to the Shadow side and still function.

Shadow

Normal Gollum wounding/exerting/killing. Use Gollum’s tricks to mow down thier fellowship. This isn’t really a wear you down type of deck. It is more of a go off one turn and murder 3 or 4 companions at once. They stole it wounds, promise keeping exerts, they stole it kills, and you’re a liar wounds and exerts again. If there are threats or multiple you’re a liars out there, watch out. Remember that if Gollum kills companion, the threat wounds will trigger promise keeping. There are 3 different variations of Gollum in here, and you have the ability to pick the one that fits the situation. Use Web to stack Shelob in case they are packing a 4 or higher vitality companion. Even Gollum might have an issue killing that. Discard all the fellowship cards you want to They stole it because you can get the events back.

Try to have them go first because you want to go for thier fellowship before they can go after yours. It isn’t worth bidding any burdens for, but if given the choice go second.
One Man Can Make A Difference
Hazael
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:13 pm
Very interesting shadow. Confused
I dont think you will need to worry about going second...
usually you would bet burdens to go first. That would be pretty funny to see two people betting burdens to go second lol.

you have been posting decks like crazy... dont hurt yourself Wink
and give your keyboard a chance to cool down Rolling Eyes
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
michael knight
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:29 pm
The fellowship is good, but it is too difficult to get those burdens off consistently, and so it can get hairly late game. I like to go second because they are one site ahead, which means they have to survive my shadow turn to get to my fellowship.

The first time I ever played this deck, I was playing a guy who had a TON of burden removal. He Bid 5 to go first, add another one for Smeagol. He was running Frodo and Smeagol, slinker and that is all. Smeagol was his main fighter, but Frodo could get big too. I drew up my opening hand and saw Captured by the ring, Hidden even from her, and a we must have it. He played follow smeagol and two poor wretch and went to two, where I dropped Slag Mounds. I captured for Gollum, Stinker and played hidden even from her to make him fierce. Gollum overwhelmed smeagol easily, and then Frodo ended up fighting a 13 strength Gollum. He had one pump, but so did I. I got him at two with a 16 strength Gollum to a 7 strength Frodo. Good times indeed. Then the next round I played Ring bound rangers starting the no skirmish faramir. Talk about justice...
Cobra
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:45 pm
I’d personally go with 4 Shelobs in a Ninja Gollum deck -- she solves a lot of problems (like that no-skirmish-action Faramir). Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Hazael
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:56 pm
Thats the Faramir I use Cool
phazanzar thinks im nutz.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
michael knight
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:30 pm
I used to have 4, but I found that I normally don’t need 4. By the time I can afford to play them I have web out and I just stack the one and replay her over and over. I can always pull her with incited if I have to. The trouble with that game wasn’t that I didn’t draw her, but he also had some other 4 vitality companions like Aragorn and Gandalf and smeagol. I couldn’t keep them all from skirmishing, so I was dealing wounds but not as fast as I needed to to kill people. I did some damage, but by the time I had the 10 twlight to play shelob and Gollum to get past no skirmish Faramir He was moving to 5 and had flooded the pool because of laying 3 companions that turn. DOH! he ran to 6 and once he healed most of the damage up, I was out of luck.
Faramir can wins games on his own if you are playing a skirmish based shadow. He beats Gollum, he beats Enduring Nazgul ( as long as you can pump him. I used him a ton in my Smeagol deck until I started getting swarmed and had to change things up a bit.
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:20 pm
Hazael wrote:
Thats the Faramir I use Cool
phazanzar thinks im nutz.
Faramir, Captain of Gondor ftw Razz
http://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open