LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Faramir's Bow, Ranger's Longbow?

5 (best)  
62%
  [ 5 ]  62%

37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:32 pm

An archery shot for Gondor is decent on its own; the site number penalty makes this a really solid weapon. The skirmish ability is just an added bonus, with some nice potential for combos. (Hardy Garrison comes to mind.)

Too bad it can’t be played on the new Ring-bearer Faramir though.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:43 pm
As CG said, the Bow can be played on a Gondor ranger, and then you can use the skirmish ability to exhaust a minion skirmishing the Faramir ring-bearer. That’s cool, combined with PATHS or Hardy Garrison.

An all-around solid card. 5 from me.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:39 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Someone also mentioned Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver...this would be an awesome combo with that, too.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:27 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its sweet one the site number ability is respectable, and the exahust ability is down right evil.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:31 pm
Exhausting. Ugh.

God, it’s Mablung all over again...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Hazael
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:15 am
Shocked 5 definately playable no doubt on expanded or open
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:42 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
As CG said, the Bow can be played on a Gondor ranger, and then you can use the skirmish ability to exhaust a minion skirmishing the Faramir ring-bearer.

I missed that possibility... very cool indeed! Very Happy
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:43 pm
Sweet Card. However, the old Faramir’s Bow isn’t going anywhere. There are other cards out there that exhaust minions, and Faramir’s Bow (original) can then drop them. Plus, the old bow plays on Faramir and adds one to the archery total, which makes it easy to exhaust a minion.

However, I can think of a sweet combo for the new bow. Citadel of the Stars + Faramir’s Bow would be sweet. And fun. Hides won’t prevent it, Goblin Armory won’t prevent it, nothing will prevent it, because you simply exhaust a minion then reduce his vitality by 1 Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i have to disagree, the old faramir’s bow gives archer, so does this one. But no matter what it gives th +1 bonus for site numbers which is respectable but with that exhausting ability and the new Faramir pure Evil. Combo’ed with Pippin it is nigh unbeatable. That is a good combo though. i have to say that. Personally If I could choose I would definitely choose this one, especially for a fortification deck.

EDIt , but as previously mentioned, you could still exhaust a minion faramir is skirmishing and finish it off with one of the plethora of ranger wounding cards.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:52 pm
I was thinking in relation to the Faramir RB, who can’t bear the new bow and consequently the archer bonus is lost.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion