LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:59 am
Alright, it’s a break in between semesters for me, my mother is gabbing on the phone and I had nothing better to do, so I decided to sit down with my old trial of the LotR Online TCG (which I had forgotten that I had) and decided to build a deck using the deck builder. I decided to go with two strategies that I thought would be fun and effective. Hopefully, if I ever get a chance to completely build these decks (as I don’t have the cards from The Hunters) I will enjoy playing them as much as I enjoyed building them. (Or if I decide to finally take a leap and join the actual LotR Online! Very Happy)

So, I thought I’d go with an old school fellowship with the Gandalf signet, and a new strategy with the Orc culture and go with a strategy revolving around possessions. Here it is!

Ring-Bearer: 2

x1 Frodo, Wicked Masster
x1 The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles

Adventure Deck: 9

0 The Great Gates
0 Emyn Muil
0 Isenwash
1 Ettenmoors
1 Isengard Ruined
2 Baranzibar
2 Helm’s Gate
2 Moria Stairway
3 Trollshaw Forest

Fellowship: 35

x1 Gandalf, The Grey Wizard (starting)
x2 Legolas, Elven Comrade
x2 Arwen, Fair Elf Maiden
x2 Gimli, Unbidden Guest
x2 Elven Cloak
x2 Asfaloth
x2 Gwemegil
x2 Long-knives of Legolas
x2 Elven Rope
x1 Ring of Fury
x1 Gandalf’s Staff
x1 Gimli’s Battle Axe
x3 Gandalf’s Wisdom
x2 Trust Me As You Once Did
x1 The Nine Walkers
x3 Let Us Not Tarry
x2 Have Patience
x2 Intimidate
x2 Strength of Spirit

Shadow: 35

x4 Destructive Orc
x4 Goblin Aggressor
x4 Orc Artisan
x3 Mordor Aggressor
x3 Black Land Chieftain
x2 Black Land Spy
x3 Orc Hammer
x3 Orc Spear
x3 Mordor Scimitar
x2 Bladed Gauntlets
x4 Armed For Battle

The fellowship is in more of a choke format, starting only Gandalf and holding your opponent to a small amount of twilight until your really get moving. The deck is packed with possessions for all of your characters. Most possessions and artifacts either give a large strength or damage boost, when coupled with the helpful text of your companions and Gandalf’s Wisdom, will keep the amount of minions low and the strength of your characters high. Whenever you go ahead a minion you can’t beat through out one of your events. Keep Your Forked Tongue keeps your companions healthy enough to make it to the next sanctuary, which is extremely helpful. The only problem I saw with the free peoples is the limited amount of exertions Gandalf can take, so I threw in a couple of Have Patience.

The shadow side is fairly straight forward. It’s more brutish than some strategies, but it gets the job done. Basically a minion does not go into play, unless it has a hand weapon of some sort. Goblin Aggressor and Mordor Aggressor are key to this strategy. especially when you have a lot of twilight, but the fact that they boost themselves is helpful as well. Also, most of the hand weapons exert companions when you play them. Cycling these weapons with Armed For Battle, you should be able to wear down the fellowship while adding threats with Black Land Chieftain and Black Land Spy. Then, once a companion dies, it’s like a nuclear warhead going off, taking everyone else with them.
Last edited by thonnas7 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:02 am
YES!

I love Gandy signet decks. Smile
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:43 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
i LOVE gandalf signet decks but first i really like Keep Your Forked Tounge but its kind of risky because if you don’t have three twilight tokens so i would include a few copies of Intimadate also Strength of Spirt is also a great card for exertations
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:30 pm
I totally forgot about spotting 3 twilight for Keep Your Forked Tongue. Thanks for the input guys. Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded