LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:48 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
FOTR is where you’ll find the best movie matchups. Moria plays a key role, especially with the old Bridge of Khazad-Dum in play.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Mythdracon
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:33 pm
Anyone ever made a deck with a fellowship of 9 (Boromir, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Frodo) that is fully playable before entering Moria (i.e. replicates the movie’s movement of 9 throughout most sites)? It would need to be a deck with events that help each of them win skirmishes, btw, so Bow of the Galadhrim, Mithril Coat, Sting, Aragorn’s Bow and Gandalf’s Staff (among others) would need to be there.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:41 am
Mythdracon wrote:
Anyone ever made a deck with a fellowship of 9 (Boromir, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Frodo) that is fully playable before entering Moria (i.e. replicates the movie’s movement of 9 throughout most sites)? It would need to be a deck with events that help each of them win skirmishes, btw, so Bow of the Galadhrim, Mithril Coat, Sting, Aragorn’s Bow and Gandalf’s Staff (among others) would need to be there.

I’ve gotten close, with a Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Sam, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf trust me as you once did deck. I didn’t have Boromir though. Sad I don’t have the decklist handy...and I don’t know where I put it...
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:42 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:42 am
Oooo....could you please post the decklist here? Or a URL link to it? Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:43 am
Let me try to rebuild it, or find the decklist...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:55 am
Found it! I’ll throw Boromir in there...

(38 cards)

Frodo, Tired Traveller
The One Ring, ATAR

Gandalf, The Grey Wizard

Companions:
Sam, Proper Poet x 2
Gimli, Unbidden Guest x 2
Legolas, Elven Comrade x 2
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith x 2
Merry, Rohirrim Squire x 2
Pippin, Sworn to Service s 2
Aragorn, Driven By Need x 2

Conditions:
Trust me as you once did x 4

Possessions:
Hobbit Sword x 4
Dwarven Axe
Hand Axe x 2
Ranger’s Sword, Blade of Aragorn
Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir
Legolas’ Sword
Wizard Staff

Events:
Servant of the Secret Fire x 4
Strength of Spirit x 4

There it is! Pretty decent deck too. It actually runs off three strategies, Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Trust Me As You Once Did, and Legolas/Gimli with Strength of Spirit and Legolas’ Sword, with a Sam Sacrifice. Boromir’s just in there to follow the stroy line, hence he wasn’t in the original deck.

Instructions: Maybe throw in a couple warmed up a bit. Lose gandalf at site 5, and Boromir at site 9, simultaneously discarding Merry and Pippin. Okay, never mind, but that would follow the plot...and mess up the strategy Smile
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:15 pm
Wahey! Thanks for that!

Some comments: Why not have Gimli’s Battle Axe, since he’s the only Dwarf? What if your hand gets clogged with cards you don’t need (i.e. possessions, or 4 Servants of the Secret Fire, without an active Gandalf)?

What starting companions would you recommend? Is it Gandalf? And yeah, it seems to follow the Fellowship movie, only the companions tend not to be from the FOTR set. Most are from TTT, it seems. But thanks for posting it up! *applause* Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:21 pm
I start Gandalf and Frodo, and mulligan if I don’t get trust me as you once did. In doing that, I almost always get Trust me the first time, enabling a strength +2 bonus for frodo, because I already spot two gandalf signets.

And with the dwarven axe, I always play a dwarven axe outside my damage dwarf deck. I like its ability. Although Heavy Axe is nice to.

I play it in casual, where we use jumbles of sites from FotR, TT, RotK and WotR block, in any order, so I bid to go second, play the prancing pony, Eastemnet Gullies, and Plains of Rohan in a row. Twisted Evil The Fellowship gets out pretty easy. In real play, (with a 1-9 site path) just start the prancing pony and pull out Aragorn, although the new site doesn’t let you. Evil or Very Mad
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:32 pm
I suppose the Dwarven Axe ability is good...thanks for clarifying on the strategy. I really like the idea of having a mix of sites from the three movie sets, maybe I should implement that in my casual games too. Very Happy

So, would you happen to have any other interesting movie scenario-sorta decks? Smile
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:39 pm
um...not really...I’m thinking about a Smeagol / Frodo / Sam deck

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion