LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well glad to see you got your ninja gollum reviewer. And from what i can see he has some good points. I think with all the burden removal he has, resistance wouldn’t be a big problem, though a few ease the burden could be useful.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
yerkamig
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:05 am
Thanks agagin Alehaak. I was trying to make it standard though, so They Stole It and YaLaat are out. But I see your point. A fierce Gollum just gives the opportunity to wound again.

But explain Gollum Hopeless to me. Why 0 strength? For beefy ringbearers like Gimli BoG and Boromir?
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:38 pm
Isildur w/ Narsil Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yerkamig wrote:

But explain Gollum Hopeless to me. Why 0 strength? For beefy ringbearers like Gimli BoG and Boromir?

yeah you probably wouldn’t need hopeless, if you could get DaD that would eb best. also little snuffler can be useful.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:19 am
OK. I made a couple changes. I took out 1 Little Snuffler and 1 Treacherous Little Toad (dropping the total to 2 each), and 1 Incited (I only have one in reality anyway). Then I put in 2 Led Astray (which generates twilight and helps me get out my forests and dwellings for my freeps), and 1 Desperate Move. Has anyone played Desperate Move? It seems like a win-win scenario, and getting Shelob to the regroup is pretty easy.

*Edit*

Whoops I forgot I took out another Little Snuffler to try and double up on the wounds generated between Let Her Deal With Them on Shelob and Promise Keeping. So I get an exert with each damage that Shelob does right? (damage +1=2 exertions)?
Last edited by yerkamig on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
alehaak
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:37 am
Gollum, Hopeless is there for alternative RB like Gimli, Isildur, etc...

or, on a ring bound hobbit deck... frodo become a 12 str rb ! gollum comes very strength ;D

i think you need 2 incited, because with this card you can take some cards of you discard pile... ANY Gollum card !

there are another good twilight generators...

let me see...

1x Look at Him(5U26)
1x So Polite(7R74)
1x *Gollum, Dark as Darkness(9R+2Cool

with 2 fat one you can put a lot of threats... then so polite can add up to 9 twilight ^^
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:43 am
You’re right about Incited. I’m trying to get another one.

But I’m trying to keep it standard so Look at Him is out. But that So Polite is sweet! What a twilight generator with Plotting and Fat One!
yerkamig
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:15 am
OK. This deck performed pretty well. I managed to stop a pretty beefy Houses of Healing deck with A Desperate Move and Unseen Foe. Not bad considering all the vitality my opponent had with Ranger’s Cloak, Anduril Flame of the West, etc. And my Fellowship made it to site nine first but died to some Southron site-control archery. I’ve commented on how everything worked, or didn’t, below.

Free(32) Shadow(32)

Starting
Sam Bearer of Great Need w/ The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry Should’ve used extra resistance here, because Sam was super beefy anyway.
Frodo Frenzied Fighter
Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer

Followers
Pallando, Far-travelling One
Daddy Twofoot Next Door Neighbor
Frodo Gamgee Son of Samwise
The Gaffer Master Gardener

Events
Narrow Escape x2 Used both of these repeatedly with Daddy Twofoot.
Concerning Hobbits x2
No Worse for Wear I never saw this but if I had I didn’t need it.

Possessions/Artifacts
Hobbit Sword x3
Bill the Pony Dearly-loved
Mithril-coat Dwarf-mail

Sting Weapon of Heritage I forgot to remove some burdens when Sam won, which I could’ve used to soak up some archery at site nine.
Phial of Galadriel Star-Glass

Conditions
Fates Entwined x2 I didn’t play either one of these trying to choke the pool, and it hurt me in the end.
Habits of Home x3
A Promise x4
Birthday Present
Sudden Fury x3 I only played one of these trying to choke, and it was more than enough.

Companions(nonstarting)
Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish I dumped him at site four when my guys were winning and I was ahead.

Shadow

Minions
Gollum Dark as Darkness
Gollum Vile Creature
Gollum Mad Thing I wound up switching this at the last minute for Gollum Hopeless and it worked well against a Boromir BoC.
Shelob Her Ladyship x3

Events

Desperate Move
Led Astray x2 Didn’t realize this only worked on MY sites, so it didn’t help at all since I had plenty of twilight already.
Little Snuffler
Let Her Deal With Them I never saw this either but Shelob was winning her fierce skirmishes so it might’ve helped.
Sudden Strike x2
Unseen Foe x2
Horribly Strong x2 No one had less than 6 resistance so I’m cutting these.
Captured by the Ring x4
Not this Time x2

Conditions

Promise Keeping x2
Plotting
Incited
Fat One Wants It x2 There is so much going on in this deck, I think I forgot to use this. It would’ve helped whether or not Gollum won.
Treacherous Little Toad x2

Possessions
Web I didn’t use this once because Gollum was dying and I had to discard Shelob for Unseen Foe. I think I’ll drop it for some Spider Poison.

My shadow got clogged a little with too many events. And I don’t think Gollum made it to the regroup once, so he was shutdown a bit. Shelob + Unseen Foe were the most consistently efficient, and A Desperate Move was the surprise hit of the game. I’ll add a condition or two and mabe another Shelob since I was discarding her so much. As for my Fellowship I’ll switch rings, try to remember to use Sting, and play Fates Entwined. Otherwise it worked pretty well.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:47 pm
I don’t know about ninja gollum, but for freeps, you could cut a sudden fury and no worse for the wear, but you might need them for beatdown decks. toss in a salt from the shire to help resistance IMO.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard