LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
shieldelf
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 pm
Should I use Legolas, Greenleaf or Legolas, of the Woodland Realm in a elf archery deck?
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:37 pm
Depends on your meta. If the decks you play against frequently use minions with the hunter keyword, then you should use Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm. If, on the other hand, you don’t often run into hunters, then you should use Legolas, Greenleaf.

And then there are other good versions of Legolas for archery decks:

Legolas, Son of Thranduil - An easy archery boost without exertions. Very useful if you find yourself having trouble with exertions.
Legolas, Fearless Marksman - Never underestimate this guy. He can cycle your hand and give you a directed wound, which ain’t bad.
Legolas, Woodland Emissary - If you have Legolas’ Bow, then this Legolas is awesome.
Legolas, Of the Grey Company - If your archery deck uses any telepathy cards, then you should consider this version of Legolas.

Hope this helps!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
corvus
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:38 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Greenleaf.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:48 am
Corvus has a point, but while Greenleaf gets off two wounds, it comes at a price, while Woodland Emissary gets off on exertion free and an extra archery with Legolas’ Bow. I think Woodland Emissary is better than Greenleaf, especially if you run against Desert Lord, which would shut Legolas down.

I personally prefer Legolas, Son of Thandruil, (shocking I know...) but Legolas, of the Grey Company is the best Legolas made, although its use is rather specific. For a generic Legolas, Legolas, Son of Thandruil. I got two copies from CobraCards in the January giveaway, and I absolutely love it! Start Legolas, Son of Thandruil and Orophin, Brother of Haldir, go second, and you have three archery out of the starting gate Mr. Green
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I know your meta. Use greenleaf.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pywils
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:42 pm
i’ve never been a big fan of Greenleaf. His ability occurs a very limited amount of times, whereas I agree with NBarden that Legolas, Of The Grey Company is the best legolas by FAR
Ninja Gimli
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:58 pm
I also agree with NBarden and Pywils Legolas, Of The Grey Company is the best.
visit my website, http://www.xanga.com/debater92
shieldelf
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:37 pm
ok, its between Legolas, Greenleaf and Legolas, Woodland Emmisary now, I like Woodland Emmisarys ability though... although I dont have legolas’ bow, im gunna add taht to my trade list now
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
shieldelf wrote:
ok, its between Legolas, Greenleaf and Legolas, Woodland Emmisary now, I like Woodland Emmisarys ability though... although I dont have legolas’ bow, im gunna add taht to my trade list now

good opportunity for me, I am in your area and have the bow.
Greenleaf is good though, but you would probably have to test to see which one works best.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion