LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:08 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Er...I really don’t have a lot of submissions so far, and this is a single elimination thing from now on. I still need decks from AC, WKBC, shieldelf, and Corvus.

And there’s a few creative things to do with this card. Possessions hopping from goblin to goblin, comboing it with The Balrog, Durin’s Bane to fetch ’Rog possessions, yeah...you can do fun stuff with this card.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:09 am
Well i haven’t really had the time lately I will try to get it done by the end of this weekend.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:15 am
No problem, I’m flexible...very flexible.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:51 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Possessions hopping from goblin to goblin

This is pretty much the only use for Plundered Armories, and even then it relies on the Freeps player to do the skirmishes involving goblins with weapons before the others.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
comboing it with The Balrog, Durin’s Bane to fetch ’Rog possessions

It can only play the possession just discarded, so it’ll only be able to play Goblin Spear... and if you’re going to play Durin’s Bane to kill off a Goblin and play his spear from the discard pile, why not just skip the Goblin and play Durin’s Bane first with the spear?

I’m not going to submit a deck here, because the card’s use is very limited and the few decks where it might help at all have already been posted.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:59 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Teh Lingz0r ov teh deckz0r pwnz:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=55457#55457
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:36 pm
AC, you sure about that? Because...this is supposed to be a single-elimination thing...
corvus
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:47 pm
Yeah, and you can be creative like me... Wink
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm
I’ll admit, corvus, your deck is probably the most creative out of the Plundered Armories decks I’ve seen. But since Guard Commander isn’t a lurker and has only 2 vitality, I doubt that the idea would really work as well as it might seem (not to mention that your Shadow side is 52 cards).

So I guess that your deck is creative but weak. Wink

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
give him points for creativity Very Happy but simply but the reason I didn’t enter, si I don’t have enough time to think up creative/good decks and its even harder with cards like this.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:04 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I’ll admit, corvus, your deck is probably the most creative out of the Plundered Armories decks I’ve seen. But since Guard Commander isn’t a lurker and has only 2 vitality, I doubt that the idea would really work as well as it might seem (not to mention that your Shadow side is 52 cards).

A gentleman should defend his deck, and so shall i... Smile

Guard commander may have only 2 vitality (remember he is a moria minion...) but:

-His wounds can be saved at extreme cases with goblin armory.
-Unless facing archery, it’s usually ok if he loses his skirmish
-His ability can be used on him as well! The freeps might easily be dissapointed by the swarm and make a mistake in the priority of skirmish resolving.

A moria under 45 cards is no serious Moria. Quote for the druid, my mentor who has been playing ONLY moria since the dawn of the first age.

En garde!
Last edited by corvus on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in totalClick here if you want to trade some foils away Wink

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion