LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I was wondering how much you could arrange your decks(IE possession by companion before you shuffle, combos together etc.) is it just up to house rules or are their rulings on this?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:35 pm
before you shuffle? if it’s before, does it matter? when i play, i just grab my deck and start shuffling. i don’t know if there are any rules.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:26 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
No stated rules...I mean, there’s no way to verify them, anyway. But I do think that the rules permit your opponent to cut your deck, maybe even to request you to shuffle it again. In theory, it should mix it up enough to break up your combo stuff.

Besides, doing that would clog your hand horribly. A well-mixed deck is actually better to play with.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheJord
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:41 am
I always lay down 9 cards face down from my FP deck then lay 9 Shadow cards on each until im out of cards, then my opponent cuts the deck... means you pretty much always draw FP-Shadow-FP-Shadow.
Anvar
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:13 pm
I hate to say this, but stacking your deck is cheating. You are supposed to have a well-shuffled, randomised deck. In reality this is difficult but if you are stacking the deck in advance (ie putting down FP-Shadow, or spreading the companions out) and then don’t shuffle, you are fixing your deck. If anyone did this to me, tournament or casual, I would be quite upset.

If you stack and then shuffle thoroughly, ask yourself this question: Do you think the stacking makes a difference?

If yes, then you’re cheating.

If no, then why are you doing it?

(wise words from a long time Magic player I know).

Don’t stack your deck, just shuffle and play.

Anvar
Cobra
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:14 pm
Both you and your opponent should be satisfied that both decks are randomized. Anything else is cheating.

(Pulling stunts like this against new players is also a very good way to drive them away from the game.)

Anvar’s little test is a very good one:

Anvar wrote:
Do you think the stacking makes a difference?

If yes, then you’re cheating.

If no, then why are you doing it?
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I don’t do it anymore, I used to super arrange my decks until we discovered the cutting rule. Thanks for your help everyone and a GP to anvar as soon as possible!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions