LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:54 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Are you allowed to put companions that say "spot an elf to play", etc. into your Starting Fellowship, even if the requirements aren’t met then?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:55 pm
No. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Cobra
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:10 am
However, do keep in mind that your starting companions are played one at a time. For example, Arwen, Daughter of Elrond + Haldir, Elf of the Golden Wood is a legal starting fellowship -- you’ll play Arwen, then spot Arwen to play Haldir.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:55 pm
Right. Okay...I had a related question.
Some cards, especially Army of the Dead cards such as Cursed of Erech and Dead Man of Dunharrow, have actions that trigger when you play them, such as "add a threat to play" or "when you play this companion, exert him twice". Are these in effect? Because I’m guessing they aren’t.

And if it’s not too off-topic...can you have two cards in your SF that make each other playable, because of twilight effects like those found on Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon? Like if each one makes the other -1 twil. cost, and each one costs 3.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:48 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Some cards, especially Army of the Dead cards such as Cursed of Erech and Dead Man of Dunharrow, have actions that trigger when you play them, such as "add a threat to play" or "when you play this companion, exert him twice". Are these in effect? Because I’m guessing they aren’t.

Yes, they are in effect.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
And if it’s not too off-topic...can you have two cards in your SF that make each other playable, because of twilight effects like those found on Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon? Like if each one makes the other -1 twil. cost, and each one costs 3.

No. You play your starting fellowship one at a time, so the first person would cost 3, and the second would cost 2.

Good questions! Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:50 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

AC is right. I know some people in my area though you could have Elladan, Son of Elrond and Elrohir, Son of Elrond with Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath in your starting fellowship. That would have been one amazing SF
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Yes, they are in effect.

Good...so that means that the Undead do start off with their enduring and End of the Game bonus. I don’t have to get them wounded first! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions