LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:32 pm
Yep. Another crazy mechanic by NBarden.

4 •Ancient Evil Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Shelob and Gollum.
Regroup: If the shadow player has lost no skirmishes this turn and each companion is exhausted, discard a minion and spot three burdens and three threats to make the Free Peoples player move back one site on the adventure path.

Hm?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:37 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
GP Very nice idea, but I highly doubt the text would ever trigger except with very small fellowships.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:39 pm
I think it would work better to move back a fellowship with like... no wounds. Or some indication of their doing well.

Because why hurt a hurting fellowship? If every companion is exhausted, it really doesn’t matter what site they’re at. They’re gonna die.

But a healthy fellowship, one that’s moving well, they deserve to be put back.

See where I’m coming from?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:44 pm
I do, and I fully agree with you. How about this...

3 • Ancient Evil Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert Gollum (or spot Shelob).
Regroup: If the Free Peoples player won every skirmish in this turn, spot 2 unwounded companions to make the Free Peoples player move back 1 site on the adventure path.
I had to put something here.
BattleWarg
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:56 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
I do, and I fully agree with you. How about this...

3 • Ancient Evil Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert Gollum (or spot Shelob).
Regroup: If the Free Peoples player won every skirmish in this turn, spot 2 unwounded companions to make the Free Peoples player move back 1 site on the adventure path.

Uh-uh. Shame on you

I do like the idea, but there are two problems with this card.
One, if you play no minions - go to regroup. Each skirmish that took place was won by the Free Peoples player. Okay, I could see it, but put this in with a discarding/condition Shadow deck with (for example) Webs + Gollum in order to play it for 5 twilight when you get it. Don’t play a minion after that. They get stuck in a loop.
Two, which becomes MUCH WORSE in combination, is not having a cost. It has a condition - each skirmish that took place, the fellowship won, and 2 companions are not wounded. But, it’s an action. Which means, once you meet the condition, you can move them to site 1 (or furthur back).

So, I’d suggest exerting a minion for the ability and limiting it to once per turn. That should actually take care of each problem (although, you could just play a minion during regroup - but that’s slightly harder). There’s a minion, indicating at least one skirmish took place.

EDIT: "At the start of the regroup phase," - so you must have had a skirmish and it automatically limits it to once per turn. But still exert.

The other problem, of course, is site control decks. Mr. Green
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:35 pm
That one is simple to solve. All you need is a little line in there saying "if you are not ahead on the site path...." Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:28 am
WitchKingBlkCapt wrote:
That one is simple to solve. All you need is a little line in there saying "if you are not ahead on the site path...." Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Would it? I would think that would still allow use if you were both on the same site. (I could be wrong, of course)
"If you are behind on the site path", however, would not allow it.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I would say
at the start of the regroup phase If the Free Peoples player won every skirmish in this turn (and 2 or more minions were assigned to a skirmish), spot 2 unwounded companions to make the Free Peoples player move back 1 site on the adventure path.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards