LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Well Bill was pretty popular, so here’s a special blade and an event to go with it. Enjoy! Smile

1Sting, Elven-knife Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo or Frodo.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him (or add 1 if there is an Orc involved in that skirmish) to play a Shire skirmish event from your draw deck.
“Then he drew it, and its polished and well-tended blade glittered suddenly, cold and bright.”

1 One For The Shire! Shire
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Hobbit bearing a weapon to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that weapon is unique).
“‘The hobbit’s bite is deep! You have a good blade, Frodo son of Drogo!’”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:35 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him (or add 1 if there is an Orc involved in that skirmish) to play a Shire skirmish event from your draw deck.
“Then he drew it, and its polished and well-tended blade glittered suddenly, cold and bright.”

Cool! Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Hobbit bearing a weapon to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that weapon is unique).

Very cool! Applause
I had to put something here.
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:13 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Mithril-coat, Precious Gift Shire
Artifact • Armor
Bearer must be Frodo or Bilbo.
The minion archery total is -1. Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all strength and damage bonuses from weapons.
Response: If bearer is about to take any number of wounds, exert bearer to prevent all wounds to him until the end of the current phase.
“‘I have never seen or heard tell of one so fair. Is this the coat that Gandalf spoke of? Then he undervalued it. But it was well given!’”

Very nice. Reflective of the purpose the Mithril-coat served in The Fellowship of the Ring. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
0Bilbo’s Cloak and Hood Shire
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
“They had been locked up as if they were very precious, but they were so patched and weatherstained that their original colour could hardly be guessed: it might have been dark green. They were rather too large for him.”

I would shorten it to Bilbo’s Cloak and maybe add: "While bearer is unwounded, the minion archery total is -1." Something minor that would still keep the cost at 0.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
0Bill the Pony, Tenth Companion Shire
Possession • Support Area
Discard Bill the Pony when at an underground site or if you cannot spot a Hobbit companion.
Fellowship: If there are fewer than 3 cards stacked here, add 1 to stack a possession here from hand, from a companion, or from a Shire or Gandalf ally.
Maneuver: Add 1 to play a possession stacked here as if played from hand.
“So Bill was going as the beast of burden, yet he was the only member of the Company that did not seem depressed.”

Hmm...Think

I would prefer that Bill the Pony remain a mount. Perhaps you could make a condition that went along with this card and have it stack the cards from hand there. That would be cool. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Awesome! This could come in handy in times of need. I wish Sam could bear it, but since this is a Fellowship of the Ring expansion, I can why he was excluded. Still, it’s very tempting with that awesome, GP-demanding text...

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish

Simply put: magnificent! Smile
macheteman
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:31 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Well Bill was pretty popular, so here’s a special blade and an event to go with it. Enjoy! Smile

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

i believe you can word it "or add 1 if skirmishing an Orc". i like the idea, awfully powerful, it will absolutely kill Orc decks, get this at site 1, and you can play every event in your draw deck. talk about cycling, use frodo in a dwarven cycling deck assign frodo to a skirmish, and take out all your Shire events, and you’ll almost be rid of your fellowship cards. let the dwarves do the rest. now that i think about it, i’d make it just exert with no Orc hate. good card!

Event • Skirmish

Awesome!!!

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:13 am
Before we move on, a note on Bill. Only one of the two versions thus far is a mount. The other (from the Fellowship block) is just a regular possession that is borne by a Hobbit. This is essentially the same as that version, as it can’t exist without a Hobbit (essentially being borne by them). I would prefer that it actually be borne by a Hobbit myself, but since that won’t work with the abilities, I think that this is okay as is. Adds a new twist. Very Happy

Speaking of ponies, here’s another for the Hobbits, and it’s more of a typical pony. Smile Enjoy!

1 Hobbit Pony Shire
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be an unbound Hobbit.
Discard this mount when at an underground site.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may add 2 to heal bearer.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to cancel a skirmish involving bearer. Any Shadow player may remove a burden or 2 threats to prevent this.
“‘They’ve more sense (in some ways) than you wandering hobbits have—more sense in their noses.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:05 pm; edited 5 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:53 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
(2) Hobbit Pony Shire
Possession • Mount
If you can spot two mounted Hobbits, the move limit is +1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to exert a minion he is skirmishing.
“‘They’ve more sense (in some ways) than you wandering hobbits have—more sense in their noses.’”

You need to change (2) to 2. Wink Nice card! Smile
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
how about to take into hand? its fine as it is though

Event • Skirmish

ounique, or you can spot an orc maybe?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Hobbit Pony Shire
Possession • Mount

sure. the skirmish ability doesn’t seem quite right, maybe discard the possession to cancel a skirmish, the opponent may remove burdens or threats or something to prevent it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:13 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Hobbit Pony Shire
Possession • Mount

sure. the skirmish ability doesn’t seem quite right, maybe discard the possession to cancel a skirmish, the opponent may remove burdens or threats or something to prevent it.

Good idea, SoP. Consider it done. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:42 pm
One more card for today. Enjoy!

1The Road Goes Ever On and On Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is at a dwelling site, spot 2 Hobbits to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary). Discard this condition (or spot Bilbo to place this condition beneath your draw deck).
“‘...down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards