LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
ingold55
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:26 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i’ll check it out. thanks! Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
SnowBalrog
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:04 am
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
I don’t really have a favorite, although lately I’ve been toying with a Stragglers deck.. It’s funny to watch your opponent scratch his head for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to assign.. However, my main favorites are swarm (both Moria and stupid Uruk) and Enquea corruption.
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
syndrome
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:03 am
If you play extended play with uruk swarms... freeps will die.

Pip: My comment wasn’t to be taken seriously, I was poking fun.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:47 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Phazanzar wrote:
If you play extended play with uruk swarms... freeps will die.

oh yea my brother killed my other brother by site 4 and had a 9 companion fellowship (yea his deck was messed up)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:46 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
My preferred strategy is to stay ahead of my opponent, beef up my fellowship, and give better than what I get. This way, he never gets past me, and I barely limp into site 9. But I make it!
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
I like swarm, exspecially high strength trolls swarming companions left and right.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:32 pm
That’s not a swarm. That’s a dead Fellowship. Very Happy

In terms of shadow strategy, I admit I have a weakness for threats...it’s just the idea of forcing your opponent to assign about five or six wounds-so cool! And it works so well!
Gagnut
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:43 am
If you can get enough of it, There is just something awsome about companions getting shot by lots of arrows and dieing. Very Happy
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:53 am
I prefer the strategies that go directly for the opponents ring bearer such as swarm and corruption. Making decks that pretty much bypass the support my opponent has for his ringbearer is fun for me. Thus I like Morcs with Gollum DaD, Ninja Gollum, Orc Swarm (before demoralized was banned), and classic Moria Swarm. There is nothing like having all of the minions in your deck out at site 9 and still having a ton of pool for your Guard commander.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:12 am
And to go with strategic wounding, if you play Open Format, Greed is amazing. Just spot an Uruk to play it, and then you don’t have to worry about having a big twilight pool and being unlucky enough not to draw any minions that turn. Just remove twilight and wound at will!
*wound* Take that, you lousy wizard! *wound* Take that, stupid dwarf! *wound* Haha! Let’s see just how tough Legolas really is now! *wound*, etc. ad infinitum...
I can see why it’s not in Standard play anymore! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion