LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
yerkamig
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:46 am
I remember a discussion here recently about Held, and that it is discarded when a fellowship moves to site 9. But the only thing 4.0 says is it applies to any site 9. Which is right?
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:49 am
I think there was a ruling made on this that it would apply to any site 9, otherwise it would be an unfair card to use if it only meant tower block 9 or something not in the format you are playing.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
yerkamig
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:51 am
SO it’s not discarded when moving to site 9? I must’ve misunderstood.

Wait! I found it. It’s in TheJord’s most useless rare thread. When Held is on Frenzied Fighter Frodo THEN it comes off at site 8.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:00 am
Ok fair enough. I was sure it would just do nothing as non ringbearers cannot be corrupted so it makes no difference.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:31 am
yerkamig wrote:
Wait! I found it. It’s in TheJord’s most useless rare thread. When Held is on Frenzied Fighter Frodo THEN it comes off at site 8.

You misunderstood what was said in that topic. Someone was saying that it would be a cool strategy to use Anduril, Sword that Was Broken to take Held off of Frodo at site 8 so that he wouldn’t be corrupted.

Anyways, here’s what it says in the Rulebook:

The Rulebook wrote:
Held 6 R 109
The “site 9” referred to on this card is any site 9 card from any block.

And it also says:

The Rulebook wrote:
Only your Ring-bearer can be corrupted.

So it looks like you can play it on Frodo, Frenzied Fighter and not have to worry about the corruption part. But if you play it on a Frodo RB, then it will corrupt him when you move to any site 9; thus you should use something like Anduril, Sword that Was Broken to discard it before you move to site 9.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
yerkamig
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:39 am
Hey thanks, AC. I thought I might’ve got that wrong. Pallando!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions