LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:03 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Hehe thanks guys, ive no doubt Bib will have the better of me, but im a player above all else so i have several years experience since mines of moria in fact so i know how the game works! Bout time i migrated really as a lot of d regulars are over here and its just as useful!

Haven’t I seen you around the Decipher forums somewhere?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:45 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
lem0nhead wrote:
i have several years experience since mines of moria

I’m starting to few really old... Think
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:25 pm
Feel?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:45 am
bobtheorc wrote:
These D guys do know their rules.
lem0nhead, you need to get some signature line, bib also says "Do what the card says, not what you think it says"......or something like that

What i’ve put will have to do, cant think of another way of putting how i feel about people asking dumb questions. Seems they hunt down cards that could be misread just for the thrill of being difficult and asking "oh what do i do here cos it doesnt say anywhere". USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!
Had a guy on the D boards asking if you could transfer shadow followers to other minions like free peoples weapons; you cant do that with free peoples followers and just cos it aint in the rules yet, why the heck would you be able to do it? Fools all of them!

elf lvr wrote:

Haven’t I seen you around the Decipher forums somewhere?

Yup just made the change to CC because i get sick of the bickering and moaning about decipher over on the boards and the annoying people who refuse to accept cards like madril are NPEs!

It’s harder over here though cos i aint got any posts or stars and you all intimidate me with your 4 stars lotr master thingy. Bullies. Crying or Very sad

Who are you on the d boards elflvr?

Felipe Musco wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
i have several years experience since mines of moria

I’m starting to few really old... Think

Why?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:58 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
lem0nhead wrote:

Had a guy on the D boards asking if you could transfer shadow followers to other minions like free peoples weapons; you cant do that with free peoples followers and just cos it aint in the rules yet, why the heck would you be able to do it? Fools all of them!

Actually you can transfer freeps followers by paying aid again when the fellowship moves again. Had the impression that you can pay the aid again to transfer during the same maneuver phase, but that would only have some point with the gaffer....
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:09 am
According to Decipher: "The follower is borne by the companion for the rest of the turn, no matter how often your fellowship moves. You don’t have to pay the aid cost again for a follower borne by a companion in a subsequent maneuver phase. "

So once a follower is tagged to a companion he stays there until you reconcile or until it dies. You cant actually pass a follower onto some1 else, as aid is paid to move them from support area to a companion, and also this happens at the start of the maneuver and you only get that once.

P.s. Corvus i packaged your cards last night will send them tomorrow! Cheers
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:49 am
That’s incorrect.

The Rulebook wrote:
Followers
Follower is a new card type. A follower represents help for your fellowship that joins for a short time and then departs.
Followers are not members of your fellowship. They are not allies or companions. They are not characters, although they are often named and depicted with images of people from the story. Even though a follower may seem as if it were an Elf or Hobbit or Wizard, it can’t be spotted as such because a follower doesn’t have a race on its card type line. Followers can’t bear other cards, including possessions or conditions.
A follower is played to your support area. While your follower is in your support area, it has no effect on the game. Each follower has the keyword “Aid” (see below) which you can use to transfer that follower to one of your companions.

When your follower is borne by a companion, that follower will provide an ongoing effect or a special ability that may then be used. A companion may bear more than one follower. If that companion is killed, all of its followers are discarded, just like other cards borne by that companion.
During the regroup phase, when the Free Peoples player reconciles and minions are discarded, each follower is transferred back to the support area (at no cost). Follower cards have a gold circle in the upper left to remind you to return them to the support area.
In later turns, that follower may again be transferred to a companion (the same one or a different one, your choice) using the above procedure.

So you can indeed retransfer followers during a second (or third) maneuver phase, if you wish. And also, the aid cost isn’t only the cost to transfer it from your support area, but you would also pay the aid cost if you wish to retransfer it in a later maneuver phase.

The part of the rules you quoted doesn’t mean that you can never move the follower off. It means that if you choose to move again, the follower will stay attached during the second move.
All cards do what they say.
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:02 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Clear.

But can i transfer the gaffer during the first maneuver phase to do some heaing?
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:19 am
bibfortuna25 wrote:
That’s incorrect.

So you can indeed retransfer followers during a second (or third) maneuver phase, if you wish. And also, the aid cost isn’t only the cost to transfer it from your support area, but you would also pay the aid cost if you wish to retransfer it in a later maneuver phase.

The part of the rules you quoted doesn’t mean that you can never move the follower off. It means that if you choose to move again, the follower will stay attached during the second move.

I never said that it didnt get moved off. The follower stays where it is if you move twice. If you dont it goes back to the support area. Hence next time you have a maneuver it can be put where you want. Im not sure why you questioned what i said Bib?

Do you mean because you can pay the aid in the 2nd maneuver phase if you have moved twice to swap it to another companion?
yerkamig
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:11 am
lem0nhead wrote:

What i’ve put will have to do, cant think of another way of putting how i feel about people asking dumb questions. Seems they hunt down cards that could be misread just for the thrill of being difficult and asking "oh what do i do here cos it doesnt say anywhere". USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!

Guess this guys question wasn’t so dumb afterall. Not talking

You truly are a lemonhead.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions