LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:35 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
corvus wrote:
Clear.

But can i transfer the gaffer during the first maneuver phase to do some heaing?

Yes or No? Easy one.

Yerkamig, let’s keep this in respect. Lem0nhead is an elder.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:21 am
Ouch! Second day on and a personal attack!

Cheers Corvus, the example i was using when i said that was not when the free peoples moved twice, the guy just wanted to no if he could move saruman around in the same turn because the opponent was using maneuver wounding which is clearly a no, as you can’t swap shadow possesions so you cant just move a follower so i feel slightly vindicated in my example. Although i do feel stupid now it seems i could be wrong on another issue, i guess bib has thrown a spanner in the works of my reasoning. I would have said no to your query corvus as its at the start of the maneuver phase and you only get that once so once the gaffer gets transferred its not the start anymore you have begun the maneuver phase. But if Bib is saying you can pay the cost when its on a companion then there seems no reason you cant do what your suggesting. Although that would make Daddy twofoot very broken as you could flood your hand with events, so i think it will still be a no.

Bib your thoughts?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:40 am
lem0nhead wrote:
You cant actually pass a follower onto some1 else, as aid is paid to move them from support area to a companion, and also this happens at the start of the maneuver and you only get that once.

This is why Bib said you are wrong. Followers can move from one companion to another at the start of the Maneuver Phase if they were already attached to a companion.

Start of turn actions may only be performed once each so a follower can only be transferred and attached to one companion at the start of any given maneuver phase.

The only time (outside of some future card allowing the transfer of followers) that a follower can be transferred from one companion (or minion) to another companion (or minion) is if the fellowship has moved more than once in a turn and a companion (or minion) already had a follower attached. The rules say nothing about a follower needing to be transferred from the support area.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:51 am
Ahhh cheers Merrick i see what he was picking me up on, ok i take that back! But essentially you cant go swapping around followers. Made me feel a little bit better. Anxious

Guess that answers your question as well Corvus, you cant move the gaffer around cos its the start of turn action like i said.
How did this thread become a follower question from gollum her sneak? Smile
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:53 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
with the deagol part on gollum’s text
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
yerkamig
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:37 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Ahhh cheers Merrick i see what he was picking me up on, ok i take that back! But essentially you cant go swapping around followers. Made me feel a little bit better. Anxious

Guess that answers your question as well Corvus, you cant move the gaffer around cos its the start of turn action like i said.
How did this thread become a follower question from gollum her sneak? Smile

It started when you started bashing guys like me who ask "stupid" questions. And after I gave you a GP! Evil or Very Mad
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:45 am
Eh? I didnt bash you, what do you mean? If you thought that was aimed at you dude, truly sorry for the mistake was not referencing you at all, there was nothing wrong with your question which was why i answered it and i appreciated the GP!

Looking back i can see why you might think that. Sorry mate wasn’t intended that way, after all thats the point in gamplay forums to answer queries. I meant just sometimes people seem to pick at gameplay rules just to be difficult, unlike you in this instance.
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:25 am
Whoops, now I am the embarassed one. Embarassed Thanks for clarifying. Please for give my blast of hot air. Welcome to Cobra Cards. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions