LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » World of Warcraft TCG » WoW TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 1 ]  50%

50%
  [ 1 ]  50%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 2
Takeo
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:26 am
Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 123 Location: Hidden in FBI's basement
--- description ---
Run run! The Pets are loose!
To play against this deck, is seriously a pain in the...
If your not tired of the pets coming and going, you’ll be by not having and allies (because I’m shooting’em down!).
Read and have fun!
--- end description ---
Well, I saw the article contest and only Corvus had entered at the time, so I decided to challenge him Smile
I’ve not played WOW TCG for a long time, but enough to know that this is a great game.

My first deck I played was Elendril, which is the Alliance marksman, so I really wanted to make a deck featuring him.
Everyone know Alliance has an enemy, and since Corvus already has made an Alliance deck, I will be the enemy, The Horde!

I still wanna make a marksman deck, so I will use Sen’zir Beastwalker instead as a replacement. I hope she will do the same job Smile

Here’s the deck list:

Hero:
Sen’zir Beastwalker

Allies:
Fury x4
Bloodclaw x4
Confessor Mildred x2
Guardian Steelhorn x4
Chromie x1
Kagra of the Crossroads x4
Gellrin of the Gallows x2
Elder Moorf x4
Gartok Skullsplitter x4
Rak Skyfury x4
Voss Treebender x4

Abilities:
Arcane Shot x2
Bestial Wrath x4
Marked for Death x1
Multi-Shot x3

Quests:

Torek’s Assault x4
Kibler’s Exotic Pets x4
Chasing A-Me 01 x4

Equipment:
Krol Blade x3

Total cards: 62

Sideboard:
Thunderhead Hippogryph x2
Ancient Bone Bow x2
Rapid Fire x3
Multi-Shot x1
Master of the Hunt x2

Total cards: 10

Strategy:

The point with this deck, is a fast and painful kill, which is the most fun Smile I’ve chosen those hordes which are cheapest and maybe seems inefficient, but believe me. They aren’t.

There is a big chance that you get a card that cost (1) on your starting hand. That is a good advantage, since many opponents don’t have that. There for you get a free chance against their hero Very Happy

The biggest advantage of hunters, are pets! A bad thing is that you only can have one out at the time. But we can handle it. The thing thats good about Sen’zir Beastwalker instead og Elendril, is Bestial Wrath! I know many people enjoy their Aimed Shot, but look at Bestial Wrath. Prevent all damage on one entire turn! Look at this example. I play Fury, and attack you. I may take some damage, and hope it doesn’t kill me. Your turn. You decide to attack my Fury, and think he’s dead since I only have 1 resource left. Bang! Bestial Wrath, I take nothing, you take 8! Next round I attack you again, without taking any damage. Doh?

I just love Fury! Because when you finally manage to kill him, he is resurrected! At least 5 times by the quest Chasing A-Me 01 and by your hero! And then you still have 3 left in your deck! Haha.. Awesome card.

Thats just some of the great things about this deck. Because you gotta remember cards like, Multi-Shot (its like a machine gun you know), Krol Blade and don’t forget Gellrin of the Gallows. When your opponent use her, you only say: Ahhh... There goes another quest! Good for choking the opponent, because he cant draw any cards with his quests.

Well.. If you opponent isn’t dead by now, I am ashamed..
Last edited by Takeo on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:53 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Fast and deadly, a good opponent for my (old) Warrax deck.

So, it’s horde vs alliance huh? This is what i loved in the game, the possibility of making this a sort of an RPG - TCG. What i didn’t like was the card prices... Chromie is cool, but ouch! More than a week’s pocket money...

Whatever, i will wait to vote it, in case you wanna do any changes, but it’s proly a 4 to even things up.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Takeo
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:45 pm
Well, it’s good that we don’t have to own the cards we use then Razz
Chromie is just a bonus anyway, to make a second attack, and maybe a finishing move. Hope I can try this deck some time in real.. Hehe.

Thanks for the comments Corvus!
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:26 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Looks good.
I don’t understand a lot about this game but the article is well written.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Takeo
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:15 pm
Thanks for that! Better than the Lotr article I wrote. You should try the demo on Upper Entertainments website, it explains a lot, although it can be a little boring. But ask for any questions on the forum and I’ll try and answer it. Played it only for a month though, so its really easy to learn.

Thanks again!
Cobra
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:07 pm
Congratulations to Takeo, winner of Cobra Cards’ first monthly World of Warcraft TCG Strategy Article Contest and $50 store credit. Applause
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:06 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Hail Takeo!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Takeo
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:16 am
Yay! Thanks Cobra! You should advertise more for this forum.. Need more competition Wink Grats to you too Corvus!
Selling "Homemade" Lotr decks! --> Here!
Selling Lotr Singles --> Here!

Look at my new article:
Shamans, Amazingly good or Amazingly evil?

Forum index » World of Warcraft TCG » WoW TCG Strategy Article Contest