LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
corvus
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:57 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Orkish Smith Definetely. With a normal condition removal system, the lackey cannot be used, but smith turns the table.

Banning the Pavise would make the Evil Men Race too weak. But way TOO WEAK. First of all, it would totally destroy Bill Ferny. He would have no protection against wounding, like shadowplay and mighty alternative ringbearers aren’t enough... Mouth of Sauron would only get 2 cards out tops, which would make him useless, the Commander would only get 2 exerts each round (Why not use Desert Lord then and split them the way i like? And maybe give him some seasoned leader s)

Hobbit Sword is one of the few cards that can protect a hobbit, it is far from broken. Gimli gets an axe and goes strength +3 and he already is 6, should we ban him as well?

Goblin Hordes... Banning it would destroy ANY orc shadow so i would definetely say no. Without the smith, it is vulnerable to condition discarding. Same goes for forced march, though i am still cautious about it...

The lackey is really pretty strong, but still IMHO the key minion is the smith. You must discard unforgiving depths to switch the site, and with goblin hordes alone, this strategy is pretty balanced, as you cannot get conditions back, AND must have drawn them VERY fast.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:18 am
Agree with Covus, gotta be the smith, he is the link to all the broken combos in the orc culture. The lackey i think is too powerful anyway, regardless as you can still play 8 of them using expendable servants then use the isengard underling to get that back and play another 4! Smith and lackey are too hard. Forced march is just an annoying card, like corvus said without smith its vulnerable but in my experience its an NPE to keep being shoved on a site with many trolls out.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:16 am
Okay, now I’m leaning towards banning the Smith instead of Hordes (partially because it’d be awful for poor players who traded lots to get Hordes x4!). If this happens, it’ll probably start a chain effect and the other condition Shadows will have to watch out because everyone will be packing condition removal to deal with Goblin Hordes.

But I still think the Pavise should be banned. Try making a deck without it; I think you’ll find that the deck is still powerful, but it eliminates several near-broken decktypes.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
legoles3333
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:19 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
no kidding, SLM + Pavise is no fun to play against
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
corvus
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:35 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Banning pavise would prevent all strong decktypes of Evil Men.
Archery loses the ability to get out many howdah s and other conditions with the mouth. Ferny has no answer to archery/wounding. Commander is much weaker.
Why play Evil Men without pavise?

Ben didn’t even use pavise at all at his games as he said, and the commander was just a slight boost.

What more is there to say?
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
legoles3333
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:54 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
it would not, evil men archery would work with Howdah, evil men possession with sauruman, coldly still
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well something has to be done about that infinite loop. IMO X’ing strange-looking men would be an easy solution. i mean aside from that he isn’t exactly a mega-used card.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:55 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Just an idea here: What if the pavise was Xed, and D made something else, less powerful, to replace it? Vit +1, same cost and reduction, maybe loses the wound prevention? Or even +2vit with some "to play" cost? Exert a Man minion, whatver. Seems like that would be a semi-decent compromise between "we need the pavise for our other decks" (I agree...) and "Pavise is broken" (I reluctantly accept the fact that this may be true...)

Or maybe I’m just crazy, and any replacement card would either be useless or just as bad.

If we leave out the possibility of a replacement, then IMHO the SLM should go. It solves the loop, and like SoP pointed out, it doesn’t mess with other decks.

And in the Smith vs Gobby Hordes X... Smith should win the Xing hands-down...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
that would be to complicated for D. Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:12 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I like Sop’s idea of X-ing Strange Looking Men.
After all if D got rid of Pavis that would really hurt all most all men decks.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion