LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:06 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3Cirion, Noblest of the Stewards Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Knight. Hunter 1.
Each time you play a Rohan Man, you may remove 1.
Each time a Gondor Man wins a skirmish, you may exert Cirion to exert a minion.
“...in Cirion Eorl saw the highest and noblest man of the world that he knew, and the wisest, on whom sat the majesty of the Kings of Men of long ago.”

add a threat to exert a minion.

2Borondir, Rider of the Last Hope Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 6
Valiant.
While you can spot a unique Gondor Man and a unique Rohan Man, Borondir’s twilight cost is -1.
While Borondir is mounted, he is strength +1 (or +2 if bearing a Rohan mount).
“...a great rider of a family that claimed descent from a captain of the Northmen in the service of the Kings of Old.”

wow, really good there dain! i think he’s balanced.

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:30 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3Cirion, Noblest of the Stewards Gondor
Companion • Man
Knight. Hunter 1.
Each time a Gondor Man wins a skirmish, you may exert Cirion to exert a minion.
“...in Cirion Eorl saw the highest and noblest man of the world that he knew, and the wisest, on whom sat the majesty of the Kings of Men of long ago.”

Very cool idea. I like the inter-culture stuff. Especially Cirion’s ability. Comboed with Doom Drove Them and Invigorated...
Quote:
2Borondir, Rider of the Last Hope Gondor
Companion • Man
Valiant.
While you can spot a unique Gondor Man and a unique Rohan Man, Borondir’s twilight cost is -1.
While Borondir is mounted, he is strength +1 (or +2 if bearing a Rohan mount).
“...a great rider of a family that claimed descent from a captain of the Northmen in the service of the Kings of Old.”

Sweetness! You could start this guy with Eomer and Faramir/Boromir/Isildur RB! I love the mount stuff, too! I’ve always liked playing Rohan mounts on other companions.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:09 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thanks for the reviews, everyone! Hope you all had a nice Easter in-between all that reviewing. Mr. Green

I didn’t do exactly what he said, but mm’s idea for Cirion inspired me to do something a little different. How’s he look now?

Also, for those who haven’t seen yet, there’s a last-minute poll about possibly continuing with Elven or Rohan tie-ins with Gondor instead of the originally-planned Green Shadow side. Go vote! Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:18 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Quote:
3•Cirion, Noblest of the Stewards Gondor
Companion • Man
Knight. Hunter 1.
Each time a Gondor Man wins a skirmish, you may exert Cirion to exert a minion or remove a threat.

Looks good, but on the first part, why not just say "Each Rohan man is twilight cost -1."? Same effect, but simpler.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
macheteman
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:19 am
Thumbs Up looks good.
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:20 am
AgentDrake wrote:
Quote:
3•Cirion, Noblest of the Stewards Gondor
Companion • Man
Knight. Hunter 1.
Each time a Gondor Man wins a skirmish, you may exert Cirion to exert a minion or remove a threat.

Looks good, but on the first part, why not just say "Each Rohan man is twilight cost -1."? Same effect, but simpler.

Heh. Good catch. Must have been sleepy when I did that. I’ll fix it.

GP for catching that.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:31 am
Dáin’s DC Duos #140

Well unless I pull another two cards out of thin air soon, this will make for the last two Gondor cards in Lasting Alliances. What’s next? That’s for YOU to still decide. Very Happy

Anyway, these cards are of the same theme as yesterday’s, based around the salvation of noble steward Cirion by Eorl and his Éothéod, the event that led to the creation of Rohan. Hope you’re enoyed Gondor...and that you enjoy these too! Smile

2Hallas, Son of Cirion Gondor
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
The twilight cost of each Gondor and Rohan tale is -1.
“The Sindarin names Rohan for the Mark and Rohirrim for the people were devised first by Hallas, son and successor of Cirion, but were often used not only in Gondor but by the Eotheod themselves.”

3Lord of Dol Amroth Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Knight.
While you can spot a unique Gondor Man, Lord of Dol Amroth’s twilight cost is -1.
At the start of each regroup phase, you may exert 2 Gondor Men (or a Gondor knight) to take a Gondor tale into hand from your draw deck.
“They were a family of the Faithful who had sailed from Númenor before the Downfall and had settled in the land of Belfalas...with a stronghold upon the high promontory of Dol Amroth.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

macheteman
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:35 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3Hallas, Son of Cirion Gondor
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
“The Sindarin names Rohan for the Mark and Rohirrim for the people were devised first by Hallas, son and successor of Cirion, but were often used not only in Gondor but by the Eotheod themselves.”

simple and useful Thumbs Up

Companion • Man
Knight.
While you can spot a unique Gondor Man, Lord of Dol Amroth’s twilight cost is -1.
Regroup: Exert 2 Gondor Men (or a Gondor knight) to take a Gondor tale into hand from your draw deck.
“They were a family of the Faithful who had sailed from Númenor before the Downfall and had settled in the land of Belfalas...with a stronghold upon the high promontory of Dol Amroth.”

hmm, powerful. but cool abilities. decent i think.
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3Hallas, Son of Cirion Gondor
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
make him cost 2, I don’t like 3 cost 6 base strength companions Sick

Companion • Man
Knight.
Regroup: Exert 2 Gondor Men (or a Gondor knight) to take a Gondor tale into hand from your draw deck.

make it limit 1. otherwise i can see some evil strategy’s with gondor bowmen
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:30 pm
Done and done. Thanks! Thumbs Up

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards