LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Eowyn, Fair and Cold Rohan
Companion - Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res 4
Each minion skirmishing Eowyn is strength -1.
Each time Eowyn wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion assigned to a Rohan man.
"’like a pale spring morning, still clinging to winter’s chill...’"
make her cost 3.

1 *Eowyn’s Sword, Blade of the Mark Rohan
Possession - Hand Weapon
Str +2
Res +1
Bearer must be Eowyn.
Skirmish: Exert Eowyn to make her strength +2 (limit +2)
Skirmish: Exert Eowyn twice and discard this possession to discard a minion she is skirmishing. Add two threats.
sweet!

1 Great Battle of Our Time Rohan
Event - Skirmish
Make a Rohan companion strength +3 (or +X, where X is the number of minions you can spot, limit 5.)
"’So. It is before the walls of Minas Tirith that the great battle of our time shall be fought.’"

again nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:14 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thanks, everyone. GP as I can. I also changed the title of the thread, because (I might’ve been the only one noticing this,) but it looked almost identical to AC’s DCs. (as opposed to AD DCs)

On the Eowyn, I bumped Str down to 6, but left her resistance and cost the same. (The low resistance is due to some other DCs I’ve been working on. I’ll post them eventually.)

For now, here’s Uruks:

2 *A New Army Uruk-hai
Condition - Support Area
To play, spot an orc and an Uruk-Hai.
While you can spot an [orc] minion, each of your Uruk-hai is strength +1.
Saruman bred the mighty Uruk-Hai to replace the pitiful orcs.

7 *Lurtz, Firstborn Uruk Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 13
Vit 3
Site 5
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
To play, spot 2 Uruk-hai minions.
While skirmishing a man, elf, or dwarf, Lurtz is strength +3.

5 *Uruk Guard Patrol Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 10
Vit 3
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to play a hunter Uruk-hai minion with cost 2 or less from your discard pile.

^This guy’s meant to be some of the Mordor Uruks. Taken with my other DCs, discarding minions from hand is going to be a major strategy for the Uruks.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:13 pm; edited 3 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
1 A New Army Uruk-hai
Condition - Support Area
While you can spot an [orc] minion, each of your Uruk-hai are strength +1.

I think it should be "is" instead of "are". I also think this should cost a little more, and probably be unique.

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 13
Vit 3
Site 5
Damage +1. Enduring. Hunter 2.

A little too much. I’d drop either the ability or the enduring keyword.

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 9
Vit 3
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 3.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to play a hunter Uruk-hai minion with cost (2) or less from your discard pile.

Neat! Make sure to change "(2)" to 2, though. I do that sometimes myself. Razz

Neat cards. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:40 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thanks! Changes made.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:56 am
AgentDrake wrote:
Thanks, everyone. GP as I can. I also changed the title of the thread, because (I might’ve been the only one noticing this,) but it looked almost identical to AC’s DCs. (as opposed to AD DCs)

On the Eowyn, I bumped Str down to 6, but left her resistance and cost the same. (The low resistance is due to some other DCs I’ve been working on. I’ll post them eventually.)

For now, here’s Uruks:

2 *A New Army Uruk-hai
Condition - Support Area

Is it Orc minion or Orc that needs to be spotted. And to do both is kinda difficult simultaneously.

Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 13
Vit 3
Site 5
Damage +1. Hunter 2.

Nice.

Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 9
Vit 3
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 3.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to play a hunter Uruk-hai minion with cost 2 or less from your discard pile.

Nice. Drop the twilight cost.

^This guy’s meant to be some of the Mordor Uruks. Taken with my other DCs, discarding minions from hand is going to be a major strategy for the Uruks.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:48 am
It’s spotting any Orc minion to get the strength bonus, spotting an orc specifically to play.
On the Guard Patrol, the cost is higher because most of the Uruks are going to be cheaper than normal, and adding alot of twilight, so this guy makes up for a little of that.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:56 am
More Uruks to go with them:

2 Advance Uruk Scout Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 7
Vit 2
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Response:
If the fellowship moves, discard this minion from your hand to exert a companion (except the Ring-bearer) or add 1.

3 Advance Attacker Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 8
Vit 2
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Response:
If the fellowship moves, discard this minion from your hand to exert a companion (except the Ring-bearer) or add 1.

4 Advance Warrior Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 9
Vit 2
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Response:

^Only difference between these three are twilight cost, name, and strength.

2 Strength and Numbers Uruk-hai
Condition - Support Area
If there are less than two cards stacked here, each time an Uruk-Hai is about to be discarded from your hand, you may stack that minion here.
Shadow: Play an Uruk-Hai stacked here as if from hand. Then exert that minion or discard this condition.

^I didn’t know if it should be "exert that minion or..." or "exhaust that minion or...." I have exerted at the moment.

0 Tens of Thousands Uruk-hai
Event - Shadow
Play an Uruk-hai minion from your discard pile. It comes into play exhausted.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

2 *A New Army Uruk-hai
Condition - Support Area
nice!

Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 13
Vit 3
Site 5
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
make it just while skirmishing an unbound companion IMO, iand if he is firstborn which uruk-hai minions could he spot? Smile

Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 9
Vit 3
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 3.

cut the hunter 1 and give it base 10 IMO. it just looks better.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:33 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
More Uruks to go with them:

2 Advance Uruk Scout Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 7
Vit 2
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Response:
how about of from play?

3 Advance Attacker Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 8
Vit 2
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Response:
ditto

4 Advance Warrior Uruk-hai
Minion - Uruk-Hai
Str 9
Vit 2
Site5
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Response:
ditto ditto

2 Strength and Numbers Uruk-hai
Condition - Support Area
If there are less than two cards stacked here, each time an Uruk-Hai is about to be discarded from your hand, you may stack that minion here.
Shadow: Play an Uruk-Hai stacked here as if from hand. Then exert that minion or discard this condition.
nice

1 Tens of Thousands Uruk-hai
Event - Shadow
Play an Uruk-hai minion from your discard pile. It comes into play exhausted.

make cost 0.
"DáinIronfoot"
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:28 pm
Been away for a while, but starting again.
NBarden, great to see you again the other day...

Right. So I’ve been making several cards based off other parts of Tolkien’s work, (ie, The Adventures of Tom Bombadil.) Here we have a few minions I just had to make. They’re probably pretty overpowered, but I thought they were cool despite that.

10 *The Mewlips, Haunt of the Marshes Wraith
Minion
Str 14
Vit 5
Site8
Damage +1. Toil 2.
To play, spot three burdens.
While not at a marsh, discard this minion.
While you can spot no other minions, this minion is strength +10, damage +1, and fierce.
"The shadows where the Mewlips dwell / Are dark and wet as ink, / And slow and softly rings their bell, / As in the slime you sink."

13 *Fastitocalon, Aspidochelone Sauron
Minion - Creature
Str 14
Vit 5
Site6
Damage +2.
The move limit for this turn is -1.
While this minion is stacked on a site, when the Fellowship moves to that site, each companion must exert.
Shadow: Remove 5 to stack this minion on a site.
"Whose mighty kindred all have gone..."

And, of course, just for the hey of it:
2 *Bilbo’s Journal, Record of Adventures Shire
Possession
Res +1
Tale.
Bearer must be a ring-bound hobbit.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may add (2) to make each of your ring-bound hobbits strength +1 until the regroup phase.
"’I’ve thought of an ending for my book. ’And he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days.’’"
Last edited by AgentDrake on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards