LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:28 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
elf lvr wrote:
Alright, two uncommons left to do. Let’s get this done.

0 Of Noble Stature Rohan
Condition
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Theoden, Eomer, or Theodred. Bearer gains captain.
Response: If bearer’s resistance becomes 0, discard this condition to remove a burden.
0U126

Nice

1 *Merry, Brave One Rohan
Follower
Vitality: +1
Aid - Add a threat.
Bearer must be a Rohan man.
Each time Merry is transfered from a companion to your support area, exert that companion.
Response: If a captain wins a skirmish, make bearer is strength +1 until the regroup phase.
0U127

if you want to be true to the story i’d say bearer must be eowyn
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:11 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
0 Of Noble Stature Rohan
Condition
Resistance +1
Response: If bearer’s resistance becomes 0, discard this condition to remove a burden.
0U126

I think the response action should instead be a different-phased action (perhaps regroup) that only works when their resistance is up at, like, 6 or more. Rewarding them for having no resistance isn’t a good idea, methinks. Oh, and if it’s not unique, make sure it’s limited to 1 per bearer.

I like the ideas in this card a lot, though.

elf lvr wrote:
Follower
Aid - Add a threat.
Each time Merry is transfered from a companion to your support area, exert that companion.
Response: If a captain wins a skirmish, make bearer is strength +1 until the regroup phase.
0U127

Very, very interesting. The response action needs a little cleaning up...I’d just drop the "is". And instead of "a companion", I think you can say "bearer". Neat card, though. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Alright, two uncommons left to do. Let’s get this done.

0 Of Noble Stature Rohan
Condition
Resistance +1
0U126
nice

Follower
Aid - Add a threat.
Each time Merry is transfered from bearer to your support area, exert that companion.
Response: If a captain wins a skirmish, make bearer strength +1 until the regroup phase.
0U127

the vitality bonus seems relatively worthless. otherwise fine I guess.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:20 pm
Alright, now we’re moving on to Gandalf. This culture focuses on Spells.

4 *Curunir, Head of the White Council Gandalf
Companion * Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 5
If Curunir has resistance 0, place him in the dead pile.
At the start of each of your fellowship phases, you may exert Curunir to take a spell from your discard pile into hand.
Regroup: Exert Curunir three times to remove 2 burdens.
0S32

0 *A Wizard’s Bag of Tricks Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot a Gandalf wizard.
When you play this condition, add a Gandalf token here for each Gandalf wizard you can spot.
Response: If a spell is played, remove two tokens from here or discard this condition to exert a minion.
"That Gandalf always has another trick up his sleeves, I’d reckon."
0S33

2 Flashes, Bangs, and Smoke Gandalf
Event * Response
Spell.
If a spell is played, exert a Gandalf wizard and add 2 threats to return that spell to your hand after its effects have resolved.
He had learned long ago that bangs and smoke were more often the marks of ineptitude than experience.
0S34

3 Weep, Friends Gandalf
Event * Response
If Gandalf is about to take a wound that would kill him, discard 4 cards from hand to discard him instead. Then, make each exhausted companion strength +3 until the regroup phase.
"I will not say: Do not weep; for not all tears are evil."
0R35
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:07 pm; edited 7 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:26 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:
Alright, now we’re moving on to Gandalf. This culture focuses on Spells, and a little bit of the Marshal keyword.

Companion * Wizard
If Saruman has resistance 0, place him in the dead pile.
At the start of each of your fellowship phases, you may exert Curunir to take a spell from your discard pile into hand.
0S32

Very sweet card, EL! I love the new ways this plays with things.
Quote:
0 A Wizard’s Bag of Tricks Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
When you play this condition, add 3 Gandalf tokens here.
Response: If a spell is played, remove a token from here to exert a minion.
0S33

Hmm...make it unique. With Alatar reinforcing and Gandalf from The Hunters, this becomes insanely powerful. It can lead to insta-death for a lot of minions, just by playing a spell. And if Terrible And Evil is used...
Quote:
Event * Response
If a spell is played, spot a Gandalf wizard to return that spell to your hand after its effects have resolved.
He had learned long ago that bangs and smoke were more often the marks of ineptitude than experience.
0S34

Compare to Through Dark Tunnels. Cost it heavier.
Quote:
3 Weep, Friends Gandalf
Event * Response
If Gandalf is about to take a wound that would kill him, discard 4 cards from hand to discard him instead. Then, make each exhausted companion strength +3 until the regroup phase.
0R35

I love it! I love it! Except I think that "Fly, You Fools!" would be a better title.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
macheteman
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:16 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Alright, now we’re moving on to Gandalf. This culture focuses on Spells, and a little bit of the Marshal keyword.

Companion * Wizard
0S32

neat!

Condition * Support Area
Response: If a spell is played, remove a token from here to exert a minion. "That Gandalf always has another trick up his sleeves, I’d reckon."
0S33

um. wow, too powerful. i’d make it remove two tokens.

Event * Response
If a spell is played, exert a Gandalf wizard and add 2 threats to return that spell to your hand after its effects have resolved.
0S34

i’d make this a spell.

3 Weep, Friends Gandalf
Event * Response
0R35

yeah, it works.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:12 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Wizard
0S32

Neat. Not exactly what I would have done with Curunir, but that doesn’t mean this is anything but a very cool card. Smile

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Response: If a spell is played, remove two tokens from here or discard this condition to exert a minion.
0S33

Perhaps change it to "when you play this condition, add a Gandalf token here for each Gandalf Wizard you can spot."

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Response
Spell.
0S34

Neat card. Did you make up that lore? If not, where’s it from?

elf lvr wrote:
3 Weep, Friends Gandalf
Event * Response
0R35

That’s really freakin’ cool.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:36 pm
Dain, I’ll give you a GP just for saying one of my cards was "really freakin’ cool." Laughing

I’ll make the change on A Wizard’s Bag of Tricks.

And, by the way, that lore is from Harry Potter.

I just thought it worked. Mr. Green
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:50 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Dain, I’ll give you a GP just for saying one of my cards was "really freakin’ cool." Laughing

Hey, I just call ’em like I see ’em. Razz

AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:10 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
elf lvr wrote:

Companion * Wizard
0S32

Shouldn’t it be "If Curunir has resistance 0..."?

Neat cards! I especially like Weep, Friends
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards