LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:43 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
--- description ---
this deck for Swarming
--- end description ---

Token/Evil Man Swarm

This deck has been the only deck I have played with for the last 4 months and I am not satisfied with how it has been performing. Especially on the Free Peoples side, so I am putting on this deck list to try and find some suggestions for others cards that would work better that the ones that I have in the deck now, I would greatly appreciate new cards that are suggested because I am thinking about making this updated to new cards.

The basic strategy is to have the minions swarm before my weak Free Peoples side dies. You can obviously see how that is a problem.

Starting companions.

Frodo, Protected by Many
The One ring ATAR
Gimli, Unbidden guest
Legolas, Archer of Mirkwood

This was the start for my strategy. I thought that it would be invincible with exert Gimli to up Legolas then heal Gimli with Legolas’s special ability. I was not as good as I thought, for some reason the rest of the deck doesn’t seem to compliment this combo.

Free Peoples

Token cards
Aragorn Defender of Free Peoples x3
This Is an obvious choice for Token decks

My Axe is notched x2
Final Count x2
The main strategy was to add tokens and remove them with Aragorn.

Stout and Strong
Strength of Arms
More token adding cards

Gewandtheit (the only Agility I have is in German)
Strands of Elven Hair x2
These are to pump Aragorn

Suspended palaces
To heal Gimli with Aragorn

Well crafted armor
This combo with a card that has a Dwarven token on it basically says that every time Gimli is wounded you may heal him.

Heavy Axe
This card works well because of it’s high strength bonus.

Now for the possessions

For Legolas
Legolas’s Sword
Long-Knives of Legolas

For Aragorn
Gondorian Blade
Knights Spear
No real reason to have these in but that they are the only Gondorian possessions that I had on hand.

Hobbit anti-overwhelm
No Worse for Wear or Tear
Hobbit Sword
Bounder

Pumps
Valor x3
Khazad Ai-Menu x2
Best company x2
Awkward Moment
Still needed
Standing tall

Other
Shadow between
The only purpose of this is to rotate hand and as I usually lose most of my skirmishes I am always needing to heal.

This is the pride of my LotR decks. I have beaten many Knight decks. Dwarven NPE decks. Ranger decks and Rohan decks with this. Every win I have was with this minion side. I have had this minion side together for about 6 months, and I have not stopped tweaking it.

minions
Frenzied Dunlending x4
Rampaging Easterling x4
Corsair Champion x2
Legion of Harad x2
Dunlending patriarch x2
Harrying Hillman x1
Now all of these minions have a common theme. The low cost. I have always noticed and been frustrated by lack of twilight. That is the reason I developed this deck. This deck has developed about a half-dozen combos which I will show in a minute.

possessions
Poleaxe x4
War Trident x3
Pavise x2

Conditions
Stragglers x3
Driven from the Plains x2
Harmless

Events
Lying Counsel x2

The most common Combo I have is the Frenzied Dunlending/War Trident combo. This is simple and effective and is the way that I usually win. Another combo that I use is the Harrying Hillman/Poleaxe combo, This is good against choke deck and usually just overpowers the opponent. The most complex combo that I have effectively used is the Corsair Champion/Dunlending Patriarch combo, this works when my opponent plays down possessions, then I reveal Corsair Champion. Now in most situations the opponent will play all of the tokens on the Ring-Bearer because he is the scape-goat. That allows me to play him down for as little as 3-2 twilight. Another variation of this is I have a Legion of Harad, and I end up playing 3 minions for roughly 9 twilight. The swarm is used most effectively with a Rampaging Easterling/Poleaxe swarm. This involves all my high strength minions that usually win. The opponent will sometimes not realizing their blunder even assign the Rampaging Easterling to the ring-bearer, and saying that I had three other minions out there I could make him 12 strength and higher with stragglers. With one stragglers I have made a little Easterling 30 strength and my opponent’s pumped up Ring-bearer had no chance. The Driven from the plains has been used effectively also, as I have the weapons, and I like to trail the opponent to play Plains sites, I can mix up the stragglers and driven from the plains to make a nice little mess for the enemy.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:55 am
Little idea for your token deck.

Run tons of Dwarven tokens for Aragorn to use.

Run Final Count, strength of Arms, gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light. Legolas wins a skirmish, bam. Mass reinforcing.

Use Gimli to pump Legolas high and remove tokens for healing. Basically, remove a Dwarven token to make Legolas strength +2, in a roundabout way.

Focus on reinforcing your Dwarven tokens in any way possible. Use Gimli as the engine to make Legolas a tank and then eventually Aragorn. Consider adding Gandalf, Returned, Alatar, final Envoy, and Not the First Halfling. Crazy reinforcing. Alatar reinforces Not the First Halfling to make gandalf win reinforcing your Dwarven tokens to make Legolas win reinforcing your Elven tokens to make Aragorn win.

Genius, eh?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
fingolfin
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:34 am
Hmmmm, then would I want like Servant of the secret Fire? What cards don’t I need? To put in these suggested cards in?

This was exactly what I was looking for. How can I improve my mininons?

-GP

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
your minion side isn’t your problem, its your freeps. only problem is gandi is 15 bucks. but NB is right that would kill.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:19 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
fingolfin wrote:
Hmmmm, then would I want like Servant of the secret Fire? What cards don’t I need? To put in these suggested cards in?

This was exactly what I was looking for. How can I improve my mininons?

-GP

Probably A Wizard is Never Late x2 and one Gandalf, returned..
There really is no way to make your shadow better
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
fingolfin
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:56 pm
OK, does anybody want to donate a Gandalf returned to a good cause Laughing Well, I look for one anyway.

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded