LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:53 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Here’s the rest of the DCs...I’ll post the RP post later today.

DainIronfoot wrote:
2 Steel Battle Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven skirmish event with a twilight cost of (X) from hand to make bearer gain hunter X (minimum 1). Limit once per skirmish.
A traditional double-bladed weapon, the result of generations of craft.

I like this weapon, nice and simple. +2 boost, damage +1. All very dwarf-like. And then the ability...I really think it’s underpowered. If you take a look at all the Dwarven skirmish events out there...really, how many cost more than 1? Counts But One is the only one, I think.

I’d personally rather use Run Until Found, since that doesn’t discard the event. Looking at it from a practical standpoint, why discard Flurry of Blows to gain a +1 pump, when you can use it for potential +4 strength? The cost will probably get cut down a bit.
legoles3333 wrote:
1 Blade from Long Ago
Strength: +1
Skirmish Exert Bearer to make him gain Hunter 2 until the start of the regroup phase.

A good, simple concept, just a little too powerful to have a Hunter 2 bonus for a single exertion, especially on a 1 possession. But Hunter 1 would do nicely.
AnonymousProdigy wrote:
1 Sword of Ithilien Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
Skirmish: If bearer is a ranger, exert bearer to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -X, where X is the number of roaming minions you can spot (limit -3).

I’ve got to say, I like this weapon! That’s a very cool ability to have, and the flexibility of this weapon is good.
Eomer3rdMarshal wrote:
1 Scout’s Knife Elven
Strength +1
Each wounded minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
Each minion skirmishing bearer at a forest site is strength -1.
Heavy weaponry is not needed by Thranduil’s elite.

If it seems overpowered, remove the strength +1...

Well...I’m not sure how to take the power level of this weapon. It could definitely get very powerful, but I think dropping that +1 strength should justify it.
macheteman wrote:
2 Blade of Dale Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man or Rorin.
While you can spot a Gandalf follower, bearer is strength +1.
While bearer is Ryle, shadow cards may not discard this possession.
And finding himself without weapon, Rorin drew forth the sword, and smote the encircling goblins while Ryle was still lost in the dark of unconsciousness.

Couple notes: this possession ties in few ideas about the character Ryle, first it expounds on the relationship between Ryle and Rorin, the lore depicting the scene where Rorin saves Ryles life. Second, it ties in with the Gandalf culture in an interesting way, because the men of dale were very close with the birds. Obviously the text that keys on Ryle is there to keep him from losing vitality by preventing the possession from being discarded, but it also ties in with what Ryle says to Curubethion at the prancing pony.

Okay, I really, really like this weapon, but I’m not sure how to take it as a non-unique possession. But I suppose it can fly. Just change that first bit of text to include any dwarf. After all, why restrict it to Rorin? And I think I’ll drop the strength bonus to +1.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:00 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
AnonymousProdigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Skirmish: If bearer is a ranger, exert bearer to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -X, where X is the number of roaming minions you can spot (limit -3).

I’ve got to say, I like this weapon! That’s a very cool ability to have, and the flexibility of this weapon is good.

Thanks, CG. Very Happy

Looking forward to the RP post! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
All right, it’s time for me to present...the final versions of your weapons!

So first, the weapon I liked the most, and the one I’ve decided to bonus:
BattleWarg:
2 Shirriff Sword Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
While you can spot a Shire follower, each unbound companion is resistance +1.
Skirmish: Return a Shire follower borne by bearer to your support area to make each companion not assigned to a skirmish strength +1 until the end of the turn.
Used to defend the Shire, the swords of the shiriffs were recognized on sight.

And the rest, in no particular order...

EL:
2 Elven Heavy Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be an elf.
Skirmish: If you have initiative, discard two cards from hand to exert a minion skirmishing bearer.
"A bit heavier than I expected. Are you sure it won’t slow you down?"

AgentDrake:
1 Serpentine Axe Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Rohan man.
While bearer is skirmishing a wounded minion, he or she is damage +1.
The weapons of the Rohirrim were richly made.

NBarden:
2 Dunedain Blade Gondor
Possessions • Hand Weapon
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a ranger.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make each minion skirmishing bearer lose hunter and unable to gain hunter until the regroup phase.
Thus had Duinihir’s blade been forged, in Ranger fashion, but of Elven craftsmanship.

SoP:
2 Elven Longsword Elven
Possession • Hand weapon
Bearer must be an elf. Each non-unique minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1. Each unique minion skirmishing bearer cannot use skirmish special abilities.

Dain:
2 Steel Battle Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven skirmish event with a twilight cost of (X) from hand to make bearer gain hunter X (minimum 1). Limit once per skirmish.
A traditional double-bladed weapon, the result of generations of craft.

Legoles:
1 Blade from Long Ago
Skirmish Exert Bearer to make him gain Hunter 1 until the start of the regroup phase.

AP:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Eomer:
1 Scout’s Knife Elven
Each wounded minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
Each minion skirmishing bearer at a forest site is strength -1.
Heavy weaponry is not needed by Thranduil’s elite.

Macheteman:
2 Blade of Dale Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man or a Dwarf.
While you can spot a Gandalf follower, bearer is strength +1.
While bearer is Ryle, shadow cards may not discard this possession.
And finding himself without weapon, Rorin drew forth the sword, and smote the encircling goblins while Ryle was still lost in the dark of unconsciousness.

~~Site 2: Deadman’s Dike~~
Curubethion nodded, looking at the weapons. "Excellent. Now, come outside with your weapons-we have a long way to travel. I have come here on an errand of sorts, you see. Follow me closely, you wouldn’t want to get lost. Where we’re going isn’t a very nice place."

The heros looked at each other as Curubethion left the Pony, then quickly followed behind. He didn’t look back, but instead adjusted his sword and fixed his glance on the outside. It was night, now. He shivered slightly, adjusting his cloak. For he knew exactly the place where they were headed. A place steeped in fear. Deadman’s Dike, said to be haunted with spirits...and with fouler creatures.

He laughed to himself. "The ancient fortress of Fornost. No, the Dúnedain do not fear this place. They do not fear it at all..."

He didn’t speak a word to the heros, satisfied that they were walking onward. When they had left Bree, he turned around, and they stopped. His face grew somber. "I’d like to tell you all right now, this task that I need you for will be very dangerous. It is possible that not all of you will live. I’d like your word right now that, if you wish to continue, you will not desert, but will stay with us when the darkest troubles come."

He waited for all of them to swear, and then he continued. "Good. Now, listen carefully to me, for your life depends on it. I have called you to serve on a quest, on which you will meet many perils. Most of these perils, I have not even known. I can’t tell you what we will meet. Only, be ready. Are you with me?"

There was a resounding cheer, and Curubethion nodded. This party would succeed. If they stayed together, and fought it out.

~~~

The mist slowly wisped over the ruins of old buildings, and Curubethion called a halt. The party slowly clustered around him, looking nervously ouj at the darkness nearby. He got down, and began to stack up wood. In an instant, he had kindled a fire, and taken a single brand out of it to use as a torch. Curubethion looked around at the rest of the party.

"Now, this is the first thing I need you to do. We need more wood, because a small fire won’t be enough for all of us. And we need a fire to help drive off dark creatures. You each take a brand, and go out to search for some more firewood. Go in pairs. I’ll stay here to guard the fire. Rorin and Ryle, you go together in...that direction. Duinhir and Adalard, that way. Tuilin and Ectheow, that direction. Dirthon and Celebthir, this way. Legoles and Silvarin, you’ll go up that way. Be cautious, be wary."

They nodded, and departed, flames vanishing into the darkness. And as they vanished from sight, he heard a wailing howl in the darkness. And he looked up. The fire would protect him, it was large enough. But the others...

~~Challenge: Defeat the Wargs!~~
Each pair of heros faces two minions. They will have to face a fearsome attack from each one...and any injury they suffer will impair them.

4 Twisted Warg Wraith
Minion • Warg
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
Site: 3
Damage +1. Fierce.

3 Snapping Warg Wraith
Minion • Warg
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Site: 3
Fierce.
Skirmish:
Exert this minion to make it strength +3.

And yes, you can assume that the minion will be using its ability when it can.

You are allowed to take one course of action: you are going to make a Skirmish Event DC. This DC can have any effect that you desire, but it can cost no more than 1. Post your RP post, then post your DC and a short description about how you and your partner handle the minions. You can coordinate by PM if you wish.

Party Status (including modifiers):
AgentDrake-Ectheow: 8/3/6-healthy
AP-Dirthon: 8/3/7-healthy
BattleWarg-Adalard: 6/4/9-healthy
Dain-Rorin: 7/3/6-healthy
Dain-Ryle: 4/6/8-healthy
EL-Silvarin: 8/3/7-healthy
Eomer-Celebthir: 6/3/7-healthy
Legoles-Legoles: 7/3/7-healthy
NBarden-Duinihir: 8/3/8-healthy
SoP-Tuilin: 7/3/7-healthy

Curubethion: 7/4/8-healthy
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 am
No Flaming Brand for us to wield? Bummer.

Duinihir crept away from the fire with Adalard to gather wood. After an hour of tireless searching and stockpiling, Duinihir spied a warg in the distance. Creeping towards the warg, Duinihir waited for his moment and sprang in front of the warg. The Warg snapped at him, but Duinihir caught the mouth of the warg with the flat of his sword. Suddenly, another warg sprang towards Adalard, and Adalard was soon engaged in a sharp skirmish.

The warg, sensing that it was losing the battle, redoubled its efforts and began to beat Duinihir back bit by bit. With a swift motion, Duinihir stabbed his prey furiously between his forelegs. Already exhausted from its efforts, the warg staggered backwards and collapsed dead on the ground. Duinihir regained his feet to watch a weakened warg turn from Adalard towards him.

1 Furious Blow Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Exert a ranger to wound a roaming minion skirmishing him once (or twice if that ranger has resistance 7 or more).
Calm and collected, Duinihir stabbed the warg forcefully in the neck.

Duinihir, 8/3/8 pass.
Snapping Warg, 7/3/3 exert to make strength +3, 10/3-1/3
Duinihir, 8/3/8 play Furious Blow, wound a roaming minion twice, Warg dies. 8/3-1/8

BW will post his skirmish then I’ll wrap up.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:22 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Legoles had gone for a couple of hours and now had a nice pile of wood when he heard a warg howl, "great," he thought, he yelled a warning to Silvarin and started backing towards the camp when out of nowhere a warg jumped at him, he fell backward as the warg clawed at his arm, then jumped away as it pounced and then slashed it across the back, it howled then ran away licking it’s wounds he then jumped up, but there was no sign of Silvarin.

1 Elven Reflexes Elven
Event - Skirmish
exert an elf twice (or once if skirmishing a roaming minion) to prevent all wounds to him until the start of the regroup phase.

Legoles - Play Elven Reflexes
Twisted Warg - Pass
Legoles - Pass
Final
Twisted Warg 9/2/3
Legoles 7/3-1/7
Last edited by legoles3333 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:04 am; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:14 am
Adalard was fast at work, gathering the wood before he brought them back. Wandering in a close area, he leaned down to pick the smaller branches up.
Behind him, the Warg prepared to pounce as the small, fat creature stopped moving. It leapt for the torso, just as Adalard lost his balance. The Wargs claws got into Adalard’s shirt, but the pair rolled forward and the wolf was flung to the ground. At Adalard’s height, it didn’t hurt him, but it did throw him off slightly.
Adalard picked himself up and drew his sword as the Warg charged. Adalard used his sword to keep the warg back, until it decided that this ’easy prey’ wasn’t worth the effort, seeing that there was another who had just been in a fight, and should be weaker.

1 Lucky Prey Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion skirmishing a Hobbit strength -1 (or, if that minion is a Wraith minion, strength -2) until the regroup phase.
Bending down to collect wood, Adalard seemed an easy target, but for the ranger approaching the Warg.

Adalard - 6/4/9, play Lucky Prey
Twisted Warg - 9-2/2/3, pass
Adalard - 6/4/9, pass - skirmish ends, is wounded twice to 6/4-2/9

Onto fierce, NB
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:32 am
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
Celebthir and Dirthon had exhausted most of the fallen wood in the area and wandered slightly apart. Then Celebthir felt a tingle in his spine, his intiuitive Elven senses warning him of impending peril.
Turning, he saw two dark forms rushing towards Dirthon. Calling a low warning, he took cover and snapped off a shot with his ever-ready bow towards the nearer one. Growling, it raced towards him and pounced. Rolling sideways to avoid the force, Celebthir stabbed the warg through the neck and wiped his knife off on the grass. Then he took off at a run to aid his partner.

1 Knife-work Elven
Event*Skirmish
Exert an Elven archer to wound a minion he is skirmishing. Unless that minion is killed, make that Elf strength +2 until the regroup phase.
The veterans of Mirkwood combined knife and bow into one unstoppable battle sequence.

Celebthir will attack whichever warg is wounded by his arrow. Knife-work kills Twisted Warg or allows Celebthir to beat Snapping Warg in a skirmish and kill him.

?? Warg - Dead
Celebthir - 6 (or 8 )/3-1/7
Last edited by Eomer3rdMarshal on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total"Forth Eorlingas!"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:55 am
Separating from Celebthir, Dirthon had managed to find a good amount of dry wood in the area. After picking up as much as he could carry, he carefully walking through the thick bracken, trying to find Celebthir and the rest of the party.

He heard cries from Celebthir and began to walk faster. Stepping over a fallen tree, he noticed two gleaming points of light in the bushes in front of him. Dropping the wood that he was carrying, he drew his sword. A Warg sprang from the foliage before him. He swung his blade, but his stroke went wide, and the beast’s teeth tore into his shoulder.

Dirthon, 8/3/3 pass.
Snapping Warg exerts, 10/3-1/3.
Dirthon takes a wound (8/3-1/3).

The Warg spun around and rushed toward Dirthon again, but this time he was ready.

1 Sword Strike Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor companion bearing a hand weapon strength +3 and damage +1 (and gain hunter 1 if skirmishing a roaming minion).

Dirthon raised his sword and brought it down on the head of the charging beast. With a yelp, the hideous creature fell dead at his feet.

Dirthon, 8/2/3. Plays Sword Strike. Dirthon, 12/2/3 and damage +1.
Snapping Warg takes 2 wounds and is killed.
Dirthon, 8/2/3. Skirmish over.

In spite of his injured shoulder, Dirthon picked up what wood he could still carry and stumbled through the bracken. He paused, hearing a sound in the trees. A figure loomed in front of him.

"Peace, my friend. It is only me." Celebthir had spoken.

"It is good to see you," said Dirthor. "A Warg came upon me. I was hurt on my shoulder, but I slew him."

Celebthir grimaced as he noticed Dirthor’s bloody shoulder.

"Come," he said. "I will take you to the others, and then we will tend to your wound."
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
EDIT: Decided to take this offline. My reply will be up later.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:51 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Ectheow had moved off away from Tuilin, and was hacking away at a dead log with his axe when the first warg appeared.
It howled, and other wargs called back.
"Bloody wolves," Ectheow grunted, and heaved his axe up. He stepped forward to attack the warg, when behind him he heard the grunt of another which had been about to turn him into a meal before Tuilin’s arrow slammed into the first beast’s side.
"Thank the Vala for elves," Ectheow laughed sarcastically, charging the first warg, and leaving the second snapping after thin air as Tuilin ran to his aid.

1 Reckless Combat Rohan
Event - Skirmish
Exert a Rohan man bearing a hand weapon to make him or her strength +2 and exert a minion.

Archery - hits Twisted Warg
Ectheow (skirmishing Twisted Warg) plays Reckless Combat to exert Snapping Warg.
Ectheow Str 10 vs. Twisted Warg’s 9, wins 1st skirmish.

Ectheow - 8/2/6; 1 wound
Tuilin - 7/3/7; healthy
Snapping Warg - 7/2/3; exerted by RecklessCombat, vs Tuilin
Twisted Warg - 9/0/3; (killed by 1 archery and losing skirmish)

I’ll let SoP post before we go to fierce.

Edited to make sense with SoP’s stuff.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards