LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
gil-estel
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
He you guys! I’ve discovered your site and I was pleasently surprised..loads of information, active response and so I’m here for some advice. I’m doubting between two options..the first is Gandalf men with trolls, the second is Elvtelepathy with besiegers...two possible/fun besiegers shadows..so please take a look and give me advice!!

Starting:
Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation 13R33
The one Ring, Ring of Rings 11R1
Jarnsmid, Barding Emissary 12R30
Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion 13C29

Adventure Deck
hmmm, I’m a bit lazy, so pick your own. I know there are a few working very well with Gandalf ánd, not te forget, manage the presure of burdens

Free Peoples
Ghân-Buri-Ghân, Chieftain of the Woses 0P56
Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain 14R6
Brand, King of Dale 14R5
Erland, Dale Counselor 11R30
Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood 10R18 2x
Pallando, Far-travellng one 13R37
Radagast, Tender of Beasts 13R38
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer 11R35 2x
Gandalf’s Staff, Ash-Staff 11R34
Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed 11u40 2x
Terrible and Evil 7R50 2x
Saved from the Fire 8R20 4x
The Flame of Anor 13u31 4x
Watch and Wait 12R35 2x
G for Grand 11s32 4x

Shadow
Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast(s) 12R105 3x
Ordnance Grunt 13R117 2x
Tower Troll 15R117 2x
Beastly Olog-Hai 11R108 2x
Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace 12R85 3x
Porter Troll 11R135 4x
Horor of Harad 14R13
Vicious Warg 17C92 4x
Orc Spear 12C96 4x
Enemy Upon Enemy 13U106
Goblin Hordes 11R123 2x
Forced March 13R108
Spurred to Battle 11U139 2x

Okay, a few things first. I submit it as a fundeck, but a know the rarecount is somewhat high and not fun at all. Fun is a tricky thing, it’s a mather of opinion. What’s fun? Fun is,imho, to make mashed-fellowship from those who do not know troll-swarm. Fun, imho, is Gandalf Ringbearer assisted by all his hubbies from the book. So this, all together, is my humble opinion of fun.
It’s been a while since I added something to decktech, but with an overall backdraw of decks being added, I thought I should add once again.
The fellowship is pretty tough to beat. It has a potential te be strong, in the most positive fellowship gandalf is str. 13, Treebeard 16, Grimbeorn does his thing (not too difficult with a few strong Trolls around), there is conditionremoval, burdencontrol -very important- I can play a few skirmish events, there is a comp, who can be defender +1, AND I can filter some cards with SftF. It’s a small deck, 31-31, so keycards should be around pretty fast. So again, the fellowship should be able to survive.
The shadow should be able to hurt people. With an amazing Warg, Troll’s Keyward is a beast. Keeper of not only the beast from Moria, but from all over Middle Earth. It’s a nice thought. The spear is an extra strength bonus, plus it add’s twilight with all the expensive dudes around. Spurred into Battle also add’s twiligth, so with a little luck, you should be able to play a few trolls, hit a few people and do it again in a next turn. EuE makes you able to stack the Keyward and makes it cheap the next time, Forced March can be even more lethal and Goblin Hordes gives you back the trolls, you might be able to use against their fellowship.

The second deck
...not sure if they match..numberwise. But with a few changes I can make it work

Galadriel, bearer of wisdom 9r+13
The one Ring, Ring of rings 11r1 Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath 9r+16 Celeborn the Wise 13r11 1x

Gandalf Manager of Wizards 7r37 4x
Elrond, Witness to History 12r17 1x
Cirdan, the shipwright 10r8 2x
Arwen, fair Elf maiden 0p28 1x
Forearmed 6u16 4x
Alliance reforged 4r58 2x
Final shot 13c14 3x
Company of archers 4r61 3x
Traveled leader 12c34 2x
Glamdring, Foe Hammer 11r35 1x
Brooding on tomorrow 10u15 1x
Glimpse of faith 10u12 2x
Wells of deep memory 13u27 1x
Nenya, ring of adamant 9r20 2x
Lembas 4r75 2x
Farewell of Lorien11c19 1x
Roll of thunder 4u99 1x

I wanted a fellowship that didn’t rely on possesions or conditions. They can be discarded to benefit the opponent and that is not my idea of nice game of lotr. Then my eye fell on elf telepathy. It met all the requirements! I could run! I was able to discard pesky conditions and most of all I was able to win skirmishes. And so I did. Celeborn is GOLD! getting back forearmed is just great. The deck is too big and corsairs don’t fit the pointy-eared couple. I want to down-size the deck and I could use some good advise on furter development. So please be constructive...(don’t even know if it’s a proper english word! I hope you all know what I mean Very Happy)

shadow numberrrrrrrrrr one
gorgoroth attacker 4x
gorgoroth troop 3x
gorgoroth officer
gorgoroth assassin
siege troop 3x
orc fighter 3x
sauron lord of the rings
troop tower 4x
gothmogs warg 3x
above the battlement(AtB)4x
ithil stone 2x
morgai
din of arms 2x
beaten back
grond
encirclement

shadow numberrrrrrrrrr two
gorgoroth assassin 2x
siege troop 3x
orc fighter 3x
sauron lord of the rings
troop tower 4x
gothmogs warg 3x
ithil stone 2x
morgai
din of arms 2x
beaten back 3x
grond
encirclement
gothmog 3x
southron archer 4x
tower walkway 1x
desert lord

I must see if the different site match,
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
wait...r u trying to figure out which sides to use? if so it would be helpful if we could have some meta information...sauron should be cut IMHO eh will normally just clog your hand...if you like playing lots of biggies go for troll engine decktype
I would use your telepathy deck.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:40 pm
Yeah, What you play depends on your meta. If one side doesn’t work well, try the other.

About the Troll deck. Are you considering Relentless Warg to put on troll’s keyward? Could add more twilight.

Maybe one more Goblin Hordes would work.

Cool decks! Applause
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:59 pm
I recommend Gandalf men with Barliman Butterbur, Red-Faced Landlord and tons of followers. That’s my current deck, it sets up fast, and kills.

Oh, BTW, you need to pack Armor with Gandy men. Not the best healing.

I recommend running Erland in the starting fellowship instead of Dasron.

And where’s Guidance of the Istari?
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:03 pm
Here’s my current deck, BTW

Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles

Brand, King of Dale
Barliman Butterbur, Red-faced Landlord

Gandalf, Leader of the Company x 2
Erland, Dale Counselor x 2
Ghan-buri-Ghan, Chieftain of the Woses x 2
Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain

Meneldor, Misty Mountain Eagle x 2
Radagast, Tender of Beasts
Alatar, Final Envoy x 2
Pallando, Far-travelling One

Hobbit Sword

Strange Meeting x 4
Traveler’s Homestead x 2

For a While Less Dark x 4
Guidance of the Istari x 4
The Flame of Anor x 2
A Wizard Is Never Late

You can use your Gandalf, BoO if you want, you should be able to discard the necessary cards. With all the events and recursion with Erland, discarding two cards isn’t a problem.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
gil-estel
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:14 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Great reply’s y’all, very helpfull. About the meta, not easy to say. The guys I’m playing against I do not realy know. The few times I played against them I saw a minimum of conditionremoval, so that can be helpful.
I do think I’m going for the telepathy/besieger combo. I like to take control of the sites and play my southron archers...It’s like an addiction Razz ..tons of arrows combined with Gothmog...I just like it..
About the other decks. I’m a few sets behind..Hunters and RoS are not mine yet. So relentless warg..not mine. Therefore I’m working with vicious warg...also a dirty basterd .
About the other decks: why dasron? because I can burn him! Thats why....I need a fast set-up because without help, the petit men aren’t too strong. Guidance of the istari....it’s coming my way, as is Barliman.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded