LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:41 pm
The best scene in terms of gruesomeness, gore, violence, blood, etc., etc. is when Gothmog orders the Orc to "release the prisoners" and the Orc yells "catapults" and the heads of the Gondorians from Osgiliath start flying over the walls. Cool

The best ungrusome, ungory, unviolent, and unblood, un.etc., un.etc. is when catapults of Minas Tirith and the Orcs’ catapults are exchanging boulders when suddenly the camera zooms in to one catapult, the music quickens, the massive stone is thrown, and it heads straight for Gothmog. The camera pans back (please note Gothmog’s fine fur coat) and the stone nearly crushes Gothmog before he jumps out the way, then spits upon the stone. Then out of the skies the Nazgul come, tearing apart the clouds with their terrible shrieks.
I had to put something here.
Gagnut
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:45 am
I love the part where denethor catches on fire and then he falls of of minas tirith, is zooms out.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:55 pm
That is a cool scene. If any Rohirrim, Orcs, or whatwever saw that, I wonder what would go through their mind?

"Ouch."
"Hey, my turn!"
"Boy, so much for firing flaming humans at us!"
Treebeard13
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:34 pm
Being a fanatic about the books I really liked how well some of the places were brought to life. The incredible attention to details. Tops on my list would be the first views of Minas Tirith, Isengard, Rivendell, Barad-dur, The Shire and Lothlorien. I think Peter Jackson and crew did a great job with those. I guess add Edoras and Helm’s Deep and the Mines of Moria. Don’t suppose there’s too much left. Except for some aspects of Lothlorien these seem to follow very closely with the book.
fingolfin
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:42 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Yes, I have read the trilogy 3 times the hobbit 4 and the silmarilion 1 1/2 and I have to say I was devastated to not see the hobbit archers or Tom Bombidil Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
donimator
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:14 am
I liked Theoden’s speech before the Rohirrim charged into Pelennor Fields. I was glad they used the original text of the book instead of having him paraphrase to limit the head-scratching Think
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:23 pm
I’m a really big LotR (and most soundtracks from good movies) buff. Therefore my favorite scenes revolve around the music. I love the soaring swelling music after the beacons are lit. Definitely not the way it happened in the book, but made for great cinematography. One of my other favorite parts is when Sam and Frodo are on the rock after destroying the ring thinking about the shire. "Rosie Cotton dancing. If I was to marry anyone, it would have been her." Probably helps that I’m a hopeless romatic.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:40 pm
Tou gottah love the soundtrack.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:15 pm
Gagnut wrote:
Tou gottah love the soundtrack.

Same here.
ingold55
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:50 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
want to get the soundtrack. just don’t know where to find it. Sad
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion