LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Time for Food?

5 (Best)  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

30%
  [ 3 ]  30%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

1 (Worst)  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Total Votes : 10
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Gone are the days where Decipher printed cards like Anarion, Elrohir, and Elladan in order to promote skirmish events. Wink

This is a nice balanced card, since not too many Shadow decks use skirmish events. But I don’t think it’s a good idea to discourage those decks, since they quite often are not tournament worthy and don’t need the hate.

This card is a nice security against a Red Wrath or a similar nasty skirmish event, but it can also clog up your hand pretty bad if they don’t play any events. One tip to help cure that is to play your own skirmish event and then cancel it, but only do this if the skirmish event wouldn’t help you that turn.

Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:53 pm
It’s pretty good. It has to be held in hand ’till you can use it, and it’s not a game-breaking card. Shadows don’t often revolve around events. But it is a good backup against Sting of Shelob or Violent Hurl.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:16 pm
Sting of Shelob is a regroup event, this only works with skirmish events.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:22 pm
Oh wow, my bad. This is actually pretty balanced then.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:24 pm
Fair, but I don’t see it as being very useful. Not many Shadow decks focus on skirmish events.

A 3 from me. Neutral

I’d get as skinny as Smeagol if I ate catfish that small! Razz Honestly, Smeagol, catch a bigger fish! Rolling Eyes
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:47 am
I think this deserves a 4 as i liked the board is set and was eager to see more "cancel" cards. This is free and unstoppable, very sweet counter.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
yerkamig
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:01 am
This could work well with Not Alone to keep your hand from clogging. But with Connected by Fate out I don’t know if we need more event protection. 3
corvus
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:12 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
What a blasphemy. Strength of Kings seems now not as epic.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:10 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
4. Not very often you get such a universal way to shut down skirmish events. And it costs nothing!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit