LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:58 pm
i need a new shadow for one of my decks. the freeps is very strong and I am going to post it here but it is not that great when it comes to running. So, I need a strong shadow to go with it and I would like to use some of the new strats considering I have been out of the game for about three months.
Here is the fellow side it is going with and thanks for your help.

Fellowship (37):

Starting:
*The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
*Frodo, Weary From The Journey
1x *Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
1x *Merry, Swordthain
1x *Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
1x *Smeagol, Always Helps

Draw Deck:
1x *Aragorn, Thorongil
3x *Faramir, Wizard’s Pupil
2x Rohirrim Guard
2x *Hardy Garrison
2x Birthday Present
4x Home and Hearth
4x Shadowplay
4x One Good Turn Deserves Another
4x Unheeded
2x *Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow
1x *Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
2x *Anduril, Sword that was Broken
2x Rider’s Mount
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:04 am
What r the stars for next to some of the cards?

Here is a really strong deck using one of the current strategies that i use with rohan:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3746

Since then ive edited it a bit and now looks like this (ive also trimmed it down to match ur freeps to 37):

4x Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings
3x Pavise
3x Countless Companies
2x Grima footman of saruman

4x Orkish Lackey
3x Orkish Smith
3x Goblin Hordes
4x Unforgiving Depths
3x Black Land Chieftain
4x Expendable Servants
4x Great Cost

I found you didnt particularly need Bill, and adding grima is just evil when your lackeys kill off someone in the maneuver and black land chieftan’s threats trigger, it gets messy.

Or this:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=65848#65848

is another from the current meta that seems to be quite strong when i play it (also trimmed to 37 to match your deck):

3x Goblin Hordes
4x Orc Artisan
4x Mordor Aggressor
4x Orc Spear
3x Orkish Smith
4x Unforgiving Depths
2x Beasts of Burden
4x Scavenging Goblins
2x Champion Orc
2x Retribution
2x Coordinated Effort
2x Unreasonable Choice
1x Black Land Chieftain

Your site line is imperative on this one as it needs to battlegrounds or undergrounds which you can control using unforgiving depths. Otherwise the artisan doesnt add 4 when you play the spear so you cant get out as much. Using the artisan and a scavenger or 2 from goblin hordes, can get you out the aggressor with a weapon then toil the champion orcs out and you have a fair few large sweet minions for not much pool.

If you wanted to make this deck unpleasant add forced march somewhere (i refuse to do this as its horrible) and then you’ll really reek havoc.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:28 pm
well i found one for that deck but I still need another shadow and it needs to be forty cards and be able to go well with the new elven hunters so help is much appreciated.
MySpace
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oooo 40 cards? maybe some sort of swarm...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:11 pm
yeah I was thinking I might try the evil men swarm thing but I haven’t really ever liked the evil men lol.
MySpace
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its broken...and if you have money to blow I would do it.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:38 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Here’s a pretty good and inexpensive 42-card shadow which could be trimmed pretty easily:

Corsair Plunderer x4
Dark Tidings x2
Desert Runner x4
Desert sneak x4
Desert Scout x4
Field of the Fallen x2
Harsh Tongues x4
New Strength Came Now x4
Red Wrath x4
Rout x4
Suzerain of Harad x2
Under foot x4

The theory is that you use Harsh Tounges and the Plunderer to get initiative, then use Rout to throw exertions everywhere. Then your minions can’t be assigned to exhausted companions, or else the companion will be killed (thus leaving the minion once again unassigned.) Red Wrath takes out dangerous companions, and helps to set up Field of the Fallen. Under foot gets more cards into hand. Just about every one is ambsuh, so you should have enough twilight to play Red Wrath; if not discard with the plunderer.
New Strength came now is a +6 pump, which is fun.

edit: Someday I need to learn how to spell "tongues"...
Last edited by AgentDrake on Tue May 01, 2007 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:39 pm
well prices don’t matter cuz I am making it for the program which shall not be mentioned.
MySpace
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:38 pm
Rampaging Easterling x 4
Pirate Cutthroat x 2
Courageous Easterling x 4
Bold Easterling x 4
Easterling Scout x 3
Column of Easterlings x 4
Armored Easterling x 2

Stragglers x 4
Caravan From the South x 4
Last Days x 3

Pavise x 3

Twisted Evil

Play minions like crazy with Last Days and Courageous Easterling / Bold Easterling / Easterling Scout. Kill a companion or two with Armored Easterling (damage +1) and Stragglers on a couple Rampaging Easterling, and finish them off with the fierce.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:58 pm
WitchKingBlkCapt wrote:
well prices don’t matter cuz I am making it for the program which shall not be mentioned.

oh M_H shall punish you very severly Wink
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard