LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Shield of the White Tree?

5 (Best)  
12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

18%
  [ 3 ]  18%

50%
  [ 8 ]  50%

12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

1 (Worst)  
6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

Total Votes : 16
AdultLink
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:43 pm
Does anyone besides me HATE the stupid lore that D puts on so many of the new cards. If you can’t find a line from the book or movie, I say just leave it blank! They come up with some really stupid lores... I mean, does that shield look like it has silver on it? Not to me, it looks like a hardy iron-tipped shield, to me.
Haves/Wants
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:53 pm
Does anyone else realize that this shield can basically give you a free reconcile? That’s pretty handy for a double-move.

AdultLink wrote:
Does anyone besides me HATE the stupid lore that D puts on so many of the new cards. If you can’t find a line from the book or movie, I say just leave it blank! They come up with some really stupid lores... I mean, does that shield look like it has silver on it? Not to me, it looks like a hardy iron-tipped shield, to me.

I know, it’s absolutely awful. RoS was pretty bad too. Just look at the lore from White Hand Attacker (the T&D one, not the one that is linked to): "The Uruk-hai army stopped and and growled in anticipation of upcoming battle." Eh?
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:16 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Interesting...remember Change of Plans from FOTR?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:47 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Does anyone else realize that this shield can basically give you a free reconcile? That’s pretty handy for a double-move.

It says each opponent AC not you as well, if it did it for you as well it would be a 5. Im giving it 3 though as its a risky thing to attempt.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:13 am
Quote:
It is balanced, culturally enforced and does something (almost) new and exciting.

That’s true, but it doesn’t make it that useful, though it is a nice change to see a card from T&D that is not blatantly overpowered or that does absolutely nothing! 3

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AdultLink wrote:
great shield = now worthless (unless you plan on playing great shield on a Gandalf or Rohan man)

what happened to never make a card that completely overshadows a previously made card? Wink of course it could hurt you too...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheHobbit13
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:04 pm
what a worthless card
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:07 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
... Laughing

I’m sorry, but I just find this funny.
Archery reduction is getting a bunch of 3s. Meanwhile, people are complaining about Frenzy of Arrows.
(I know, its still broken, but hey. These are -1 archery each, and you don’t have to use the ability.) Its still not good, but that just seems rather ironic.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Piecesofeight
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:12 pm
If a crappy card slightly hurts a good one, it doesnt make that card good.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:13 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I know. I just thought it was funny. Its still not that great.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit