LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
legoles3333
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Legoles was worried, he could hit anything physical but it appeared that in this mission, they would be also dealing with the supernatural, that was, frightening to say the least, he wonderd briefly what cerubethion’s involvment in this was, why were they here? what was he afraid of? why had the spectres gone directly to him instead of spreading out, it was to much, he slumped against a tree and wished for answers

1 Legoles’ bow, Weapon of Power Elven
Str +1
Bearer must be an elf. Archery Exert Bearer to add 1 to the fellowship archery total (limit once per turn).
Last edited by legoles3333 on Wed May 16, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:03 am
Dirthon gazed at the hideous creature that lay dead upon the forest floor. It’s fur was a hue of silver, and its mouth was twisted into a snarl. Dirthon turned to Celebthir.

"Your knife-work has come to our aid again," Dirthon said.

"Thank you, my friend," Celebthir replied. "I fear that more of these creatures may be lurking in the forest, though. We must move on."

Dirthon nodded. He approached Curubethion, who was searching through his belongings. "We must move on," Dirthon said. Curubethion made no reply, but continued searching through his things.

Standing, the master ranger handed Dirthon a grey bow. "This was fashioned in Gondor, your homeland," said Curubethion quietly. "Long have I carried it with me, but I have seldom found a use for it. Now, though, I fear that we shall need it. Take this, and use it well."

1 Bow of Ithilien Gondor
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor Man. Bearer gains hunter 1.
Archery: If bearer is a ranger, remove 2 Gondor tokens to exert a minion.
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:43 pm
Silvarin hadn’t raised a hand, nor even twitched, at the appearance of the warg. His companions were so skilled, they had felled the beast before he had any time to conjure up a spell.

Frowning inwardly at himself, he sat down upon a fallen log. This all seemed too easy. A lone warg attacking their entire fellowship?

He waited for the ranger to move forward, but stayed wary of his surroundings.

And for my card...

1 Flow of Power Elven
Event * Skirmish
Spell.
Spot an elf not assigned to skirmish to make another companion strength +3.
Rorin’s axe began to glow, and then the edges of the blade erupted into blue flame.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat May 19, 2007 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:59 pm
Duinihir had rushed towards the Warg with his bow on the ready and an arrow on the string. Drawing the bowstring back to his ear, Duinihir saw that the warg had fallen. Returning his arrow to his quiver, Duinihir gazed at his bow for a moment. It was a richly carved bow, with an elven bowstring, Duinihir had long profited from his great friendship with the elves of Rivendell. However this bow was not elvish, but Numenorean, handed down for generations, strung and restrung with many bowstrings, and heirloom of the long-forgotten realm of Numenor. Gazing at it intently, Duinihir said, "you shall soon have a chance to hunt wargs, Spirit of Numenor."

Slinging it over his shoulder, Duinihir turned and joined the rest of the company.

1 •Duinihir’s Bow, Spirit of Numenor Gondor
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be Duinihir.
He gains hunter 1.
Archery: Exert Duinihir to make him gain archer until the regroup phase.
It was a richly carved bow, with an elven bowstring...however this bow was not elvish, but Numenorean.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:06 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Rorin tentatively poked at the ice-warg with his axe, then jerked it away as crystalline ice began to creep up the blade. He wiped it off in the fallen leaves, staring dumbfounded from the creature, to his axe, and then back at the creature again. “Where are you from, beastie?” he mumbled. The Dwarf was not afraid of many things, but these wisps and spectres and now this half-spirit, half-warg...it was very troubling.

Seeking something to stifle his wandering thoughts, he sought out Ryle, and saw him looking towards the sky.

The Ortan gazed intently upwards, straining to see through the trees. Had he really seen what he thought he had?

After another minute of searching the heavens, a small shape passing between a hole in the canopy confirmed his suspicion and brought a smile to his face. Taking off his right glove, Ryle put his fingers to his mouth and blew a long, low whistle.

“What are you doing, lad?” Rorin said with noticeable alarm, making his way over. “You want to bring all that creature’s friends on top of us?”

Ryle just gave his friend a reassuring nod and held out his left arm, and Rorin’s eyes widened as a majestic bird set down upon it. “Hello, old friend,” Ryle said, reaching his right hand up to stroke the bird gently. “I did not know you were following us.”

“What...how...?” Rorin stuttered.

“This,” Ryle answered, “is Aeglirnen, an eagle of the Hills of Evendim. He is not one of the Great Eagles, as you can see, like those of the Misty Mountains. But he makes up in heart what he lacks in size.”

“Fascinating,” Ellar said, approaching and looking at Aeglirnen with wonder. “How is it that this bird responds to your call?”

“Simple,” Ryle replied. “I raised him. Well, sort of. I found him shortly after I arrived at Lake Evendim. His wing was broken—he was very young and had not been out the nest for long—but he was walking through the woods looking for food anyway. I watched as he tried to stalk mice and insects, but he could not catch them without flying.” Aeglirnen looked up at him, as if understanding the story he was telling, and Ryle scratched the top of his head softly, smiling as he remembered the tale. “Aeglirnen was not a quitter then, and he has never been since. I nursed him back to health, and when he was strong enough, I let him go again. But ever since, he has returned, sometimes several times in a week, to check up on me, I suppose.” He chuckled. “He occasionally even brings me a recent kill, as if mothering me. I guess it’s his way of returning the favor.”

“How long ago was this?” Ellar asked, studying the eagle with great interest.

“A little less than three years, I think. He seems to have a knack for coming when I am in trouble, just as when I found him. He has warned me several times of oncoming danger as I have trekked through the Emyn Uial...”

“Emin...Ooial?” Rorin asked.

Ryle smiled. “The Elven name for the Hills of Evendim, which border Lake Evendim and the ancient city of Annúminas,” he explained.

“Ah,” Ryle said, nodding and turning his attention back to the eagle perched on his friend’s arm.

“Aeglirnen appears whenever I have most needed him, it seems, yet I was not aware he was following me on our journey. He has never ventured this far from Evendim that I am aware of...but then again, neither have I.”

“A very faithful follower you have there, young Ryle,” Ellar replied, reaching up gingerly to stroke the bird for a moment himself.

“Indeed,” said a voice from behind. The trio turned to see the elf Silvarin approach. He gave Rorin a look—which was returned with a slight scowl as the Dwarf leaned on his axe—before turning his full attention to the avian newcomer. “It is said that the Men of Dale have an innate connection with the birds around their lands. I have heard they can even understand their language.” Silvarin raised an inquisitive eyebrow. “Is this true?”

Ellar simply smiled, but Ryle cleared his throat and answered, “It is true that those of more ancient lines have a cetain...affinity with nature, and birds in particular. I am of the line of Bard, but I would not say I can understand exactly what Aeglirnen or any other creature is communicating.”

“But he understands you, does he not?” Silvarin inquired, watching Aeglirnen’s eyes following Ryle as he spoke.

“To some degree, I suppose,” Ryle conceded. “But it is merely whistles and other calls.”

The corner of Silvarin’s mouth twitched ever so slightly. “We shall see. At any rate, it makes me glad to see such a regal hunter in our company, for however long he chooses to linger. It reminds me of the wildlife of my village in Mirkwood, before...” he paused ever so slightly, “...before I left,” the elf said quickly.

A little too quickly for Rorin. “Left? I sense a story we do not yet know, Elf.”

“A story for another day, my dear Dwarf,” Silvarin said, forgetting his normal sarcastic tone with Rorin and instead barely concealing a hint of sadness.

Rorin grunted, and turned back to Ryle. “I say, lad, does he...uh...bite?”

Ellar chuckled. “The elf or the eagle, Rorin?”

Ryle and even Silvarin got a good laugh out of that, but Rorin groaned a bit and tried not to flush. “I meant the bird, of course!” he said a little too loudly.

“No, my friend,” Ryle said, trying not to laugh again. “Would you like to hold him?”

Rorin’s eyes widened again, and he nodded, holding out both arms.

“Just one arm, Rorin,” his friend said, moving his over and whistling to the eagle. Aeglirnen took the hint immediately, and half-flew, half-hopped onto Rorin’s outstretched arm.

“It’s a good thing you’re wearing all that,” Ryle said, indicating Rorin’s armor. “His claws could leave some nasty scars otherwise.”

“Aye,” Rorin replied absentmindedly, studying the eagle on his arm. “Oh! That reminds me,” the Dwarf said suddenly, reaching with his free hand into a satchel at his side. “Take a look at this, lad.”

Ryle opened his hand, and Rorin dropped a large, curved object into it.

“A Warg’s claw,” Silvarin said, looking on. “Where did you find it?”

Rorin patted his chest. “Right here, Elf,” he said proudly. “Back by Deadman’s Dike, one of the beasties brushed by me and left that impaled in my armor.”

“Well, one thing you Dwarves DO get right, at least,” Silvarin replied wryly, “is to heavily armor yourselves. It makes up for your lack of spee—”

“That’s quite enough, Silvarin,” Ryle cut in, coming to his friend’s defense before another squabble broke out. Rorin opened his mouth to speak, and Ryle added “And the same goes for you, my friend. You may not like each other, but let’s leave that out of this until our quest is finished, hm? You never know when a Dwarf may step in to save your life,” he said, turning to Silvarin. “Or an Elf may actually be needed to save yours,” he said to Rorin.

Ellar smiled. The young man was indeed growing up before their eyes.

“I was just going to say, lad,” Rorin said apologetically, “that your bird has relieved himself on my arm.”

Ryle shot a glance and saw a white glob on Rorin’s forearm. “Aeglirnen!” he chided. The eagle chirped and hopped back to Ryle’s gloved hand.

“I think he likes you, Dwarf,” Silvarin said with a smirk.

“Only as much as you apparently do,” Rorin said, shaking his arm wildly. “How do you get this off?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the cards themselves:

1Aeglirnen, Eagle of Emyn Uial Gandalf
Follower
Strength +1
Resistance +1
To play, spot Ryle.
Aid – 2.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a Gandalf or Dwarven companion, exert bearer.
If bearer is a Gandalf Man, each time he or she wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or wound a Warg minion).
“‘Hello, old friend....’”

1Hauberk of Steel Mail Dwarven
Possession • Armor
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses (except from possessions or artifacts).
Tough, durable armor enables Dwarves to shake off blows that would cripple others.

I know these seem awfully good for only 1, but keep in mind cards like Belt of Erebor, Coif, and Ranger’s Cloak for why I think the armor is okay, and Gwaihir, The Windlord as my justification for Aeglirnen only costing 1. I THINK they balance out okay, but if not, let me know in the discussion thread and I’ll make appropriate changes.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:03 pm
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
The miss at short range didn’t bother Celebthir much. The shot had felt right, and he had seen it rise right before impact. There were some things you could not pierce with arrows, and this was one of them. Strangely, his knife had seemed to work quite well -- though the thing didn’t bleed; rather, it had melted. He shivered.
This was too much like the creatures around Dol Guldur. Fighting orcs or spiders was one thing; fighting deathless spirits was another. He kicked the carcass.
"Maybe we should bring it near a fire, if we are stopping any length of time," Celebthir called. "If it is like the shades of Mirkwood, it will be restored to health in the cool of the night unless it is thoroughly melted first."
"Forth Eorlingas!"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Bump!

This was way down on the second page. Not good.

So who still needs to go? Looks like Adalard and Ellar, by my count.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:13 pm
Yeah, been busy this week and will continue to be through the weekend. I will try to have my section up in the foreseeable future.

With that being said, I have one note of good news. I have finished my card. Unfortionately, it’s not very original, but I have been to busy to think up other cards at the moment, and it is blanaced and does help Ellar alot.

1 Ballad of Bard Gandalf
Condition
Vitality +1
Tale. Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make bearer strength +2.
BattleWarg
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:44 pm
Alright then... I’ll officially add my follower, then update all the stuff. Our characters will have the links removed for ease of updating, though, so make sure to doublecheck your companion when I post on the card list that it’s done.

May be on more - week/two week summer vacation starting now...

Adalard had been worried, but before he knew it, the Warg was down and the party was celebrating. He knew when he got back, this adventure would make for quite the story among the defenders of the Shire.

It seemed a bit easy for being this far away from the Shire, but most shirriffs only herded farm animals, so even one of these was much fiercer.

"And onward," Adalard said aloud, with more hope in his voice than he had felt since they were first attacked.

1 •Hobbiton Defender Shire
Follower
+1 Vitality
Aid - Add a burden.
To play, spot a Hobbit.
Each time you play a Shire skirmish event, you may exert bearer to take that event into hand instead of discarding it.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:27 am
The moment Ellar had heard the bloodcurling howl of the mysterious warg, his sword was in his hand, ready for action. The howl had distracted him though, and he felt a nervousness unlike any he had ever experienced before. In a quick sweep with his idea, Ellar looked for Curubethion, making sure his leader was safe before he turned to face this new opponent. Seeing Curubethion, Ellar saw that he was safe and he turned to face the foe, only to find that it had already been slain by the man of Rohan and his quick thinking. The crew of warriors gathered close to inspect the strange beast. Ellar saw that several of the elves were visably saken that their arrows had missed.

"They are great marksmen," thought Ellar, "but their mortal arrows were no match for the supernaterual." That thought reminded Ellar of the Ballad of Bard, and how his arrow pierced and even killed the Great Dragon, who was believed to be invincible. Ellar felt hearted by the memory of the Ballad and turned to listen to a conversation between Rorin, Ryle, and one of the elves.

There we are. Now we can get a move on! Mr. Green

Btw, if you didn’t notice my card is in one of the above post, but I’ll post it here, just for the sake of tradition. Razz

1 Ballad of Bard Gandalf
Condition
Vitality +1
Tale. Bearer must be a Man. Limit 1 per character.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make bearer strength +2.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards