LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:44 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hey, with that new Gandy condition that chokes twilight, the Board is Set might prove to be very needed.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:29 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
The Board is Set is the only thing (besides Elven Armaments) can cancel Frenzy of Arrows. w00t!

- AC

and not in an OP way! that only makes it kewl.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:06 pm
The weight of a legacy might have been okay at the time with the limited number of companions and deck types.
TheJord
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:36 pm
Does anyone else think Stern People is totally useless and suicidal?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:21 pm
Actually, that card is great, but not for a double-move. Imagine playing that, discarding most of your hand, having your opponent take Shadow cards into hand, and then not double-moving! It would only work so often, but your opponent would have a completely clogged hand, and you would be able to reconcile your hand completely!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:19 pm
Booya!

Oh, and it does have some use. I think when they made that everyone was complaining about how good rohan was. They made a lot of let Rohan double move cards.
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:25 am
Hehe. I actually did that before in a 6 person multi. They were mad.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
wraithful
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:20 am
Can anybody make a list of what they think the 10 most useless rares are? Think
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:37 pm
This should be divided into Free Peoples and Minion. Almost all free peoples rares are somewhat usable because you can make the deck to use them. Therefore I think they have an advantage of not being as useless as minion cards especially ones that require specific things to occur.

Free Peoples

Well met indeed is 5 twilight requires a rainbow deck and is an event where sent back makes this card pretty bad.

Bilbo Baggins, Retired Adventurer just not that great now that we have Bilbo companions.

Sam, Frodo’s Gardener Play sam’s pack?

No Mere Ranger there are just way better pumps at this point.

Make light of burdens. Wouldn’t be too bad if you didn’t have to discard 3 cards from the top of your drawdeck.

Minion

No Refuge has great potential but how many dunlanding guys stack and if you know that is what they are going to do you just don’t let the stacking guys stack.

The weight of a legacy is bad. This should have played to the support area, as is even the condition removing deficiency of Gondor can get rid of this.

Men of Harad is not great. It would be better with some more southron swarm potential.

Why shouldn’t I keep it? Discard Bilbo? Doesn’t work against the ring-bearer and you have to be fighting Bilbo.

Goblin Archer way too much twilght. He is a minion which makes him playable, he makes the fellowship archery total negative 6 but still he is only 4 strength and the three vitality would help with the archery total anyway as he could soak up two wounds.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:06 pm
You should keep in mind that a lot of the cards you listed (especially the Freeps ones) were great in their day, and have just been superseded by newer cards. No Mere Ranger is still good in FOTR.

And No Refuge is pretty much a Dunland staple...and let me see you stop those minions from stacking. It’s pretty hard to do. Anyway, stacking Dunlendings is basically the way they fight.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion